Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
longhornalex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular
Default Yahoo Mail and Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

My Yahoo mail account is not real time on my Blackberry. When an email is sent to my Yahoo account it doesn't show up on my Blackberry for a few hours sometimes. And sometimes it is in a matter of seconds. Any suggestions?

By the way I am running with the pearl and have cingular in Dallas.

Last edited by longhornalex; 12-28-2006 at 10:24 AM..
Old 12-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
longhornalex

Default umb

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornalex
My Yahoo mail account is not real time on my Blackberry. When an email is sent to my Yahoo account it doesn't show up on my Blackberry for a few hours sometimes. And sometimes it is in a matter of seconds. Any suggestions?

By the way I am running with the pearl and have cingular in Dallas.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
cmpugh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

I have read previously that the paid Yahoo is the only one that is truly instantaneous; however, I have the free yahoo and it works for me 99% of the time.

I never have problems with gmail... would you consider a switch?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
onth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG
Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem as well. Sometimes I receive email from yahoo instantly, but most of the time, I receive it at 6.30am sharp. It is like an alarm clock that woke me up when I dont want to.

For 7 years i have owned a cell phone. I never even turn off my phone for more than 5 mins and now I have to turn the sound off every night before I go to bed.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I am running both Yahoo Mail Plus (pop) and Gmail.

My experience has been terrific with Yahoo. It's true push speed, as it arrives on my BB before my computer. I have not had a single problem. However I cannot comment on free Yahoo mail.

Gmail (which I tended to prefer before using it on a BB) is another story. Sometimes it's quite fast, but most of the time it's simply Erratic. I have several other friends with BB's and Gmail who have experienced the same problems and in most cases have switched back to Yahoo, as it's quite reliable.

Cheers............
Old 12-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #6
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by onth
For 7 years i have owned a cell phone. I never even turn off my phone for more than 5 mins and now I have to turn the sound off every night before I go to bed.
Why don't you set your profile to 'Quiet' or 'phone only'?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
archer6

Quote:
Both T-Mobile and Cingular have advised me that it's a good idea to turn off our cell phones once a week or so. It's been awhile and I cannot remember the exact reason, other than it has to do with disconnecting from the system and then getting a "stronger" current connection upon turning the phone back on.

Since I have followed this advice I have never had a dropped call... simply amazing.

Cheers............
Old 12-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

Set the BB to turn itself off and on while you sleep. You will not have to worry about it after that.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
ve3sy

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

The Yahoo Mail apears to be similar to IMAP. Mail read on your handheld shows read on your inbox - mail deleted on handheld you have a choice to delete on server (which it does) and the best thing - sent mail from your handheld ends up in your Yahoo webmail sent mail folder.

VERY VERY Slick implimentation and almost like BES

Paul
Old 12-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
archer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3sy
The Yahoo Mail apears to be similar to IMAP. Mail read on your handheld shows read on your inbox - mail deleted on handheld you have a choice to delete on server (which it does) and the best thing - sent mail from your handheld ends up in your Yahoo webmail sent mail folder.

Paul
Precisely! You gotta love it!

The BlackBerry is one of the best tech devices I've ever owned. Does everything as advertised... simply amazing. I cannot imagine working with anything else at this point.

Since day one, the BlackBerry has changed the way I work and given me some additional freedom. That plus the ability to stay in closer contact with my clients and friends (who I'm rapidly recruiting to the BlackBerry camp).

Cheers.....
Old 12-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
DLB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
I have the same problem as well. Sometimes I receive email from yahoo instantly, but most of the time, I receive it at 6.30am sharp. It is like an alarm clock that woke me up when I dont want to.

Same problem here. Some messages are almost instant while others will take up to 8 hrs to arrive on the BB. Deleted messages on BB are not deleted from inbox and sent messages from BB do not appear in sent folder on yahoo.....????
Old 12-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3sy

Paul
Not even close to BES. Lacks wireless sync and folders moves which are two key features.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #13
joginder

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

same here.. i dont get my yahoo mails instantly as i used to get. now it is only once or twice a day only. i am ok with that spam. -
Old 12-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
onth

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan
Why don't you set your profile to 'Quiet' or 'phone only'?
Yeap, that's what I meant, sorry for the the confusion.
I set my profile to quiet every night.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #15
onth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB
Same problem here. Some messages are almost instant while others will take up to 8 hrs to arrive on the BB. Deleted messages on BB are not deleted from inbox and sent messages from BB do not appear in sent folder on yahoo.....????

One thing I noticed that is pretty interesting.

If I dont get an email push from Yahoo that day, I will get it instantly if I logon to my yahoo mail a/c from my pc.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #16
archer6

Quote:
One thing I noticed that is pretty interesting.

If I dont get an email push from Yahoo that day, I will get it instantly if I logon to my yahoo mail a/c from my pc.
This is indeed a strange scenario. I might suggest you log onto your BIS, delete your email account and then set it up again.

This is very effective and may very well solve your problem. In fact you may have to repeat this process twice for it to "take" as I have used this solution myself and once it solves your problem you will be glad you took the time to do it.

Cheers......
Old 01-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
bobenhaus

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a free yahoo email account and my email is instant whenever I get an email. The push with yahoo works exactly the way the push works with gmail. both work great for me except sometimes there are delays.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #18
longhornalex

Default Still not working

Yahoo is still slugish and it is getting pretty frusterating. I have resent service books several times and have tried setting up the account again. It just doesn;t seem to be coming through.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #19
geekman686
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

I am having the same problem with Yahoo and I am using Yahoo Mail Plus. In the last couple of days I have been RECEIVING yahoo mail very sporadicly. Sometimes the messages are 20 minutes late, some others are 42 minutes late and so on. There is no pattern to my BB receiving the messages.

But I have no problems sending emails through Yahoo. They even show up on my yahoo sent email folder almost instantaneously...

PLEASE READ BEFORE REPLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. I have already deleted my yahoo account from the BIS website and then added it back. I did this several times already with no improvement.
2. I have already re-sent my service books.

PS. My gmail account is working great both sending and receiving.

It is a shame that we can't contact either Yahoo or RIM and ask for their help.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:45 AM   #20
MooseBerry

Model: 9930
PIN: Up :)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cingular doesn't have the direct intergration with yahoo! that all the other companies have. They also don't have Yahoo! IM. Very annoying, but that might be part of the problem.