Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
pvravi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default Pearl - Horizontal case?

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know of a horizontal case (not a vertical case that can be worn horizontally) that fits the Pearl well? I read that someone is using a T-Mobile SDA horizontal holster. How's the fit?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700

Take a look at this:

TWO-TONED HORIZONTAL LEATHER CASE FOR 8100 - CSL3BB8100-H

Please try a Search
Old 12-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
pvravi

Thanks! That works.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
ejmccartin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvravi
Does anyone know of a horizontal case (not a vertical case that can be worn horizontally) that fits the Pearl well? I read that someone is using a T-Mobile SDA horizontal holster. How's the fit?
not to steal seidio's thunder - they have a beautiful case, but t-mo's sda case fits perfectly and costs less. the sda case doesn't fit too well if you're using a skin or hard case, seidio's looks like it would accept the rubberized case better.

actually I have the sda case - barely used, if your interested in it for just whatever it costs to ship it ups, pin me.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

I just received up the Seido Case. The phone is loose in it - but it helps to have some space to get your fingers in when you are pulling it out.

This was my first purchase from them. The case shipped a day after ordering but after a few weeks it still had not shown up. I e-mailed with an inquiry about the case status and I got a one line e-mail back saying call the local US post office. This didn't help much since it was being shipped to Canada. I guess the rep couldn't take the extra 2 seconds it would have taken to figure that out. I e-mailed back stating I was in Canada and asking what my options were. I never got a reply.

Doubt I will buy anything from them again.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
bryanpittman

PIN: HEAD

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvravi
I have the SDA case from T-Mobile. It works great. The magnetic flap puts the Pearl to sleep.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
jwidenerga

Model: 8100c
Carrier: the NEW at&t

Won't the RIM Leather Case work?

BlackBerry 8100 Lambskin Leather Swivel Holster, Pitch Black

Price: US$24.99

Product description:

Need a BlackBerry® holster that's fashionable enough for the boardroom and comfortable enough for long trips in the car or plane? The BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster offers the best of both worlds. With its convenient swivel clip, you can adjust it for maximum comfort whether you're standing or sitting.
It also features proximity-sensing technology: it has the smarts to recognize when your device is in place, so it can shut off the screen to maximize battery power.

Features:
Swivel Clip: opens wide and securely clasps onto a belt rotates in all directions for maximum comfort
Proximity-sensing technology: conserves battery power by automatically shutting off the screen and can activate a different notification setting based on your preferences

Compatible with these models:
BlackBerry 8100
Old 12-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
nycxandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwidenerga

BlackBerry 8100 Lambskin Leather Swivel Holster, Pitch Black

Price: US$24.99

Product description:

Need a BlackBerry® holster that's fashionable enough for the boardroom and comfortable enough for long trips in the car or plane? The BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster offers the best of both worlds. With its convenient swivel clip, you can adjust it for maximum comfort whether you're standing or sitting.
It also features proximity-sensing technology: it has the smarts to recognize when your device is in place, so it can shut off the screen to maximize battery power.

Features:
Swivel Clip: opens wide and securely clasps onto a belt rotates in all directions for maximum comfort
Proximity-sensing technology: conserves battery power by automatically shutting off the screen and can activate a different notification setting based on your preferences

Compatible with these models:
BlackBerry 8100
Not really since the OEM leather holster is a vertical one.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
ejmccartin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwidenerga
Features:
and the OP said no swivel.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #10
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Repeat of an earlier post - the T-Mobile SDA horizontal case is perfect. Magnet/holster mode works beautifully and it is a well built case.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #11
pvravi

Thanks, folks. I'll run into a T-Mo store to check out the SDA first. ejmccartin, many thanks for your offer.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
western_rider's_dad

Carrier: T-mobile

Also, check out the Fortte cases.
Leather pda cases for your BlackBerry 8100 Pearl Open Face Leather PDA Case, BlackBerry 8100 Pearl Flip Style Leather PDA Case, BlackBerry 8100 Pearl Glove Fit Leather PDA Case, BlackBerry 8100 Pearl Lateral Pouch Leather PDA Case, BlackBerry 8100 Pe

There are some nice horizontal case options, plus I believe you like the looks of any of the vertical styles you can request that they put the clip in a "horizontal" position for you. I've ordered the lateral pouch and its waiting for me as soon as I get back from a road trip. As an added bonus, there's a 25% coupon available. Take a look at the accessories forum for more info.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/hard...m-members.html

Good luck with your decision.
Closed Thread