BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
ek5686

Model: 8703e
Carrier: verizon
Default Stop Messages from going to BB

Please Login to Remove!

i tried searching for this, but had no luck.

is there a way to set our phones so that when we're synched to our computer, we can stop receiving emails and such so that that i don't have to go back and delete them again on the BB?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
allenranger2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
Carrier: AT&T

For BES, i believe there is that option in either Redirector or Intellisync. I don't have it open in front of me, but there is a place for a checkbox where you will receive mail only in Outlook, for instance, and not the bb.

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 11-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
tbdiscovery

Carrier: Sprint

Mine is set to not send e-mails when the handheld is attached to the USB port. In Desktop manager 4.2, go to Email Settings/ General/ and then check Disable message redirection while your device is connected.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #4
voda_black

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenranger2
For BES, i believe there is that option in either Redirector or Intellisync. I don't have it open in front of me, but there is a place for a checkbox where you will receive mail only in Outlook, for instance, and not the bb.
If you have BES, go to Email, Options, Email Settings and change "Send email to handheld" to NO.

BIS you cannot stop emails from coming to the BlackBerry. Other than possibly making a filter to not send any emails to BlackBerry
Old 11-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
untjoker

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by voda_black
If you have BES, go to Email, Options, Email Settings and change "Send email to handheld" to NO.

BIS you cannot stop emails from coming to the BlackBerry. Other than possibly making a filter to not send any emails to BlackBerry
I have BIS and have a question. My work email never comes to my blackberry when I'm logged into outlook, however the minute I shut down outlook it starts going to my BB. However, I just added a work email through Yahoo Business, which is POP3 based, and it ALL comes to my blackberry no matter if I have outlook open or not, why is this? Considering my work email is the same type of pop3 based email as well?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
untjoker

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by untjoker
I have BIS and have a question. My work email never comes to my blackberry when I'm logged into outlook, however the minute I shut down outlook it starts going to my BB. However, I just added a work email through Yahoo Business, which is POP3 based, and it ALL comes to my blackberry no matter if I have outlook open or not, why is this? Considering my work email is the same type of pop3 based email as well?
OK well I really have a weird problem. With my general work email, it automatically knows when I get an email and I'm logged into Outlook, and doesnt' send it to my handheld. But when I added a new pop3 account on Outlook, that one it sends to both my handheld and Outlook box no matter if I'm logged into Outlook or not. What is the difference between one pop3 account and the other? They're both on BIS so why does one know I'm logged in outlook and doesn't send to my BB and the other doesn't matter? Weird? Any help appreciated.....I wonder if when you first setup an email and you get those "don't delete or move these emails they'll be processed by the blackberry server" that has something to do with it?

Last edited by untjoker; 11-27-2006 at 06:11 PM..
Old 11-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
ek5686

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdiscovery
Mine is set to not send e-mails when the handheld is attached to the USB port. In Desktop manager 4.2, go to Email Settings/ General/ and then check Disable message redirection while your device is connected.
so does this only work when the desktop manager is open, or does it work regardless if the desktop manager is open or not?

i had the "redirection" disabled, but i still received messages to my BB.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #8
mcb01
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek5686
so does this only work when the desktop manager is open, or does it work regardless if the desktop manager is open or not?

i had the "redirection" disabled, but i still received messages to my BB.
Does anyone know the answer to this? I'm experiencing the same problem. The option to disable while in the cradle is checked, but messages still go through to the BB.

Does the Desktop Manager software have to be loaded and running for it to work, even though this option is set in BES?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

IIRC it does have to be running.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #10
mcb01
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
IIRC it does have to be running.
That's what I'm thinking, because BES probably has no other way of knowing when the device is or isn't connected to the computer.
Closed Thread