Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
katone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mo
Default syncing 2 separate inboxes?

Please Login to Remove!

hello all, I must be the newest member here

I m receiving my new 8100 in a day or two, and was wondering if I will be able to sync emails with two different inboxes (2 separate email addresses) or will it all go into one big inbox instead?

I plan on using the Microsoft exchange option from my service provider (6.99/month), does that sound about a good idea?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
ath2o

Model: 8100C
Carrier: att

Hi Katone
You can have serveral different email accounts come to your 8100. I have a corporate email, home email, and gmail accounts on my 8100. They each have a separate folder as well as one master folder with all messages. Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
KeilwerthSX90R
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ath2o
Hi Katone
You can have serveral different email accounts come to your 8100. I have a corporate email, home email, and gmail accounts on my 8100. They each have a separate folder as well as one master folder with all messages. Hope this helps.
ath2o, how did you get a separate folder for you corporate email? For me there is no separate folder for my company's BES. The only place my corporate email is in is the master folder which has my personal email in it as well.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 03-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
bigpov

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeilwerthSX90R
ath2o, how did you get a separate folder for you corporate email? For me there is no separate folder for my company's BES. The only place my corporate email is in is the master folder which has my personal email in it as well.

Thanks,
Josh

If it's like my Pearl, you should have a separate icon on the home screen for each different email account you have set up. If you go into the message icon it will show you all the different accounts at once, but each one should have it's own icon. Why does it matter anyway? I just open em as I get em, whether it's work or personal. Is there a difference? Maybe I just work too hard.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
KeilwerthSX90R

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpov
Quote:

Thanks,
Josh

If it's like my Pearl, you should have a separate icon on the home screen for each different email account you have set up. If you go into the message icon it will show you all the different accounts at once, but each one should have it's own icon. Why does it matter anyway? I just open em as I get em, whether it's work or personal. Is there a difference? Maybe I just work too hard.
So far I have been unable to find a separate Folder for the BES.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #6
bigpov

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Have you tried clicking your menu button from the home screen? This should give you the option to move, Hide, or Unhide icons. Maybe they're just hidden and you don't realize it. I don't know, just a thought.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #7
KeilwerthSX90R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpov
Have you tried clicking your menu button from the home screen? This should give you the option to move, Hide, or Unhide icons. Maybe they're just hidden and you don't realize it. I don't know, just a thought.
Yeah, I tried that. Could it have something to do with my the IT policy or BES Setup at my company?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
rdcisneros3

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Yeah, I tried that. Could it have something to do with my the IT policy or BES Setup at my company?

Thanks!
That's just how it works with BES. It's the same for me. I have my corporate account as well as Yahoo and Gmail all going to my phone. Yahoo and Gmail go to the main messages container along with the corporate account but they also have their own container. My corporate account doesn't have its own container.
Closed Thread