BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Wavedigger
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100
Default WTT LIKE NEW T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl Unlocked

Please Login to Remove!

Looking to trade my Like new Unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl for a T-Mobile MDA. The Peal is a great 10/10 with no marks on it what so ever, I may also be willing to sell the phone but would like to trade it even more. If you need pictures please send me an email to [email address]
Old 10-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
JSucher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: AT&T

How much would you sell the phone for?
[email address]
Old 10-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
Wavedigger
No longer Registered.

Default Sale

To tell you the truth I don't really know, it's not something I thought a whole lot about since I was looking more for a trade offer. Hmmm I guess I can say that as for a cash price I'm open to all offer's.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
JSucher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Do you have AIM or google talk?

AIM: Justy117
Google Talk: [email address]
[email address]
Old 10-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
Wavedigger
No longer Registered.

I have AIM but wont be able to get on it tonight, since I'm getting ready to take off for work now. But if you like go ahead and email me your AIM name and maybe I can jump on AIM from my blackberry if im not to busy tonight at work. You can email me at [email address]
Old 10-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
JSucher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Emails sent
[email address]
Old 10-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
JinFocker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

wanna consider a trade for a brand new sidekick 3?....used for 1 week. pm me if interested.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #8
Greg8700G
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedigger
Looking to trade my Like new Unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl for a T-Mobile MDA. The Peal is a great 10/10 with no marks on it what so ever, I may also be willing to sell the phone but would like to trade it even more. If you need pictures please send me an email to [email address]

To be honest with you...you dont want the MDA..I just got rid of mine for the 8700g and I love it. Stick with the BB

WOW....Addicition! I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY 8700G!
Pin: 23D638E7
Old 10-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #9
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg8700G
To be honest with you...you dont want the MDA..I just got rid of mine for the 8700g and I love it. Stick with the BB
I couldn't agree more! Have had my 8700g for just over 2 weeks and LOVE it...sold my MDA and I'll never look back. If you want reliability, go BB!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #10
Wavedigger
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg8700G

Mind if I ask what's wrong with the MDA? Just about everything I hear about it sounds like a good all around phone.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
JSucher
Thumbs Must Hurt

The 8700's are so much better, and they have everything the MDA has and more!
[email address]
Old 10-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #12
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

I like BB's too, and will never stop using them.

But this guy has a right to prefer the MDA. Its a personal preference. The MDA is a solid phone, so is the SDA, both from T-Mobile. Peronally I hate Windows Mobile OS, but some people prefer it.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #13
pinhead

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

There is NOTHING wrong with the MDA! It is an excellent device all around. You can expect people on a message board about Blackberries to have a preference against competing products but let us stay realistic.

The 8700g (and all other BB's before it) have set the standard for mobile email. There is no doubt about it. The MDA has matched that now, but only if you are using a hosted Exchange service (mine costs $6-7 per month). Emails arrive as quickly as on the BB I had earlier this year (often under 10 seconds), battery life easily beats newer BB's (CNET shows 11hours of talk time and I definitely can believe it), and it can do so much more right out of the box than ANY Blackberry. However, the MDA is Windows Mobile, and is foreign to most BB users. Don't let their lack of familiarity with different things skew your opinion too much.

The 8700's don't have everything the MDA has. No touchscreen, no expandable memory, half the battery life, no Wifi, No IR (some people still use this, right?), and no music or movie playback. It can't take a photo or video. It won't let me edit a brief in Word to email back to the office while away from my desk. I can't review a Powerpoint presentation on the way to a meeting (not completely sure on this one). If you don't have an expensive BES you only get email synchronized...no calendar, no contacts, no tasks.

My point is that there are REAL benefits to the MDA that the 8700g simply cannot compete with.

However, the 8700 looks better and once you have one along with the BB plan of choice, you immediately have Push email ability on your device. No hosted exchange needed for that. It works internationally and from what I hear there is no extra charge for using BB email internationally instead of just here in the US. Am I right?

For simple work email with a few extras the Blackberry is the perfect choice. Especially if you have no BES server and don't mind plugging into your computer to sync. For heavy work email, working with documents, accessing the net, and much more the MDA has it beat, expecially if you go for inexpensive hosted Exchange. It is flawless and I just cannot get over the battery life.

Either way you can't lose. They are just different ways of doing similar things.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:43 AM   #14
Greg8700G
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700G

the only thing that i hated about the MDA is the fact that you have to use the stylus everytime you want to do something unless you want to be cleaning your screen all the time and sometimes it takes forver for some things to come through and your messages to be sent and when u r waiting for the screen to come back to the regular way from the side mode it takes for ever and the phone freezes and it just blows sometimes..

WOW....Addicition! I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY 8700G!
Pin: 23D638E7
Old 10-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #15
ceebz

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F2E165

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead
The 8700's don't have everything the MDA has. No touchscreen, no expandable memory, half the battery life, no Wifi, No IR (some people still use this, right?),
You're kidding, right?

First off, the MDA's battery life is horrible. That "heartbeat" MS likes to peddle as push email, it drains the battery like crazy. Touchscreen? Those of us who prefer one-handed operation can do without. Have you used Wifi on a WM5 device? It's no faster than EDGE. Plus, keeping it connected was always a hassle.

You also forgot to mention the horrid incoming sound quality, the retarded keyboard backlight that won't stay on for more than 5 seconds, even when typing and the complete joke of a software package that is Activesync.

Honestly, if you want a toy that has a bunch of novelty features go ahead and pick up an MDA. I'd rather stick with a tool that keeps me productive.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #16
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

The Buy Sell Trade forum is not the place for discussion on why your should buy a particular. Take those discussions to the other forums.

**** Thread closed ****

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread