BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #81
Mario1235
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Just got in the seido case for the pearl. Its a nice case and i picked like the cheapest shipping and got it in like 4 days. First view of it was nice just what i wanted. Covers up the tmobile logo too haha... Anyway my question to seido is if i cut the middle part out will the case become flemzy(sp) on the sides and hang off? not that it really bothers me that much, im just asking pretty much out of curiousity and for others. Also for the speaker ports for those that drilled holes in there back why not drill holes in the case, its rubber or whatever so the holes should be fairly easy to make...over all i give it an 8...also by the blackberry logo it could be alil tighter there it kinda arches up...i also soo this being hard to get out of my pocket when im riding my motorcycle but oh well its almost winter anyway!
Old 10-21-2006, 06:00 PM   #82
stac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidio
The main reason for that piece (beside protecting the buttons) is to shield the jog wheel from gettting accidentally moved while in a pocket or case of any kind. With the current RIM firmware, touching that wheel while a phone is ringing will stop the ringing. That was our way of trying to prevent that from happening.
The 02 firmware fixes that 'feature' David... I've spent a couple of days now with my skin, and I think the trip is in danger of being removed from mine... not sure that those buttons need any more protection than the keyboard...

My 2 cents...

Stac

'This one goes to eleven...'
Old 10-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #83
TheGixxerKid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario1235
Just got in the seido case for the pearl. Its a nice case and i picked like the cheapest shipping and got it in like 4 days. First view of it was nice just what i wanted. Covers up the tmobile logo too haha... Anyway my question to seido is if i cut the middle part out will the case become flemzy(sp) on the sides and hang off? not that it really bothers me that much, im just asking pretty much out of curiousity and for others. Also for the speaker ports for those that drilled holes in there back why not drill holes in the case, its rubber or whatever so the holes should be fairly easy to make...over all i give it an 8...also by the blackberry logo it could be alil tighter there it kinda arches up...i also soo this being hard to get out of my pocket when im riding my motorcycle but oh well its almost winter anyway!
I just got my seidio jet black skin as well and I also agree that it needs some sort of hole for the speaker. The phone is quiet enough before covering up the speaker with a thick peice of rubber. As far as the grip factor of the case, I find it more comforting while I am riding. Now I don't worry about it slipping out of my pockets while I'm riding. Just my $.02
Old 10-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #84
scotsman4236
Thumbs Must Hurt

case looks and sounds fantastic but when you try and buy from the website and ship to an international location - no such luck!! whats the point selling only to a US market? UK buyers have Blackberry devices also!!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #85
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Interesting...maybe shipping is too expensive for seidio.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #86
scotsman4236
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think most international customers would be willing to pay the shipping costs though - it wouldn't cost more than $6 USD to ship something so lightweight airmail to the UK and Europe and maybe $10 or $11 for international priority mail. Definitely worth it when there are NO cases available in the UK and the moment and when they do arrive they will cost much more than $20 USD.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #87
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

^^That's true. Open up to more customers/business.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #88
bflint

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cellular One
Default Ordered the skin and screen protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidio
What you can do is wait until just before the end of the month and see what the bundle price is then, or, buy the skin now and we'll match the bundle price by discounting the holster if it is less. Keep in mind that the skin price is going up, so I can't say for sure what will work out better for you.
First post on this board and so far the info here is great.

seidio will you honor this for anyone who orders now?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #89
HoOnZ

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I noticed that the skin attracted dust easily. Did anyone of you experience this too? I just washed the skin to get rid of the lint and dust so I'll have to check and see.

- JOhn
Old 10-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #90
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac
The 02 firmware fixes that 'feature' David... I've spent a couple of days now with my skin, and I think the trip is in danger of being removed from mine... not sure that those buttons need any more protection than the keyboard...

My 2 cents...

Stac
Good deal! We just had no way of knowing when the fix was going to be made and just tried to protect what we could. The 8100 skin follows the same design as our other skins: we try to provide as much cosmetic protection without compromising functionality as we can.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:21 AM   #91
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflint
First post on this board and so far the info here is great.

seidio will you honor this for anyone who orders now?
Through the end of October, yes we will.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:24 AM   #92
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
All I have to say is "I cant wait to get mine". Im useing a wrist strap cuz im paranoid of it falling from my hands and landing in a hundred pieces. LONG LIVE SEIDIO.
Cheers to you too :>
Old 10-23-2006, 02:29 AM   #93
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman4236
case looks and sounds fantastic but when you try and buy from the website and ship to an international location - no such luck!! whats the point selling only to a US market? UK buyers have Blackberry devices also!!
Hi scotsman,

We do indeed ship internationally. You have to log on as an international user and remember to put your city/county on the first line and leave the next line blank. If you are still having problems, email me below and I'll be happy to send you detailed instructions.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:41 AM   #94
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Really hoping mine gets shipped out tomorrow before noon so I can receive it Tues/Wed latest.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #95
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile

I just got mine this morning, put it on right away to add another level of protection. It is a nice looking case, in black it is pretty unassuming. The button covers are fine, I have tested multiple ways and they do not impede the ability to use the buttons underneath. The trackball upward motion seems a bit limiting but like any thing new (like using the trackball for the first time when moving from the 7100) once I get use to it I don't imagine I will even notice it. Keyboard is completely usable and unobstructed. I wish it had a built in hard plastic screen protector. The arched part of the case right above the BlackBerry is a little loose (can slide a dime in the space) but otherwise a perfect fit. It is also a lint magnet, within seconds of removing it from the plastic bag it arrived in it had dust collecting on it, no big deal but if anyone cares about this I thought I would mention it as well.

Overall it is a good case and would give it 8/10.

7100sib
Old 10-24-2006, 12:08 PM   #96
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Seidio will release the matching holster for BB 8100 skin today or tomorrow. We will also offer the skin/holster combo.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #97
Element

Carrier: Rogers

I want to purchase this. How can I choose the method of shipping to Canada?

Last edited by Element; 10-24-2006 at 01:16 PM..
Old 10-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #98
Activator

Carrier: Cingular

After a few days now, my Seidio skin looks charcoal GREY, not BLACK anymore... it seems to pull dust right out of the AIR!!

The WORST part is that there is NO way to remove the dust other than taking the whole skin off, washing it and letting it AIR dry (if you dry it with anything, it gets lint on it again!!)

VERY disappointed with this aspect of the case. (And others seem to be feeling the same way, judging by the posts.)

It DOES fit well and protect the phone. But the dust thing is really bad. It even FEELS "dusty"...
Old 10-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #99
Element

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activator
After a few days now, my Seidio skin looks charcoal GREY, not BLACK anymore... it seems to pull dust right out of the AIR!!

The WORST part is that there is NO way to remove the dust other than taking the whole skin off, washing it and letting it AIR dry (if you dry it with anything, it gets lint on it again!!)

VERY disappointed with this aspect of the case. (And others seem to be feeling the same way, judging by the posts.)

It DOES fit well and protect the phone. But the dust thing is really bad. It even FEELS "dusty"...
Hmmm I wonder if I should go with just a normal leather case then.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:45 PM   #100
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
I want to purchase this. How can I choose the method of shipping to Canada?
Hi Element,

What you (and all other international folks as well) have to do is:

When placing an order outside of the US, there are 2 important things to be aware of to receive shipping information for your area:

1. Make sure you register as an International customer
2. Put the state/province in the city line after the city name, and leave the state/province line blank.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let me know.
Closed Thread