Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
codeworks
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Ordered the Blackberry Online?

Please Login to Remove!

I ordered the new Blackberry 8300 on release day online from Cingular, I got an email at 4:30 that day stating that it was "In Progress". As of right now, it is still saying "In Progress". Thoughts?

Has anyone that has ordered online, followed their status? Does it really switch to shipped as soon as it is shipped? I am just guessing I may receive it soon even though they say "In Progress." More specifically, has anyone that ordered the 8300 on-line received it yet?

When I call they give me the same exact info and thats it.

Thoughts?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
damianp67

Model: 8100c

I ordered mine last Thursday evening at 7pm EST. I had it at my house by 3pm the next day. I ordered it with priority shipping.
You should get an email(assuming you gave an email address) about the status sometime tonight or early tomorrow morning.(based on my experience)
Old 06-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
codeworks

I ordered mine a little earlier than you and I received the "Thank You" email and that it was In Progress but did not receive anything else since then. Did you receive something saying it shipped? Or better yet a tracking number? Or did it just show up?

This is a little discouraging.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Jeff_B

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I ordered mine on Saturday afternoon and it arrived this morning. They sent me a Fedex tracking number the day I ordered it.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
futballer

Carrier: at&t

Same exact thing happened to me and I posted about it before. I didnt get an email notification that it was shipped tho. I had to check the online progress thing.

I ordered mine late Saturday night.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch

I ordered mine online (yay upgrade price) on Friday night and it should arrive here tomorrow morning. I got up to a tracking information e-mail from at&t on Saturday morning. I didn't think to look for a different shipping option. It says free standard mail on my initial confirmation e-mail, but I clearly am getting it via FedEx 2 Day shipping. Mine, according to the tracking info, has been sitting in Seattle since last night.

I would imagine that it will be sorted late tonight and put on a truck early in the morning for delivery. My FedEx guy usually delivers here between 10 and 11 a.m. I'll be sitting here waiting for it tomorrow. Heh.

Now, what will I do with the new SIM they have included in the package? Heh.

I'll post again as soon as it arrives.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
futballer

comes with a new sim?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
kingsfan3344
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Messed up order situation with premier

Hi, maybe some premier experts can help me out here...
I called the 866 429-7222 number and ordered the curve on Friday at noon. I purchased with personal credit card as opposed to using the premier account number, and still got the discount. Anyway, I was supposed to receive it saturday or monday, today, but nothing. More over, I cannot check the status with the order number they gave me. I've been on the phone with them for a total of 5 hours, between saturday and today, trying to locate the order. The only thing they can tell me is that they see notes in the system that an order was placed via credit card. but cannot find more info. they've been trying to locate the agent who took the order (via email) and i still haven't got an answer or haven't received the device. Also the order number that I was given hooks up to a previous order placed by my company and is not accurate for my order. (Also, I didnt give an email address for this roder so I had no documentation)
My credit card was charged as per my credit card company. (actually charged $46 more than was stated on the phone)
Finally, a supervisor recommended purchasing a new one (which I just got an email confirmation). I ordered for overnight shipment. The supervisor said that if I get two, just return one of them and they'll refund me. But if the first order never comes he said he's not sure how they'd refund me since they can't locate the order.
Right now I'm just gonna wait and see until tomorrow, but what do I do if only one (probably the second order) comes? Do I contest charges on my credit card?
Thanks in advance...
Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #9
Noekozz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: att/verizon

In regards to the post above,

I too ordered the curve online from the cingular site early thursday morning on the launch date (5/31). I purchased the phone as an upgrade which was $299 - $100 instant rebate. Received an e-mail on friday saying the device was shipped scheduled for a delivery of Mon. Jun 4th. So I take the day off from work in anticipation of Mr. FedEx.

My package arrives, open the box, and by my luck I receive everything but the phone itself. Talk about frustration. I call up customer service and they ended up having to file a claim with FedEx which the rep told me could take up to 14 business days to resolve. I was so pissed off that I took the day off from work for this garbage, I ended up going to an actual cingular store who actually had some in stock. As for the claim, we'll wait and see what the outcome is, but I still got burned for $200 and change for a phone I never received.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #10
kingsfan3344
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noekozz View Post
In regards to the post above,

I too ordered the curve online from the cingular site early thursday morning on the launch date (5/31). I purchased the phone as an upgrade which was $299 - $100 instant rebate. Received an e-mail on friday saying the device was shipped scheduled for a delivery of Mon. Jun 4th. So I take the day off from work in anticipation of Mr. FedEx.

My package arrives, open the box, and by my luck I receive everything but the phone itself. Talk about frustration. I call up customer service and they ended up having to file a claim with FedEx which the rep told me could take up to 14 business days to resolve. I was so pissed off that I took the day off from work for this garbage, I ended up going to an actual cingular store who actually had some in stock. As for the claim, we'll wait and see what the outcome is, but I still got burned for $200 and change for a phone I never received.
Bottom line for me: Cingular / ATT has to learn how to run customer service from T-mobile. Cingular / ATT should've stepped up in both of our cases...
Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #11
futballer

Everything but the phone itself? WOWOWOWOWOW
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #12
codeworks

From starting this thread it looks as though others have had issues.

When I ordered the phone, I ended up calling instead of completing the purchase on-line and the sales rep said he would honor the $199 on-line instant price and supposedly went to get a managers override. ** As it turned out I was charged $299 for the phone **

Next I said that I wanted this added as a brand new line on my account since I already had one that my company paid for and did not want to change it. No problem he said.. ** When I got my welcome kit in the email it stated that I had been switched to a 550 minute Family plan! for my original line and this one!**

Plus, I have yet to receive the phone and I cannot get my plan switched back until my next billing cycle and then I will need to call and they will work with me to refund the plan change pricing.

So, Can I go to a store and just get the phone by adding a new line now? Or do I need to wait to receive the other one, send it back, and get credited first before I get the new one?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #13
Deeangoe

Model: Curve
PIN: 2412AF9C
Carrier: AT&T

i ordered mine on thursday through cingular, it didnt let me pick my shipping it was already set on standard, i got the email confirmation with my order number and in it says i should receive 3-5 business days, i try to track my order status on the cingular website and ive tryed over 100 times and it always gives me the same...
...We're sorry, but the information you entered was not recognized by our systems. Your order may not yet be available or the information may have been entered incorrectly. Please try again.

god i hope that shit is on its way being im the most impacient person
Old 06-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #14
GP11

Model: 8100
Carrier: cingular

Has anybody been able to order the curve online/over the phone without signing a new contract. I recently signed a contract a few months ago when i bought the pearl and i wanted to know what my options were. Is the instant rebate still applicable? What does the final price work out to be? Thanks.

GP
Old 06-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #15
lauralatham

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillhill View Post
I ordered mine online (yay upgrade price) on Friday night and it should arrive here tomorrow morning. I got up to a tracking information e-mail from at&t on Saturday morning. I didn't think to look for a different shipping option. It says free standard mail on my initial confirmation e-mail, but I clearly am getting it via FedEx 2 Day shipping. Mine, according to the tracking info, has been sitting in Seattle since last night.

I would imagine that it will be sorted late tonight and put on a truck early in the morning for delivery. My FedEx guy usually delivers here between 10 and 11 a.m. I'll be sitting here waiting for it tomorrow. Heh.

Now, what will I do with the new SIM they have included in the package? Heh.

I'll post again as soon as it arrives.
SAME thing is happening to us! We ordered it late Friday, it shipped on Satuday and apparently it's being held hostage in Memphis. I can't wait until tomorrow!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #16
quillhill

My tracking updated at 6:44 p.m. PST saying it had been moved to the sorting facility. I suspect the next update will be after midnight before it goes on the truck.
I've had UPS do this, too, hold a package at its facility until the last possible moment before its promised moment of arrival.
Better to sit at home and wait for it than be distracted at work.

On a side note, I wonder if my skin has shipped from daydeal...hmm.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 AM   #17
cupid

Model: CURVE
Carrier: Telkomsel (T-Sel)

hi everybody.....
i'm a new comer on this forum...
previously i use blackberry 8800, i use it in Indonesia with T-SEL as the carrier.....
could anyone tell me where i have to go to buy the blacberry curve that can be use in indonesia...please.....
need it badly
Old 06-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #18
quillhill

It's just been delivered. Time to get it up and running. Woot!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #19
Noekozz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: att/verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP11 View Post
Has anybody been able to order the curve online/over the phone without signing a new contract. I recently signed a contract a few months ago when i bought the pearl and i wanted to know what my options were. Is the instant rebate still applicable? What does the final price work out to be? Thanks.

GP
Not sure if the instant rebate would be applicable in your case unless you qualify for an upgrade. Your only option would be to just purchase the phone from cingular outright, but you're looking at a $450 price tag for that.

Last edited by Noekozz; 06-05-2007 at 01:44 PM..
Old 06-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #20
glacked

Carrier: ATT

Just got both of mine from Fedex folks. Ordered on Thursday and just had them two day it. Broke the box open and there they sat, sims already installed and ready to go. Plug in battery and we're off to the races.

Thusfar, zero issues as I've seen from others. I've added three email accounts and created a new att one. No lag, no loose parts, nothing negative. Will post up when/if something happens. Interrupted court for a few and taught the wife how to PIN msg. We now we have comms during the workday - which is really what this was all about.
Closed Thread