BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 05:30 AM   #1
topspeedtop
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100
Question How to setup Myfaves with Pearl???

Please Login to Remove!

i got the myfaves plan and i have the pearl. anyone know how to set it up on the blackberry?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #2
LSDAnonymous
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Once myfaves is enabled your pearl should show the icons automatically, you get a text from customer care too I think. There seems to be a bug right now though with the pearl where anyone in your faves will show their number instead of their name when they text you. Problem is there with both software versions.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
topspeedtop
No longer Registered.

ya i got it sorry
Old 10-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
morrow95
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile

I called in this morning to get the myfavs since the website wouldn't allow me to upgrade my plan (something about that area was under maintenance). Anyways, after the girl did some research she came back and set me up with myfavs bb minutes and mail with the 1000. Everything was fine till I got a voicemail a few minutes later from her on my phone saying it would not be active in the system till this friday due to it being a new service and they had some things to tweak yet.

Are you saying you called and they set you up and its running now? The only thing I could think of is we will need to download new software to get the icons and that functionality on the phone which is why it wont be active till friday.

Anyone?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #5
froggy55

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow95
I called in this morning to get the myfavs since the website wouldn't allow me to upgrade my plan (something about that area was under maintenance). Anyways, after the girl did some research she came back and set me up with myfavs bb minutes and mail with the 1000. Everything was fine till I got a voicemail a few minutes later from her on my phone saying it would not be active in the system till this friday due to it being a new service and they had some things to tweak yet.

Are you saying you called and they set you up and its running now? The only thing I could think of is we will need to download new software to get the icons and that functionality on the phone which is why it wont be active till friday.

Anyone?
the phone comes with the software already installed. when you change the plan you recive a text the bring the icons up. if it still hasn't shown up first try launching t-zones for the phone to register with the network again or turn wireless off for 5 min then back on. if it still does not show up its the network or the customer care rep post dated the start date of you plan, call back in and if they say it is post dated ask them to back date it to the begining of your previous bill cycle.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #6
LSDAnonymous

Most of the customer care reps I talked to today were unwilling to back date the plan due to T-Mobile not offering the plan before Oct 2nd. Not sure if they will, but that is what I experienced.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
morrow95

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDAnonymous
Most of the customer care reps I talked to today were unwilling to back date the plan due to T-Mobile not offering the plan before Oct 2nd. Not sure if they will, but that is what I experienced.
She did mention this while I was on the phone with her, however, by the end of the call she said it went into the system fine for backdating. It was a few minutes later I received the voicemail from her saying sometime by Friday it would be available on my phone so I guess that is the problem I experienced.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
BluePolaski

Anyone have screenshots of what this looks like on their 8100? I could do without all the extra icons and stuff. Just let me call those 5 people as much as I want. No need for extra pictures and other crap to take up more memory.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
LSDAnonymous

I don't have a screen shot, but for the 8100 I am not the biggest fan of the design. The five icons are in a circle you can rotate with left and right and they have your friends name and then a buddy icon/picture for that person. I think that looks cool, and would be nice to have on there.

On the 8100 though if you have the myfaves shown when you unlock your phone mine always seems to go straight to my buddy icons. I like it better when myfaves is hidden and when you unlock your phone it goes on the icon you last used. If it started on what ever icon I used last I would display myfaves.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #10
BluePolaski

Quote:
I don't have a screen shot, but for the 8100 I am not the biggest fan of the design. The five icons are in a circle you can rotate with left and right and they have your friends name and then a buddy icon/picture for that person. I think that looks cool, and would be nice to have on there.

On the 8100 though if you have the myfaves shown when you unlock your phone mine always seems to go straight to my buddy icons. I like it better when myfaves is hidden and when you unlock your phone it goes on the icon you last used. If it started on what ever icon I used last I would display myfaves.
So is there one icon you can have in the menu and when you select that icon it takes you to the design you described above?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #11
LSDAnonymous

When you hit the menu key there is a hide myfaves or unhide myfaves option. With myfaves hidden the icons do not display on your main display, and to my knowledge anywhere else. You still get unlimited calls to the five people, you just don't have the icon to select them.

With it displayed it shows up in the background. I have also only tried it on the default zen theme. Have no clue it would look like on some of the other themes. Maybe Ill take some photos of each after school if no one else has posted them.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #12
BluePolaski

Quote:
When you hit the menu key there is a hide myfaves or unhide myfaves option. With myfaves hidden the icons do not display on your main display, and to my knowledge anywhere else. You still get unlimited calls to the five people, you just don't have the icon to select them.

With it displayed it shows up in the background. I have also only tried it on the default zen theme. Have no clue it would look like on some of the other themes. Maybe Ill take some photos of each after school if no one else has posted them.
Yeah if you have time that would be great. I have to see if I even call 5 certain people that much. If you can hide all that stuff (that sounds rather useless) and still call those 5 people unlimitedly, I might do it. Just sounds like alot of extra "hoopla" just for being able to call 5 certain people more than others.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #13
abruzzi

Model: Perl

On my 8100 I use the dimension today theme and the five balls don't show up unless I actually launch the myFaves application. I don't launch it unless I want to make a change to settings.

Geof
Old 10-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #14
LSDAnonymous

Screw it I wont be lazy and Ill do it before class

Tmobile Zen myfaves...

All the other themes have a myfaves menu to select like the prievious poster said.

What it looks like before you select it...

Once you select it, you then are taken into the myfaves selection screen.

What it looks like once inside myfaves...

Everyone I know has T-Mobile so I have not put anyone in there yet, but normally you could put an icon or picture in the little circles.

EDIT: btw these pictures have a little more detail. Forgot I saw these the other night. First Look: ScreenShots From TMobile "My Faves" - RIM Blackberry Forums - Pinstack.com

Last edited by LSDAnonymous; 10-03-2006 at 04:11 PM..
Old 10-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #15
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

What is the cost of the MyFaves plan? I can't find a price anywhere on the T-Mobile site. Is it free?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
topspeedtop
No longer Registered.

its basically $10.00 more. there is not a stand alone add on. you have to update your plan with a myfav plan
Old 12-24-2006, 02:58 AM   #17
b3n_asian_freak

Model: 9700
PIN: It changes so often....

Is there a way to set up my faves without getting the my faves plan? I would like to have my faves just for quick contacts or something like that...
Old 12-25-2006, 11:26 PM   #18
b3n_asian_freak

Model: 9700
PIN: It changes so often....

Is there a way? Just checking back....
Closed Thread