BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #21
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

My battery life has also diminished, not a whole lot.. but it'll only last for about 24 hours (moderate usage). I still have the "4 second delay" when I receive a call, although when I place the call there is no delay. Although I was ecstatic that the corrected the flaw in how the "Mute button keylock" works. Now, if I use that as my keylock, it doesn't return me to the 2x "Keyboard Lock" prompt. (Unlock prompt, followed by * & Green button prompt)
Old 10-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #22
IpodLover77
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

count me in for the battery drain. Heavy Usage= Quick Death
Old 10-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #23
mrpg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320

Yea, I have noticed the battery drain also, that sucks. Today moderate/average use I notice my battery is lower that it usually is at about miday.

Interesting, someone mentioned possibly the O2 update overclocking the cpu on the phone??? Weird because I don't notice things moving any faster honestly but I deff noticed the battery thing today... all in all still pretty decent performance.

Also noticed incoming call delays :( haven't timed it but its pretty noticable.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:21 AM   #24
pinchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

I am considering to downgrade to rogers firmware. To me, incoming call delay and battery drain are two BIG big issues.

The two big bugs in rogers ( status light stays on after a call and sleep mode don't doesn't work) don't bother me that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpg
Yea, I have noticed the battery drain also, that sucks. Today moderate/average use I notice my battery is lower that it usually is at about miday.

Interesting, someone mentioned possibly the O2 update overclocking the cpu on the phone??? Weird because I don't notice things moving any faster honestly but I deff noticed the battery thing today... all in all still pretty decent performance.

Also noticed incoming call delays :( haven't timed it but its pretty noticable.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #25
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchao
I am considering to downgrade to rogers firmware. To me, incoming call delay and battery drain are two BIG big issues.

The two big bugs in rogers ( status light stays on after a call and sleep mode don't doesn't work) don't bother me that much...
I'll probably be doing the same. The call delay is annoying.

Please try a Search
Old 10-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #26
stac

Model: 8110
Carrier: at&t
Thumbs up No Call delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
I'll probably be doing the same. The call delay is annoying.
There is NO call delay on my O2 upgraded Pearl. I just verified this by calling myself on the phone. As far as battery life is concerned, I do some reasonably heavy text messaging, have 10 email accounts pointed at my Pearl through BIS, and am always fidgeting with my phone one way or the other... and I get through a day with about 50% battery life remaining from 6AM through 7-8PM. Yes, the O2 software seems a bit quicker to me... and it definitely addressed the green light issue, etc... IMHO, the O2 software is the most bug-free released to date. The next time I upgrade will be when Cingular releases their Pearl and adds PTT to the handset. Can't wait to play with that.

YMMV,
Stac

'This one goes to eleven...'
Old 10-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #27
melodic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

how many more people are getting these issues? battery life and call delay is also a big deal to me. my blackberry hasn't come in the mail yet but i will be upgrading it as soon as it comes.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #28
pinchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

The call delay issue doesn't show up all the time. The day after I upgraded to the O2 release and I did some tests and it was fine, no delay. But today when I got a call, the other person couldn't hear what I said in the beginning, for about 3 to 4 seconds. (Both of us were using pearl). I am not sure if this has something to do with the signal strength.

Don't get me wrong as I do like this O2 release a lot since it definitely feels a lot quicker. I may be able to live with shortened battery life but if this call delay issue keeps coming up, I will have no choice but to downgrade to Rogers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac
There is NO call delay on my O2 upgraded Pearl. I just verified this by calling myself on the phone. As far as battery life is concerned, I do some reasonably heavy text messaging, have 10 email accounts pointed at my Pearl through BIS, and am always fidgeting with my phone one way or the other... and I get through a day with about 50% battery life remaining from 6AM through 7-8PM. Yes, the O2 software seems a bit quicker to me... and it definitely addressed the green light issue, etc... IMHO, the O2 software is the most bug-free released to date. The next time I upgrade will be when Cingular releases their Pearl and adds PTT to the handset. Can't wait to play with that.

YMMV,
Stac
Old 10-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #29
GMK

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

One issue that has still not been fixed in the Rogers or O2 update is that if you zoom in on an image while in the BB Browser, the trackball will start going haywire. You have to completely exit the Browser to restore trackball functionality in the Browser. Menus and other apps do not seem to be affected after using the zoom function in the Browser.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #30
untjoker

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchao
The call delay issue doesn't show up all the time. The day after I upgraded to the O2 release and I did some tests and it was fine, no delay. But today when I got a call, the other person couldn't hear what I said in the beginning, for about 3 to 4 seconds. (Both of us were using pearl). I am not sure if this has something to do with the signal strength.

Don't get me wrong as I do like this O2 release a lot since it definitely feels a lot quicker. I may be able to live with shortened battery life but if this call delay issue keeps coming up, I will have no choice but to downgrade to Rogers.
you might not have thought about this, but if the other person was using a Pearl and they are on the old Tmobile software, then the call delay was on their end, not yours.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #31
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

How do you zoom in on a picture while using the browser? I looked at the options and saw nothing about zooming in even while in select mode. Are you talking about saving an image and then zooming in on it?
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #32
pinchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks. The other person is also using the O2 release as well. Not sure why this happens only occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untjoker
you might not have thought about this, but if the other person was using a Pearl and they are on the old Tmobile software, then the call delay was on their end, not yours.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #33
GMK

Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
How do you zoom in on a picture while using the browser? I looked at the options and saw nothing about zooming in even while in select mode. Are you talking about saving an image and then zooming in on it?
No. While in the browser select an image (get link), when the image shows up without the web page, a number of zoom options are available in the menu. Choose "Zoom" and a slider appears on the image - zoom in or out. Having done that, when you go back to the web page your trackball will be at 1000 sensitivity. At least mine does this.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:14 PM   #34
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Nope mine stays how it should after doing what you just said.. Maybe try pulling the battery out and seeing if it still dos that..
As far as battery life i think its about the same "maybe" and thats a big maybe it uses a little more juice. I know MMS and sending pics is a lot faster the phone is more responcive and no java errors period. My web page loading is faster and everything feels like it should on my BB... I still think this is the best OS to date.
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #35
mrpg

Yea strange, today the call delay issue came and went as it pleased, seemd pretty random... but deff noticeable when it occurs. I guess I can deal as its just at the start of the call. Same with the battery issue, its a minor drop in performance but still noticeable so I can deal.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #36
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac

YMMV,
Stac
If you put a cingular sim in it, modify the platform.alx you can play with PTT now. Works fine on the O2 release. With the previous rogers release it was too buggy to use at all.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:46 AM   #37
machiavell1

Carrier: O2-UK

I have upgraded to the O2 OS (not the .64, the other one) and have found it to be excellent.

The only bug appears that I am experiencing is that when I use the standby button (which is far better than a keylock imo), sometimes I cannot answer when someone calls. It was happening alot until I took the battery out and rebooted, and now isn't. Only problem is that I don't know whether this was a real blip or a real problem. We shall see.

Anyone else getting this? And if not, what O2 OS version are you using?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #38
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1
I have upgraded to the O2 OS (not the .64, the other one) and have found it to be excellent.

The only bug appears that I am experiencing is that when I use the standby button (which is far better than a keylock imo), sometimes I cannot answer when someone calls. It was happening alot until I took the battery out and rebooted, and now isn't. Only problem is that I don't know whether this was a real blip or a real problem. We shall see.

Anyone else getting this? And if not, what O2 OS version are you using?

Thanks
So Kambiz were people jealous of your 8100 since you had it almost a month before they did? :p

BTW, what is the standby button? I only know how to keylock.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #39
machiavell1

Carrier: O2-UK

They were indeed...... Thanks again for all the help! Now I have two though as my carrier gave me one free when I upgraded my tariff! Still using the Tmob one.

Standby button is press and hold mute for 1/2 sec. It's great because it acts as a keylock but you only have to touch the mute key again to unlock it (no key combination). Very convenient indeed.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #40
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1
They were indeed...... Thanks again for all the help! Now I have two though as my carrier gave me one free when I upgraded my tariff! Still using the Tmob one.

Standby button is press and hold mute for 1/2 sec. It's great because it acts as a keylock but you only have to touch the mute key again to unlock it (no key combination). Very convenient indeed.
Excellent! Always good to have a backup. O2 provides your service right? Did your GF get the 3G 8707 yet?

Anyway, I like that standby feature! The unlock is much easier! Have you noticed improved battery performance with that?