BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 12-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #161
drub

Model: M600i
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

HELP!!

right now I am using a SE m600i in the US on Cingular. I have been using it for a few months with no problems. I wanted to start using BB Connect and I added the Unlimited BB Plan to my act. today, but for some reason I cant get it to connect.

I am just using the BIS
Under Status I get: Not Connected.
When I try to do registration it says "Packet Data Available" and then APN Connected and then Not Connected under Status.
My BB .sis version is: 3.31 (26)
and my phone version: CXC162037 R9A002

I put my SIM card into a BlackBerry Pearl and it was getting a data connection with no problems. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #162
graphreak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: UPs? Always welcome.
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by drub
HELP!!

right now I am using a SE m600i in the US on Cingular. I have been using it for a few months with no problems. I wanted to start using BB Connect and I added the Unlimited BB Plan to my act. today, but for some reason I cant get it to connect.

I am just using the BIS
When I try to do registration it says "Packet Data Available" and then APN Connected and then Not Connected under Status.

I put my SIM card into a BlackBerry Pearl and it was getting a data connection with no problems. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
This happens when the BBConnect on the handheld does not get properly
registered on the service network.

Usually it has to do with some kind of incompatibility on the handheld
between the BBConnect Version and the cell OS version.

In a similar situation I had -but with the SE P990i- BBConnect refused to
work OK on the pre-loaded OS that came when purchased.
It did the exact same thing you are experiencing on the M600i.
Talking to Cingular data support did not make it work.
They even tried changing the plan to see if that was causing any issues.

BBConnect began working as soon as I upgraded the handheld OS
to the latest using the SE Update Service Software and re-installed the
exact same BBConnect version on this new OS.

You have two options:
1. Try and locate a different BBConnect version (newer preferably or previous too)
and install it on same M600i OS.
OR
2. Upgrade (if available) M600i OS and re-install same BBConnect & try.

Just my 2-bits worth from past experience.
Hope that helps.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #163
geek_riot
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by drub
HELP!!

I am just using the BIS

I had that issue as well and I found it to be solved by installing the 3.37 version of bb connect. A link to it can be found here:
BlackBerry Connect for P990i and M600i
Old 01-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #164
kcy

Hello guys,
I think I installed BBC on my phone correctly.
But, I can't tap the "Blackberry Internet" tab on the phone.
I'm using T-mobile USA. Do I have to set this up through T-mobile website to get a Blackberry email account?
Since there is no my phone (M600i) on the list of the t-mobile website, I can't set up the Blackberry Email account.
So, I talked with T-mo rep, and they said I can't get a support just because I'm not using a Blackberry handset by T-mobile.

How do you guys set up email accounts like Hotmail and Gmail on the phone?
Do I need to pretend as if I have a blackberry handset on the T-mo website?
btw, is it possible to receive standard Hotmail? or Does it have to be Hotmail Plus?

Please help me out!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #165
eastend
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Smile M600i and Blackberry connect issue problem-solved

I have been working on this problem since updating my firmware to r9a (Latest out there) The problem is the version of the BBC as I see it. For me using 3.37 for this edition of firmware did not work. I am in Canada on Rogers. Lo and behold, Sony ericsson has the latest BBC on their website (version 3.45). Go to their website and click on the corporate site at the bottom left and then go to support on the next page. CLick on your device (m600i) and scroll down to software downloads and it is in the BBC and Destop application. Download the 13 meg. file and you know how to do the rest.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #166
trbloomer

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default M600i Vs BB Pearl

This thread got me thinking. I'm a recent convert to the Blackberry way of life and am using a Pearl. When I got the Pearl I didn't know about Blackberry Connect. I really like the Pearl but I’ve been lusting after the M600i since last summer. One of the things I like about the Sony is the way headphones attach with the fastport dongle then any headset you like plugs into that.

This is just a long introduction to my questions though. Has anyone here used both the M600i and a Pearl? I’m wondering about the differences between the two, responsiveness of the OS, stability etc.

I find that the suretype on the Pearl works quite well for me, how well does the Sony keyboard work? This is for personal use so the limitations I’ve read about for BBconnect in comparison to the BB in an actual BB device are acceptable for me.

Thanks for any responses
Old 02-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #167
eastend

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Wink m600 and pearl

I will give you an honest response although long. I live in Canada and you know where the BB came from. I have used the following devices since the inception of Blackberry. Original 857, 6280, 7130g, 8700r, and pearl. Also the Nokia e61 with BB connect and now the M600i with BB connect. The pearl is a great device. It is small, compact, with all the bells and whistles. The key board is tight but predictive text is great. The screen is dimmer that the 8700 and the M6ooi. If you are a heavy user of email and text, do not buy the pearl. Although predictive text is great it is no answer to a full qwerty. THe difference with the m600i is the key pad allows you to select either side of one key which in essence is a full qwerty although small. If you want the smallest device and need, not want a camera, go pearl. If you want a pda with touch screen and a better organizer and a stylus go m600i. The BB are made for heavy email use and the delivery of such is more robust. The m600 and the e61, which I have used are capable of delivering quality email and in a timely fashion if you don't expect BB speed. Now what are we talking about when it comes to speed. M600 will deliver the email, through BB connect in about one to two seconds slower time. Ask yourself: Is this critical? If not and you want a better MP3 player with better looking interface go sony. If you want WIFI go E61. I have had all the devices. I still have a BB 8700r. Why? Because I am Canadian and BB are Canadian and I feel proud to have all the world lusting over a device that originated and is still made in canada. The m600 will take some getting used to and it will take time to match the OSystem with the BB connect client. But it will work and it will not crash.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:41 AM   #168
dkjid

Smile Latest SE M600i firmware R9EC001 finally works with BB Connect v. 3.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend
I have been working on this problem since updating my firmware to r9a (Latest out there) The problem is the version of the BBC as I see it. For me using 3.37 for this edition of firmware did not work. I am in Canada on Rogers. Lo and behold, Sony ericsson has the latest BBC on their website (version 3.45). Go to their website and click on the corporate site at the bottom left and then go to support on the next page. CLick on your device (m600i) and scroll down to software downloads and it is in the BBC and Destop application. Download the 13 meg. file and you know how to do the rest.
THanks to eastend for the info . I finally got to manage the blackberry connection with my M600i whose firmware upgraded to R9EC001 using the BB Connect version 3.45. However, it is not 100% perfect yet because I have to do:
1. In Conn Manager, have to put "BES Internet" as Priority 1 & put my phone service GPRS setting to Priority 2.
2. If I want to browse the web, I have to manually switch my service GPRS setting to Priority 1
3. Sometimes the BB connection is lost for several minutes, but still managable.

I am waiting for the version of BB Connect later than v. 3.45. I wish it will accomodate the fix for the above problems. Can anyone help?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #169
dietbloodbath

Model: m600i
Default I have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjid
THanks to eastend for the info . I finally got to manage the blackberry connection with my M600i whose firmware upgraded to R9EC001 using the BB Connect version 3.45. However, it is not 100% perfect yet because I have to do:
1. In Conn Manager, have to put "BES Internet" as Priority 1 & put my phone service GPRS setting to Priority 2.
2. If I want to browse the web, I have to manually switch my service GPRS setting to Priority 1
3. Sometimes the BB connection is lost for several minutes, but still managable.

I am waiting for the version of BB Connect later than v. 3.45. I wish it will accomodate the fix for the above problems. Can anyone help?

I have the same problem. Can you explain how to set GPRS to Priority 1?

Also, is there a way to rename the Blackerry Inboxes? I set up 3 different emails through the T Mobile Blackerry webpage and I could rename on the webpage. In BB Connect, if I go to the Service books tab it shows the mailbox names I'd like to use. But on the main screen and Messaging screen it shows the full email address. My email addresses are really long so I want to rename the mailbox to read a shorter name.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #170
dietbloodbath

Default Master Reset solved everything!!

I did a master reset reinstalled BB Connect. Everything works great now!!!

Email accounts shows up as named on the Tmobile server. No more long email addresses on the Today screen.

I can use GPRS as well as BB Connect. At first I needed to 'pause' BB Connect to use GPRS but now it just works without manually pausing BB Connect.

This phone is awesome!

Using latest firmware R9EC001
BB Connect ver. 3.45 from SE website
Old 03-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #171
tk1217

Model: 7100t
Default SE M600i on Cingular

I am willing to buy this stylish looking phone can someone please tell me its performance on cingular network....does it drop alot of calls?...any static?....etc etc

Thx
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #172
daanite

Default M600i and Fido Questions

Hi all,

I am in Canada and am currently using Fido as the carrier. I have just installed BIS onto my phone and it seems to be getting email to my phone without any problems. However, whenever I use blackberry internet, the timer for Fido in internet accounts starts running and I can see it being connected (counter is running). My question is, will I get charged by Fido as if I am connected via their internet plan (5 cents / kb) or does fido automatically know that it is under the blackberry plan?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
Old 03-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #173
p5werx

Model: 7100
Default Question about m600i and Rogers?

Hey...I realise that this might be a little different than all the talk about BIS and BB software updates, but I am really interested in purchasing the SE M600i, but I have been informed that because I live in Canada, there are a few issues I should look out for.

1)There is no Tech support for this phone- so you are on your own. I guess this means SE tech support in the EU and not North America?

2)Supposedly it is not compatible or at least unreliable with Rogers Network- is this true? Are there users here who live in Canada/Toronto specifically who can give me some feedback on their experiences with the M600i and if they had trouble setting the phone up?

3)How easy is it to do the software updates/changes in order to make the phone work properly: email etc.?

4)Would any of you suggest I not purchase the phone because of other issues, not stated in my post- technical, glitches/crashes..?

5)Is Rogers, helpful if you purchase phones that they do not sell? Or is it " you are on your own?" again?

From the first time i saw this phone i thought it looked great and had what i was looking for, but I wanted to see if i could get some feedback from actual users (preferably, Canadian due to Rogers etc., Network issues, but others are naturally welcome to comment).

Thanks all for your help!

p5
Old 03-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #174
technoberry

Model: 8700c

Sorry of this has already been covered (it takes a *long* time to read all of the posts). How well will the GRPS of the M600i compare for e-mails/internet with the 8700c (which I have now) which is using BES for e-mail and EDGE? The main problem I have the with 8700c and BB in general is attachment handling (just not good) and I hear that the M600i does this well (viewers only). How the the E61 compare with the 8700c as regards the above criteria? Also, I believe the E61 handles BES but does the m600i?

Thank you in advance!!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #175
azolkipl

Carrier: Maxis
Default New M600i firmware out, BBC 3.45 doesn't work.

I just upgraded my M600i to the new firmware;

Phone Version CXC162037 R9F011
Bluetooth Version CXC162058 R3A01
Organizer Version CXC162071 R6A16
CDA Version CDA 1620011/2 R6A13

So, after that, I reinstalled the BBC software, v3.45. And just like every other upgrade before this, the BBC software didn't work again. As soon as APN was connected, it disconnects. My assumption is that the software is again, not compatible with the new phone firmware.

Question: Will there be a new BBC for M600 coming out? When will that be?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 PM   #176
SLGS

Model: M600
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

I had the same problem but found on a thread on My-Symbian.com that v 3.5 has been released. Have a look here:

Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, RSS Sharing, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Share Files

I have upgraded to the most recent M600i firmware and this version seems to work ok.

The thread is:

My-Symbian.com Forum :: View topic - Blackberry Connect on new FW????
Old 04-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #177
colonel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: w950i
Carrier: vodafone

SLGS you are a star ....

to be fair, I remember when I had a nokia e61 (I have the w950i now), and nokia also only released bb connect updates about a month after new firmware upgrades ....
Old 05-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #178
billmob

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Hi where to flash/update firmware of M600I,

Hello,hope wellI live in canada and have an Sony ericsson m600i,
It stopped working and will not boot and says memory full, i need to flash the phone to new software,, please let me know where I can get the phone flashed/updated, .i am in toronto, even if it is somewhere else in canada , thank you bill
when turned on the phone says memory full and i need to flash it i think
Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #179
tankee531
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: xxxx
Carrier: Singtel

@billmob

you can flash the phone using the program called SE Update Service. It can be downloaded from SE website.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #180
Zmorglub

Model: 7100v
Carrier: SFR
Question Pb with sending

Hi,

I am a BES user and since the very beginning (3.37), it always seemed that my messages would stay in my outbox with a little red cross. I am now using 3.50 but the problem remains.

Note that if I am using BIS at the same time, sending messages out of an external account works fine. Creating a meeting in the M600i calendar propagates nicely to my Outlook so obviously not stricto sensu a communication problem.

Any idea anyone ?

Cheers