BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
DownByLaw123
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7750
Default SMS vs. text paging question

Please Login to Remove!

I have been on the line with Sprint, and thought I'd run this past everyone.
My Blackberry has SMS on it. My company has some Motorola pagers via Verizon that most of the tech staff uses.

If they send my BB a text page from their Motorola, I can receive the page but cannot reply. Sprint says it is because a simple text message is a one-way message that doesn't include the "header" info, for lack of a better term. I can SMS other BB's great - they get the mesasge in a few seconds, they can reply to me, i can reply to them.

If make a new contact with that motorola pager number, and then try to page them, the only option is to "SMS #12345..." Can you send a simple text message from the BB?

Has anyone else run into this? I have the bulk of my fellow support teams with these text pagers, I have a BB since I'm the BES admin, and I got rid of my pager. If I can't reply to their pages, I'll probably have to get my pager back... thanks. p.s. we're running BB 7750's through Sprint, BES 4.0 w/Exchange, all handhelds v4.0...

Last edited by DownByLaw123; 05-18-2005 at 09:40 AM..
Old 05-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
virus.EK

Model: 957

It sounds like it's the iDEN network. Maybe this post will help.

Nextel iDEN:
http://blackberryforums.com/showthre...highlight=iden

And this:
http://blackberryforums.com/showthre...ight=messaging

have you tried #@teleflip.com to send SMS? There's a sticky at the top of this forum about SMS msging with a list of providers.

Last edited by virus.EK; 05-18-2005 at 03:38 PM..
Old 05-20-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
DownByLaw123
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7750
Default question about SMS log

When I receive an SMS message, it has all the previous SMS messages tacked on the back of it. It's basically a log of all SMS messages I've received. is there a way to stop this? I want (I should say my users want) to receive a unique SMS message each time, without their old SMS messages tacked on to the bottom of it. Is there a way to turn this 'logging' feature off, or is this just the way it is?
thanks
Old 05-22-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I have a skytel pager doing a similar thing. In the skytel website I forwarded all pages to my BB via my BB email address. This makes all their messages come to me as [email address]. i can respond to them at [email address]. If you originate the message, send it to [email address] since they can respond to emails via their pager [email address].
Old 05-24-2005, 07:00 PM   #5
virus.EK

Model: 957

In BWC, this can be set in "message handling - do not include original msg". I don't know if this option can be set in BES though. You might want to check. GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownByLaw123
When I receive an SMS message, it has all the previous SMS messages tacked on the back of it. It's basically a log of all SMS messages I've received. is there a way to stop this? I want (I should say my users want) to receive a unique SMS message each time, without their old SMS messages tacked on to the bottom of it. Is there a way to turn this 'logging' feature off, or is this just the way it is?
thanks
Closed Thread