Old 02-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #21
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJohn
No 8800 clip yet, but they do make this for the Pearl...I would buy this for my 8800.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductImages/8100hl.jpg
Well I have that for my Pearl and stoped using it for a while now. Just can't how high the pearl sits and end up hiting the body side when siting down.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #22
JohnJohn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf1khal
Well I have that for my Pearl and stoped using it for a while now. Just can't how high the pearl sits and end up hiting the body side when siting down.
Swivel/Love Handle Clip...right? I hope so. Working out more in NOT an option.

8300 BB - iPhone - HTC8925 - DS
Old 02-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #23
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Swivel/Love Handle Clip...right? I hope so. Working out more in NOT an option.
I wish it was that but the pearl does stick out much higher and I never had this issue with 8700 holster.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 AM   #24
cp-Mike
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

I love the cheapy plastic case that came with my 8700. I removed the clip, so it's just the shell. I also taped over the hole with electrician's tape (no, it doesn't look ghetto). I put the 8700 in the "shell" and put it in my pants pocket.

It's perfect because it keeps the screen from getting scratched and prevents the keyboard from accumulating dirt and lint. It allows me to make use of the sleeper magnet so I can use the "holster" profiles to make the phone ring louder when it's in my pocket. Plus, I don't walk around looking like I have a tumor on my hip (when wearing a sweater or other shirt that comes down past my belt).

And it didn't cost me a dime! Doesn't get any better than that.

If I upgrade to an 8800, I'm going to have to find a similar arrangement. I've gotten too used to my 'berry-in-the-pocket routine.

Last edited by cp-Mike; 02-22-2007 at 01:47 AM..
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 AM   #25
Synncere

Model: 8800

I have a few cases for my BlackBerry Pearl. I rarely use the OEM leather holster but I used the after market holster from Seidio quite a bit. If Seidio makes one for the BlackBerry 8800 I will definitely be buying one.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 AM   #26
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

Quote:
It MIGHT fit in some of the Motorola Q clips

Motorola Q: 4.57" x 2.52" x 0.47"
BB8800: 4.49" x 2.6" x .55"

I have the Sedio Q Clip...and it's close but no fit.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #27
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

I know everyone had their own likes and dislikes but I will have to say the the RIM plastic holster is a piece of sh|t! Reasons: see above.

Call me a little sissy but I, above ALL else, want to be able to remove and replace my phone in a holster without hassel and the least amount of effort. This is the most important thing to me as I do it 100 times a day!

For you guys who are a little insecure about your manhood and feel the leather holster is a little on the girlie side, glue the lable to your xxxxxx bottle on it! <vbg>
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #28
bollar
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
Call me a little sissy
Leather, by definition, is never sissy. Don't worry about it. I'll send you half of the leather holsters that are mailed to me! <g>
Old 02-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #29
profet

Carrier: Cingular

I think my main problem with the leather holster is that I'm used to being able to whip out my blackberry with one hand.

Not sure if its practice or what, but it always takes me a few seconds of playing with the leather holster to remove the device.

I also don't like that the device faces out(away from you), in the holster. When I remove it, I need to flip it around or change hands. With it facing inwards (toward you) like on the plastic holster it was one continuous motion from hip to head.

Does any of that make sense?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:42 AM   #30
bollar

Carrier: Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by profet
I think my main problem with the leather holster is that I'm used to being able to whip out my blackberry with one hand.

Not sure if its practice or what, but it always takes me a few seconds of playing with the leather holster to remove the device.

I also don't like that the device faces out(away from you), in the holster. When I remove it, I need to flip it around or change hands. With it facing inwards (toward you) like on the plastic holster it was one continuous motion from hip to head.

The leather case is grooved so the BB can face in or out.

As for the leather flap, I guess you develop a routine. I don't notice any delay anymore.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #31
dooks88

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by profet

you can put the 8800 in the case either facing in or out.

the leather case protects the blackberry better than most plastic clips, but i have a hard time putting the phone back in the case. its a pain to lift the strap and slide the berry in. i have almost dropped it a few times doing this. cant wait for some options from seidio.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #32
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

You can never please anybody. When these types of cases came out for the 8700 everybody was happy. Now you get one instead of a launcher and people still complain. If you think it is sissy looking maybe it's your apperance instead of the leather case on your hip!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #33
VidGameKing

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I would rather have a leather case that keeps the blackberry on my hip, tand a plastic one that launches it accross the room!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #34
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

As far as the leather strap, i found pushing it aside while lifting the device out of the holster is more easy than lifting the strap. The 8800 does not have as good as a place on each side to grip it to remove from the holster but I am getting used to it.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #35
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310

Meh... people will complain no matter what RIM includes (or doesn't include).
Old 02-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #36
cellguy

Model: 9800
PIN: 25F09CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
oops - I was actually liking the included case. Easy to get the device in and out of.
Gotta go with you on this one. I love the new case. I hated the old plastic clip. Always popped out when my "spare tire" hit it.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #37
hailer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
I know everyone had their own likes and dislikes but I will have to say the the RIM plastic holster is a piece of sh|t! Reasons: see above.

Call me a little sissy but I, above ALL else, want to be able to remove and replace my phone in a holster without hassel and the least amount of effort. This is the most important thing to me as I do it 100 times a day!

For you guys who are a little insecure about your manhood and feel the leather holster is a little on the girlie side, glue the lable to your xxxxxx bottle on it! <vbg>
Haha. Also my leather holster does not damage the body of my 8700c. When I decide to sell it (I usually go through a device a year), I'll get better value from it than a banged and scratched up device, which I am sure some of you probably have from those plastic scratchers

"xxxxxxBerry - It lasts all week on one charge..."
Old 02-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #38
JohnJohn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

WOW

A simple like and dislike has gotten others questioning manhood?

I like leather but, I wouldn't carry a leather fanny pack, I wouldn't carry a leather backpack, and I wouldn't wear a leather cap either. However, I eat beef and sit on leather seats.

I think the case is "girlie" be the design/look. In particular, the flip strap with the Blackberry logo on it. I think it looks like an accessory sold with a nice ladies purse.

I prefer something with easier pull up/out access. The outside of the case comes up too much to pull side the device out using one's flat hand. You must pinch the device between your index finger and thumb, great for protection, but not so great for access.

Yes some of you are right, everyone will not be happy no matter what RIM puts out. Complaints about the hard plastic case are probably the reason why RIM decided to go with this design. While those comments should ring aloud, so should these.

As with most things in life, the market (Seidio) will right the wrongs (for some of us).

8300 BB - iPhone - HTC8925 - DS
Old 02-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #39
hailer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Or take the less is more approach and just carry it like Jessica....

Old 02-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #40
hailer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
WOW

A simple like and dislike has gotten others questioning manhood?

I like leather but, I wouldn't carry a leather fanny pack, I wouldn't carry a leather backpack, and I wouldn't wear a leather cap either. However, I eat beef and sit on leather seats.

I think the case is "girlie" be the design/look. In particular, the flip strap with the Blackberry logo on it. I think it looks like an accessory sold with a nice ladies purse.

I prefer something with easier pull up/out access. The outside of the case comes up too much to pull side the device out using one's flat hand. You must pinch the device between your index finger and thumb, great for protection, but not so great for access.

Yes some of you are right, everyone will not be happy no matter what RIM puts out. Complaints about the hard plastic case are probably the reason why RIM decided to go with this design. While those comments should ring aloud, so should these.

As with most things in life, the market (Seidio) will right the wrongs (for some of us).
Wait a minute...I wear a leather bike coat .....girls say I look cute in it so it is all
Closed Thread