BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 10-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
Arkay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Treo 750v with BlackBerry Connect

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone on this forum with experience with the new Treo 750v, especially on the Cingular network?

Mine is enroute and should be here tomorrow and on Engadget, someone got a 750v working with BBConnect on Cingular already?

I've got the software downloaded but if anyone here has any tips they can offer it's much appreciated.

Otherwise I'm also proud to take one for the team and try it and see what happens.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:39 AM   #2
cvt123

Model: 8700g
Carrier: o2

Hi
I got a treo on the weekend and took a few days to install the bb connect. my experiences are limited as I am pretty busy at work and dont have the confidence to switch over yet. But here are my impressions:

1. we have notes 6.5 at work and easysync 4.2.2 does not sync with the treo 750v (part of the reason i dont have the switch)
2. making the connection was straightforward and it works
3. i could sync my inbox with no real problems. It sees sub folders but I could not retrieve it
4. You can only sort emails by 'received' not by sent, so the order was a bit mixed up as the first sync receives all the emails at the same time
5. It seems to have difficulty to reconciling mail if you read it on one device and not the other
6. It does not allow for deleting off the computer from the handheld
7. didnt play enough with the calendar to get a feel for how good it is

this is it so far. i definitely am not finding it as 'smooth' as the blackberry itself. i am going to try and get it to work properly over the weekend, but so far not overly impressed (bubble burst?).

Also, i do not like how the fact that the web browser does not share the same internet connection. Which means that if you are browsing, I dont think your mail is being reconciled, which i find frustrating (typical MS). i cant find a way to ensure the same connection is shared.

treo plus bb vs bb 8700 - jury is still out, i am afraid.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
cvt123

btw, i think there may be a case of the RTM. will share more when i get to play with it more...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
sting0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: dash
Carrier: tmobile

Where did you get the software from? Thinking about picking one up....
Old 10-20-2006, 12:59 AM   #5
cvt123

it is available on the palm germany site (or ch)

the handbook is
euro.palm.com/europe/de/support/handbooks/Blackberryconnect_Handbook_de.pdf[/url]

the software is
palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palm.com/emea/BBCVoda.zip[/url]

both are in english

since i havent done enough posts put the h t t p : / / in front of each of the links
Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #6
dhendriksen
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have been thinking about getting one of these. Where have you guys been buying them from?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #7
Arkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt123
it is available on the palm germany site (or ch)

the handbook is
euro.palm.com/europe/de/support/handbooks/Blackberryconnect_Handbook_de.pdf[/url]

the software is
palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palm.com/emea/BBCVoda.zip[/url]

both are in english

since i havent done enough posts put the h t t p : / / in front of each of the links
Thanks for the link to the software.

Is it possible to use the BB Connect for the 750v with BIS instead of Enterprise Activation? It seems to only install the software by choosing Exchange or Domino implementations.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
Arkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen
I have been thinking about getting one of these. Where have you guys been buying them from?
Found mine on eBay...
Old 10-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #9
Blackberry treo

Model: 8700
Carrier: singtel

Quote:
Hi

This can be done.

I pick this out from the manual pg31. Go to today screen> Select Blackbery account>Select Services tab>Select Blackberry [CMIME]>Select Syncronisation tab>Select the delete on box and chose Mailbox and Handheld>then press ok.

YOu are all set.

Personally, i find the this treo blackberry better than the others on the Nokia and also the Treo 650. It looks neater and let you know whether the email is attention to you or cc just like blackberry. For the others whether the mail is attention or cc to you is not displayed so have to check the address field.

Looks like quite a clean implementation. Oh ya it also allow you to decide how many days worth of mail to keep, i guess to keep the memory usage more effiecient. At default it is set to 3. This can be found in the Blackberry Inbox>Menu>Delivery Preference.

You can also delete junk mail using the scroll bar without tapping on the screen. All you need to do is hold down the centre button. A list of menu pops out>select delete and you are done. pretty convinient IMHO as they have preset the delete to be the first one. Yet to figure out how to do multiple select without taking out stylus though

Last edited by Blackberry treo; 10-20-2006 at 11:01 AM..
Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
sting0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: dash
Carrier: tmobile

Where are you guys getting your 750v's from? I haven't been able to find it for under $750, ouch too pricey right now. Would love to pick one up for less than $500
Old 10-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #11
kmccarthy

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

they are at least $699 on ebay! just for wm5 (more problems) and no antennae. Ill pass thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #12
dhendriksen

Has anyone figured out if this works with BIS?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
Arkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen
Has anyone figured out if this works with BIS?
Not me! And I can't even get it to check POP3 e-mail correctly as I can't get the correct data connection to Cingular - the auto setup on my SIM is for a proxy server on ATT network as my SIM is an old AT&T Wireless one from the old days.

I've tried both wap.cingular and isp.cingular and neither seems to connect.

If anyone can help with the correct GPRS settings to get my 750v to even retrieve e-mail correct it would be much appreciated!
Old 10-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #14
dhendriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay
Not me! And I can't even get it to check POP3 e-mail correctly as I can't get the correct data connection to Cingular - the auto setup on my SIM is for a proxy server on ATT network as my SIM is an old AT&T Wireless one from the old days.

If anyone can help with the correct GPRS settings to get my 750v to even retrieve e-mail correct it would be much appreciated!
wap.cingular.com should work.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #15
dtmfjunkie

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Got 750v working with BBConnect on Rogers with a BIS account.

One question I have is, everytime I need to surf the net, the device has to disconnect from Blackberry APN and connect to internet.com. Is this the only way?
Old 11-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #16
yunone

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay

if you have a blue sim, wap or isp.cingular wont work. you would need to adjust the media net profile that accesses the web to proxy and just ditch the username and password as the proxy apn doesnt use a UN and PW

i have been using my blue sim in the 750 for about a month on the cingular network using the proxy apn. works fine

just remember

orange sims use= wap and isp.cingular apns.
blue sim uses= proxy apn
Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #17
yunone

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Hi
I got a treo on the weekend and took a few days to install the bb connect. my experiences are limited as I am pretty busy at work and dont have the confidence to switch over yet. But here are my impressions:

1. we have notes 6.5 at work and easysync 4.2.2 does not sync with the treo 750v (part of the reason i dont have the switch)
2. making the connection was straightforward and it works
3. i could sync my inbox with no real problems. It sees sub folders but I could not retrieve it
4. You can only sort emails by 'received' not by sent, so the order was a bit mixed up as the first sync receives all the emails at the same time
5. It seems to have difficulty to reconciling mail if you read it on one device and not the other
7. didnt play enough with the calendar to get a feel for how good it is

this is it so far. i definitely am not finding it as 'smooth' as the blackberry itself. i am going to try and get it to work properly over the weekend, but so far not overly impressed (bubble burst?).

Also, i do not like how the fact that the web browser does not share the same internet connection. Which means that if you are browsing, I dont think your mail is being reconciled, which i find frustrating (typical MS). i cant find a way to ensure the same connection is shared.

treo plus bb vs bb 8700 - jury is still out, i am afraid.

i keep getting bblink.dll not found and i used default locations. did you get this same issue and need to rework something?

thanks
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #18
dtmfjunkie

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunone
i keep getting bblink.dll not found and i used default locations. did you get this same issue and need to rework something?

thanks
You need to install ActiveSync on the computer that you're going to run the Blackberry Desktop Software.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:34 AM   #19
jvloyola

Model: 8800
Carrier: Telcel, Mexico

just got mu 750 working with m company BES using Telcel carrier in Mexico, but I can only "see" my unread messages in the treo, how can I "see" the read mesages??