BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Amberite

Model: 8100c
Default Newest email / SMS messages do not display. Help!

Please Login to Remove!

So I dropped my 8100 about 1.5 weeks ago, after which it actually got better reception and call quality (I made a post about this). However, I've noticed that since this happened, whenever I receive a new email or a SMS message, I will receive a notification and it will show up in under the "Messages" heading in the start window (I'm using BB Dimension Today Plus). I can open the message if I select it in the start window and clicking on it, but if I click on "Messages" to go into the Messages window, it won't display there. It won't display until I send or receive a new message, at which point it will finally show up but the NEW message then wont display.

This sounds kind of trivial, but its SO annoying. Has anyone encountered this bug? I've tried doing a search on the forums but I don't even know what to search for with this. Any suggestions / advice?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I remember your post! I haven't heard of that problem, however. I don't use that theme so there could be a setting I'm missing. Have you checked the date on the device? If that's not it you might have to wipe the phone with JL_CMDER and reinstall the OS.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
Amberite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
I remember your post! I haven't heard of that problem, however. I don't use that theme so there could be a setting I'm missing. Have you checked the date on the device? If that's not it you might have to wipe the phone with JL_CMDER and reinstall the OS.
I did as you suggested and went to the date / time settings, and it was completely corrupted (it actually read a really weird date), so I updated it using the BB network, and then tried out sending / receiving some messages and now its fine again . I would have never guessed to go into there. I kept checking the Messaging options, but that didn't do anything. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
stlouie65
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 24B568BF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Curious, since you dropped your pearl, did you change the theme? This sounds like an issue I had. I was using the Vodaphone theme for awhile, then I changed to O2 Today and I'd get the notifications but none of the messages, even after taking out the battery.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Amberite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouie65
Curious, since you dropped your pearl, did you change the theme? This sounds like an issue I had. I was using the Vodaphone theme for awhile, then I changed to O2 Today and I'd get the notifications but none of the messages, even after taking out the battery.
Nope, I haven't changed anything, actually. When I dropped my phone and picked it up, the only problem I saw was where it normally says "Cingular" it now said "Sim Card Error" or something like that, and I couldn't make a call. I took out the Sim card and put it back in and everything was seemingly fine. However, I guess the fall / reinserting the Sim card screwed up the date/time settings, and that in turn screwed up how messages were displaying.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberite
I did as you suggested and went to the date / time settings, and it was completely corrupted (it actually read a really weird date), so I updated it using the BB network, and then tried out sending / receiving some messages and now its fine again . I would have never guessed to go into there. I kept checking the Messaging options, but that didn't do anything. Thanks!
I've had this problem before, too (not from dropping it though.) Glad you got it fixed!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #7
jason_silvestry

Carrier: tmobile
Default Same problem

I have had the same problem, even though i dont recall it specifically starting after a drop (which happens weekly). however in checking my time and date settings they were just fine, i still utilized the update feature, but to no avail.

ANY HELP OUT THERE?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #8
Dinkoh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

I have this EXACT PROBLEM, but I posted, but nobody responded! I guess a catchy title has everything to do with it.

I took my battery out. That seemed to help. My date/time was totally fine during the problem. Not sure what happened.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
Chinoxxl

Model: 8100
PIN: 23EC7251
Carrier: Tmobile

Happened to me too...Whats going on?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
jason_silvestry

Carrier: tmobile
Default title is everything

also keeping a thread active by responces so it remains near top is a plus, lets hope someone finds a fix.

basically the most recent post wont show, unitil a new one bumps it down, sort off. but then the new one is lost.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Dinkoh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

Anyone have a permanent solution? I'm sure other people are having this problem. It's quite annoying for users.
Closed Thread