Old 03-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #121
NutritionN
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8220
Carrier: TMobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratag
So I went ahead and bought the product. It is as everyone said a great piece of SW. I found a small bug with the backlight always being 100% instead of the system setting and Mark is sending me a fix in the next day or so.

Would anyone else be interested in seeing a memory free icon/field added to the Software or is that just me?

Also it would be nice if the escape key on the 7100t didnt kill the SW but merely hid it.

Lastly perhaps a shortcut to the Browser/411 software.

Again great SW
You could assign a hotkey to the browser or 411 app. On my 7100t, I just assign an app to the first letter listed on a key, and it works just fine. For example, if I want the browser assigned to the A/S/? key, I choose A since it's listed first on the key.

FWIW, that's been working for me on the latest version up to 5 apps...
Old 03-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #122
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

bratag,

In the general options there's a setting called Hide on ESC key. THis will cause PD NOT to exit, but just be hidden when you ESC out. To exit you use the Menu/Exit option.

Also, assign a hotkey to any app you want. See the Kep Settings.

Mark
Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #123
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

So Mark, Why does the BB browser and my Cingular web browser not show up in the list of apps to assign a hotkey to? All the rest seem to be there. Just curious.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:36 PM   #124
crs

ahovis,

My oversight. I have to hardcode certain apps because they are stored in a non-standard way. I can only add a single browser link and it will launch whatever your default is. It will be in the next version.

Mark
Old 03-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #125
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
bratag,

In the general options there's a setting called Hide on ESC key. THis will cause PD NOT to exit, but just be hidden when you ESC out. To exit you use the Menu/Exit option.

Also, assign a hotkey to any app you want. See the Kep Settings.

Mark
Perhaps I have an old version (OTA install) but I do not have the setting you mention. I have checked under both settings and util settings
Old 03-14-2005, 06:58 PM   #126
David

Default Unread E-Mail and Recurring Calendar Items

Thanks for creating this program. I have been running it for about a week along side BB Today. I like the PD interface and the ability to customize the location of the various components. I also like the hot keys to allow me to get to other programs that I use without need to escape back to the Home screen. Generally, PD seems cleaner.

I have noticed that PD reports unopened messages when all messages have been opened This seems to only happen when I have opened the message on my computer and it is then shown as opened on the BB after the BB and computer reconcile. If I go back and open messages on the BB that I have previously opened on the computer (even though the BB icon shows them as having been opened) PD then reports them as opened. Not a big deal, but appears to be a bug. BB Today reports them correctly.

Also, recurring appointments and "all day" events are reported on the preceeding and following days as well as on the correct days. I don't have the same problem with BB Today.

I will probably buy the program even with these "bugs" because I think it is important to encourage and pay for future development and I think this program has a lot of potential.
Thanks,
David
Old 03-14-2005, 07:20 PM   #127
msingewald
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I have a hunch this is going to be a limitation of the developer tools in the BBerry, but here goes anyway: In week view, all day appointments that span multiple days only show up on the start day, not each of the days they occur.

Along the same lines, if you open a multi day appointment, it only shows the current date, not the true start and end date.

These two problems are making me use the native calendar ap more and more because I cannot trust what I am seeing in PocketDay.

I also cannot exit PocketDay, I think. I select "exit" after pressing the thumbwheel and I am taken to the ribbon bar. However, after pulling the BB from the holster, the PocketDay screen comes up. Version 1.61.

Any chance these are issues that can be corrected?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #128
crs

bratag,

Check the version in the About screen.

Mark
Old 03-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #129
crs

David,

The recurring appointments is my bug and I'll fix that right away. I'll also deal with the email issue as well.

The reason that the other program (BB today) works is because that programs actually re-reads all the mail stuff and polls which is the most inefficient way to do things with your device. That's why it sucks your battery down. PD is tapped directly into the blackberry event system and only does work when the BB tells me I need to.

Mark
Old 03-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #130
crs

msingewald,

The exit issue is because you havePD setup to be your standby screen. This means that regardless of whether you exit or not, every x minutes PD will restart. You can change this behavior in the Utils settings. I'll look into the other calendar issue.

Mark
Old 03-14-2005, 08:55 PM   #131
msingewald
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks Mark, I missed that setting. Good luck with the calendar issue, it is a real pain for me. I appreciate all the support and improvements you provide.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #132
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
bratag,

Check the version in the About screen.

Mark
1.54 - new version is 1.61 - I am assuming that this is wrong. Did you update the OTA link?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #133
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

tirsch,
another little thing I noticed today that I don't know if it will only bother me. but I have PD and have it set to come back to the top of the screen after 3 minutes or so. I was on a phone call today lasting longer than 3 minutes and unknowingly the application came back to the top. I was trying to adjust the volume of the call during the call but then noticed it was not changing anything because of the PD app being back on top. Is there a way you can not come to the top if the user is in a call? FYI, I am on a 7100t.
thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 11:38 PM   #134
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

casmer - Simply hit the quick key for phone and it will take you right back to the call
Old 03-14-2005, 11:55 PM   #135
macman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default I have noticed something with PD

When I go to tasks, the screen shows black bars beside each task,whn i scroll over it, only then can I read the task. Any thooughts?

Macman
Old 03-15-2005, 02:43 AM   #136
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratag
casmer - Simply hit the quick key for phone and it will take you right back to the call
I agree this will work, but the only problem with it is that I have to take the phone away from my ear to do it. whereas before I could simply scroll the thumbwheel while talking. But I appreciate the suggestion.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:35 AM   #137
David

Mark,
Thanks for the quick reply. As I look at the recurring appointments today, it appears that they are only showing up a day early and not the day before and the day after. Thanks for the tip on BB Today and the battery. I will unload that program today and see how the battery holds up.
David
Old 03-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #138
crs

macman,

You have the Use Task COlor as Background set and didn't set the colors. GO to settings and unset that flag or change the colors for tasks.

Mark
Old 03-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #139
crs

casmer,

I'll look into the phone call check...

Mark
Old 03-15-2005, 09:57 PM   #140
cmeyer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: alltel

awesome program - quick question though:

Any chance of being able to view task for that day only, not the next days as well?

Also is/will there ever be the ability to change catergories or filters on the task? I have about 10 catergories for all of the different people that I manage task for every day. Right now it shows all of the task at once.

Still an awesome program just for the simple fact that you can easily check off a task and set it not to show completed task.
Closed Thread