BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #121
Aldazar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 1010

Please Login to Remove!

I copied and pasted the exact URL from Post 1 on this thread but I'm still getting a 404 error.

I don't know why, since it works fine with T-Roy's Google server. The only reason I'm trying to switch it up is because there's a known error with the Google server that messes up anything with an apostrophe in it.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #122
tateu
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

If you're getting an error with a server when using it on your blackberry...try using it from your computer. If you get an error on your computer than you know there is something wrong with the server.

From your computer browser type: "www.theserver.com/path/BBCorrectorServer.cgi?check=This is a spel check tst"

In the case of the server on the first page of this thread...it is down.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:06 PM   #123
Aldazar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 1010

Darn... Does anyone know if there's another free, public server available?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:54 PM   #124
T-Roy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Darth Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldazar
I copied and pasted the exact URL from Post 1 on this thread but I'm still getting a 404 error.

I don't know why, since it works fine with T-Roy's Google server. The only reason I'm trying to switch it up is because there's a known error with the Google server that messes up anything with an apostrophe in it.
This has now been fixed
Old 03-20-2006, 11:05 PM   #125
HIH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Difference with BBspell??
Old 04-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #126
badspeller

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Just found this thread. Looks promising. I'm having an issue and looking for some help.

Getting error: BBCorrector Error: HTTP response code: 400

Am using Cingular 8700 on BES.

What I have done:
- successfully loaded BBCorrector from blackberrytools.sourceforge (shows up in menus)
- Entered "htt...ww.rebreathertech.com:81/cgi-bin/BBCorrectorServer.cgi" in BBCorrector Server URL (no quotes)
- left Username and Password blank
- left Disable MDS Proxy blank

When doing the spell check I get the error mentioned above (400).

Put "htt...ww.theserver.com/path/BBCorrectorServer.cgi?check=This%20is%20a%20spel%2 0check%20tst" in PC browser and get:
Http Status Code: 404

Reason: File not found or unable to read file

please help.
thanks!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #127
badspeller

Model: 9930

Cancel above request....
Loaded latest version of BBCorrector and am using server nexstanza.com...

Is working great.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #128
ifeuer

Model: 7100t
Carrier: tmobile
Default Could Not Open Tunnel

Hey guys.

I used the rebreather link and everytime I click on the spelling link...

I get..

BBCorrectore Error: could not open tunnel - failed.

I checked the link..it is correct..

I have the mds disabled...

If I enable it, I get a PPP error.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #129
Teuton
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu
For the quotation marks, don't use alt-k. Use the special curly ones found by clicking on the symbol button. They are UTF-8 characters. Now spell check it, using the original BBCorrectorServer.cgi or my first attempt at a fix from a few posts back. You should get an error on your Blackberry about malformed UTF-8. You can then try it using my latest modified version found below and, hopefully, it should now work.
Where can I find special curly quotation mark? + which keyboard button? I or K? This is for BBCorrector Server URL and I thot I tried.

Last edited by Teuton; 05-05-2006 at 04:18 PM..
Old 07-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #130
gren2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: bell

is the server still running, i keep getting the error code 400

thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #131
rickthornton

Model: 9530
Default It is working fine for me using the default google server

Quote:
Originally Posted by gren2
is the server still running, i keep getting the error code 400

thanks

Last edited by rickthornton; 07-05-2006 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 07-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #132
richbinflorida

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Have loaded ok, but get error message: "BBCorrector Error: Unable to open connection."

Using BB7520.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #133
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow

Are you still using the google spell server or the rebreather one? I have bbCorrector up and running on my 8700g (T-mobile) with it directed to the rebreather link, but it goes into the "Checking Spelling..." mode for quite awhile, then eventually gives me a "BBCorrector Error: Unable to open connection". When I try it with the google box checked, I get "BBCorrector Error: HTTPresponse code: 302". Any thoughts of what to try would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #134
rickthornton

Default I'm using the Google server

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclyffe
Are you still using the google spell server or the rebreather one? I have bbCorrector up and running on my 8700g (T-mobile) with it directed to the rebreather link, but it goes into the "Checking Spelling..." mode for quite awhile, then eventually gives me a "BBCorrector Error: Unable to open connection". When I try it with the google box checked, I get "BBCorrector Error: HTTPresponse code: 302". Any thoughts of what to try would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!
I have used the Google server today and it continues to work perfectly for me. I'm sorry that I have no suggestions for you, hopefully, another member has the "magic bullet".
Old 07-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #135
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthornton
I have used the Google server today and it continues to work perfectly for me. I'm sorry that I have no suggestions for you, hopefully, another member has the "magic bullet".
Thanks, I'll keep searching, and it helps to know that the google server is working for you.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #136
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthornton
rickthornton, it was your post that let me know this should be working for me...thanks, and I'm copying my post from another thread here so it may help someone else, too.

[quote=wclyffe]Since I have posted this above, I have been able to get my 8700g and BBCorrector to now attempt to spell check ("Checking Spelling"..) I am now getting an Error Response: Code 302. I've read about this in a thread, but it seems like tateu addressed it in V1.22 which is the version I have currently loaded. Now I'm not sure what else to try though it seems like it is a problem relating to google spell.[/QUOTE

Great news: I just figured out what my problem with logging into the google spell checker was by trial and error. On the setup entry "Language" I had put in "En" and it needs to be all lower case "en". Maybe this is somewhere in all the bbCorrector threads, but I must have missed it. So for anyone getting an error response code 302, please check this as it may be your problem, too. I even went back and capitalized it again, and got the error code right away.

Greater News: I am excited by how the program works and want to express my thanks to everyone who tried to help me solve this along the way. I especially want to thank tateu and would like to paypal you some $ so please set that up...you deserve it for all you have done and continue to do!! Best, Robert
Old 07-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #137
rickthornton

Default Glad it's working for you

[QUOTE=wclyffe]rickthornton, it was your post that let me know this should be working for me...thanks, and I'm copying my post from another thread here so it may help someone else, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclyffe
Since I have posted this above, I have been able to get my 8700g and BBCorrector to now attempt to spell check ("Checking Spelling"..) I am now getting an Error Response: Code 302. I've read about this in a thread, but it seems like tateu addressed it in V1.22 which is the version I have currently loaded. Now I'm not sure what else to try though it seems like it is a problem relating to google spell.[/QUOTE

Great news: I just figured out what my problem with logging into the google spell checker was by trial and error. On the setup entry "Language" I had put in "En" and it needs to be all lower case "en". Maybe this is somewhere in all the bbCorrector threads, but I must have missed it. So for anyone getting an error response code 302, please check this as it may be your problem, too. I even went back and capitalized it again, and got the error code right away.

Greater News: I am excited by how the program works and want to express my thanks to everyone who tried to help me solve this along the way. I especially want to thank tateu and would like to paypal you some $ so please set that up...you deserve it for all you have done and continue to do!! Best, Robert
Robert,

Glad you got it figured out, I had all kinds of problems initially as a result of Cingular not having my WAP access set up properly. Once I got it all working, it was so sweet to have this application (and well worth the effort). I concur with your feelings about sending something tateu's way. I guess it is up to him to make available his paypal info if he is so inclined, but as you stated, his efforts are very deserving.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #138
Tony1788

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Default Can't Connect to Server...

I just installed the BBCorrector app without a problem. I went to the bbcorrector icon on the blackberry and put in the server name as mentioned in the thread creator's post (I tripple checked this to make sure that it was correct). I opened up my Messages icon and created a test email in which i purposely misspelled a word and then clicked the thumb wheel. This is what happened:

1. At first, the "Spelling" option was not listed. I pressed and held down ALT NUM Return keys and rebooted the berry. Upon reboot, it showed up.

2. Now tried to select the "Spelling" option which then displayed a box that said "checking spelling" and then said "BBCorrector Error: HTTP response code: 400". I went to the BBCorrector icon and checked the box "Disable MDS Proxy". Tried it again and then I got a message saying "BBCorrector Error: Unable to open connection".

3. I checked over the address yet again and it is correct. What could the problem be?

My Blackberry is my work phone and is paid for by my work, so i get my emails through our Blackberry server PC if that has anything to do with it.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #139
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Exclamation

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBscreen1.jpg (43.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg BBscreen3.jpg (43.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #140
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

beyond.... I am using the totally different version, found here at this link...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ed-google.html

works great with the google spell check
Closed Thread