Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
CaptSwerve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Angry Wirefly!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

OK, I ordered a Pearl from these people a week ago and have had nothing but problems. I think I've been on the phone with them every day attempting to fix their mistakes.
1. They ordered the wrong plan for me. I wanted the t-mobile 1000 plus plan with free nights and weekends but they were going to sign me up for the 1000 with no nights and weekends. I caught this before they had signed me up.
2. They didn't have the Pearl in stock so I had to wait. They tell me that they'll upgrade my shipping to next day but they ship it two day instead
3. They sent me multiple emails telling me that I needed to call them because they needed more information from me. When I would call, they asked me for the same information each time.
4. My phone was shipped the other day (two day instead of next day like they said) and I was poking around in my account with them. I decided to check out the sales receipt and found out that they're charging me $99.99 for the phone they advertised as free plus a $50 mail in rebate (so you end up making $40 after the $10 processing fee).

Attached are screen shots of my sales receipt (charge) and the original invoice (free; I actually saved the entire web page to my computer since i don't have a printer). My original invoice is no longer on their site.

I called the people and tried to explain without getting too pissed but the peon that answered the phone attempted to convince me that the price of the phone was $99.99 and then mail in rebates. I asked to speak to their supervisor and he immediately transfered me (This was nice. I was expecting to have to ask three or four times like when I call t-mobile). The supervisor ended up agreeing with me but had to inform the financial department. She said that she would know more about my refund in 24 hours. After they approve my refund I'll probably have to wait five to seven business days to get my money back. Money that they shouldn't have taken in the first place.
I think I talked them into sending me a free bluetooth headset (not sure if I'll actually get it) and a $25 AmEx gift card (pretty sure I'll get this since the supervisor confirmed it but there is still no telling). Well that's my experience with Wirefly. I read in another thread on the forum that the person has had good experiences with this place so I hope I'm just an isolated case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	charge.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	7465   Click image for larger version

Name:	free.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	7466  
Old 03-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
No Longer Registered.

Wirefly is a partner in my business. I do new contract sign up and have never come across any issues wth them. Probably because I have a business relationship with them? *shrugs*

Old 03-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: yeah baby !
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Angry wirefly is horrible .... i agree ....

i once ordered from them and went through hell and back trying to either get the phone i ordered or my money back ! they really got me scared at one point when i saw no refund or phone .... i wonder how many people have had problems with wirefly and there tricky advertising which also confused me after i already paid for my order ....
Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
chazm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t mobile

I ordered from them once....never again.

I took me exactly 1 year to get my rebate from them.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Wow. My friend just ordered a Pearl from them and got it in 3 days. It was free and had a $50 rebate. Everything seemed to work ok for him.

Please try a Search
Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 AM   #6
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Went through them 1st for my Pearl but was told repretedly for (2) weeks out of stock, please allow 48-72 hours. Went to Lets Talk for the same deal (FREE) and had the phone in (3) days. I have gone through them before w/o issue so for me it was an isolated problem.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
CaptSwerve

so after 2 weeks of them telling me that i'm going to get my money back, i'm not getting it now. apparently, when i called them to change my t-mobile plan their promotion had changed for an hour or so and then changed it back (i think they say this because you have no proof that it didn't change and they can use this to screw you over). now i have to deal with getting my money back with mail-in-rebates. one through t-mobile (won't be bad) and one through them (will be bad). their shady a$$ rebate requires you to wait 4 months to send it in. then you have a 2 month window. i never got the gift card they promised but i did get the bluetooth. i will NEVER order from these shady people again.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
CaptSwerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejr
Went through them 1st for my Pearl but was told repretedly for (2) weeks out of stock, please allow 48-72 hours. Went to Lets Talk for the same deal (FREE) and had the phone in (3) days. I have gone through them before w/o issue so for me it was an isolated problem.
they were "out of stock" for me too. my experience was only about a week though. i'm going to contact inphonic's headquarters and let them know how i feel about their business.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
dooks88

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Ordered my old 7230 from them a few years back. Had nothing but problems with number porting and rebate. I wont use them again.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
redsoxnation

Model: 9650
Carrier: SPRINT

Dont understand why anyone would order a phone from a third party. Why not just go to the provider? With the provider you know what your getting and now unlike five years ago you get the same rebate and price and with the custumer support. So why chance it?
Old 03-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
BBChristopher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation
Dont understand why anyone would order a phone from a third party. Why not just go to the provider? With the provider you know what your getting and now unlike five years ago you get the same rebate and price and with the custumer support. So why chance it?
Mainly because you can save hundreds of dollars!

I have ordered from WireFly and LetsTalk...

Always had a good experience, phones were fine, got rebates, just had to be patient.
850, 950, 957, 7100, 7130, 8100, 8800, 8310, 9000
Old 03-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #12
redsoxnation

That's not true. "Mainly because you can save hundreds of dollers". If your signing up with a new provider you get the same dicount or better with the provider. I just switched from t-mo to sprint. Not only did the give me the discount I brought in off the internet they gave me the mail in rebate right on the spot " NO WAITING"! And if you not signing up for a new contract going in to a store and acually talking to a person almost always works out in your favor as well. I'm in sales and talking to a person when buying something and looking for a discount always beats buying online. Oh and if I don't like it. I walk two blocks and take it back not wait two weeks.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #13
BBChristopher
CrackBerry Addict

Lets say you want to use Cingular...
New customer...
What will you pay for a Pearl right now? $199.00
Get Started | Cingular Wireless

But, on Wirefly and LetsTalk, you can get it for free...
That's $200! And that is just one example....

Old 03-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #14
redsoxnation

I totaly agree with you. Each month carrers will promo different Phones for free. Wifly will do this for the pearl this month and next month cingular might do it. If you dont have a case of the now's "got to have everything right now" then you could get the same deal at a carrier. I just waited until sprint ran a deal for the 8703. I got it for $99. And like I said got them to ad the mail in rebate that day and I have the comfort of knowing that its backed by the carrier so if anything did go wrong I could just walk two blocks and take it right back.

Last edited by redsoxnation; 03-18-2007 at 04:08 PM..
Old 03-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
medic223
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

Well Cingular has NEVER offered the Pearl for free. The Pearl has been free or make money after MIR for well over 2 months. Sites like Amazon and Wirefly always offer free phones except a few of the newer ones and high end ones like the 8525.

The only way to get these prices at a provider like Cingular is to get them to price match. Amazon is usually the best one to price match with.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #16
BBChristopher
CrackBerry Addict

Exactly my point...

Those sites are a great way to save on devices....
If you don't want to wait for rebates, and want to walk to the local store to return your phone... Go for it!

For me? If you don't mind signing a new contract.... great way to save...
Old 03-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #17
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Worked for me! Man that sounded like on on Hooked on Phonics commercial!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #18
redsoxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBChristopher
Exactly my point...

Those sites are a great way to save on devices....
If you don't want to wait for rebates, and want to walk to the local store to return your phone... Go for it!

For me? If you don't mind signing a new contract.... great way to save...
What point? Exactly what I said PRICE MATCH! I took an ad from Best Buy into Sprint and the matched it right there and instead of me having to do the mail in rebate and waight two months to get my money the just took it off right then.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #19
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

The online retailers like Wirefly and Ushopwireless offer Blackberries for FREE. I haven't see a BB Pearl, 8700, and in most cases a 7290 for free at any Retail store. In fact I was personally told by a T-Mobile sales manager that they cant beat those onliers due to special rebates they have with affiliated programs. So you say you got a free Blackberry at a Sprint store, I commend you. You must be a great negotionater.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #20
redsoxnation

Ok time to end this. Like I said befor I agree with you that you can get great deals online. Back to the original concern about wire fly sucking. He probably got a great deal on the phone but they screwed up his contract and order THREE TIMES! No I didn't get my 8703e for free I payed $42 for it. But to me that $42 well spent because I don't have to go through what he's going through. All those with Wire Fly stock need not reply!
Closed Thread