BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #21
NG1208

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Everyone- I'm new to the forum, so please accept my apologies if this post belongs elsewhere. I've been looking for hours and decided that this was the most appropriate place to post my question.

I just replaced a lost 7250 with a used one. The device appears to work fine, but I have either a battery or voltage-sensing problem. When I charge the battery, everything appears normal for a few minutes. Then the "Low Battery" warning appears and the radio shuts off.

I can let the battery charge until the little lightning bolt disappears and the "Status" menu reads 100%, but within a minute or two of doing anything with the unit, it shuts off the radio and the status reads 0%. The odd thing is that this occurs even with the charger attached. I have used the USB to PC cable that I often used with my old 7250 as well as my old wall charger. I also tried it with my car charger. Same result.

My question is whether this is most likely a battery problem or something wrong with the 7250's internals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #22
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Welcome to the Forums, NG1208.

Do you have a friend or colleague whose battery you could try in the unit? If it works, then that narrows the issue down to the BB device itself... If the other battery charges correctly, then you need to buy a new battery.

However, I am predicting it will be an issue with the replacement BB you have gotten "used".
Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #23
NG1208

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A

JSanders, thanks for the response. I'm sort of "in the sticks" where I live. I've never even seen another BB in my town, and the closest 7250 is probably 50 miles away. All of my colleagues that have BBs are hundreds of miles away.

The rest of this phone seems to be pretty good. The thumbwheel is nice and snug, everything seems tight, and the charging port isn't loose either. (I had read somewhere in this forum that it could be a problem if loose.) I'm really hoping that the phone is okay, but I guess I'll have to gamble on the cost of a battery to find out. The first three stores I've checked don't have them. The quest continues...
Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #24
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

NG, look at the sponsors of this forum, they have some good pricing on batteries. Good luck, hoping it is only the battery.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #25
punkarella
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Nexus
Carrier: t-mo

I thought my battery was bad so I called t-mobile and they sent me another one. Turns out that I just use my pearl too much. thank goodness for the back up battery
do you twitter? ... I do!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:00 AM   #26
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

I can see myself opting for the seido 1240. My battery just wont hold up to my excessive use every day any more. I come home every day with maybe 20% left, but that's with me watching how I use it throughout the day. Using bluetooth with Telenav is killing my battery!
Old 05-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #27
loosechange
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

After a few calls cingular is sending me a new battery too. Hopefully that will help with the hourglassing as I've read as well. I'm keeping the original battery so worse comes to worse at least I'll have a backup.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #28
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkarella View Post
I thought my battery was bad so I called t-mobile and they sent me another one. Turns out that I just use my pearl too much. thank goodness for the back up battery
They did not ask you to resend the old battery?
Old 05-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #29
tgeekb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2448FC02
Carrier: AT&T

I purchased the Seidio 1250MAH battery this weekend. I'm looking forward to see how much it helps. I've heard good things about it.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #30
loosechange

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondalegend View Post
They did not ask you to resend the old battery?
Nope, they said I could keep it and that they didn't need it back. I even asked for a recommendation on how to recycle/dispose of it and of course they didn't know, they just said keep it.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #31
goose2k

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Seidio option sounds good. However, they don't sell the battery door by itself. So, if one buys the extended battery / door, and if you happen to break just the cover, they do not sell the door by itself. So, basically, they force you to buy another battery (if one breaks or damages the door) to get a new door.
Closed Thread