BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #141
nickbee
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

BTW, another way to turn off the green light is to hit the xxx8220;turn wireless offxxx8221; icon then xxx8220;turn wireless onxxx8221;xxx8230; I like the status light so I hope this gets fixed on the Tmob release.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #142
KeithJ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

Question I skimmed through the thread and did not see an answer,

There was an issue with having an MP3 as a text message, it will not stop playing if you open the text, or press any button, it will play the entire song. Has this been fixed?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #143
getthething
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithJ
Question I skimmed through the thread and did not see an answer,

There was an issue with having an MP3 as a text message, it will not stop playing if you open the text, or press any button, it will play the entire song. Has this been fixed?

Yes it has been fixed
Old 09-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #144
BES admin

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108
no
This isn't true. If you are on BES, you do have to re-activate because your security keys won't match.

If you are on BIS, you don't have to "re-activate" but you may speed things up by re-sending your service books.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 AM   #145
BES admin

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

Quote:
Not being able to place calls was NOT a BUG in the old version.... that's like saying it's a bug if a refridgerator isn't cold. No, it would be a deffective unit. If it were a bug it would be standard occuring across the board with all users when performing the same task. The new version is FAR worse than the old one when comparing bugs. The main bugs in the old one was the ringer silence when rolling the ball, and the delay when answering. This one replaces the ball rolling (which frankly never bothered me) ringer issue, with the light staying on constant when you decline a call, and the 3-4 second delay now has been replaced with not being able to see bb messenger messages in the Messages Screen in the zen theme... lame lame lame.

I stand by my previous comment that I don't believe this upgrade was ever meant to touch the public.
Bella dear, I think you are confused a little... The bug wasn't that you couldn't place a call, it was that a call coming in would not activate the ringer if the track ball was accidentally rolled when the call came in.

Also if a call came in and a user hit the "answer" key, there was a lag before the connection was made.

Apparently BOTH of these issues were resolved with the update in question, although a few more bugs were introduced.

I don't recall reading anywhere in this thread that calls were unsuccessful in relation to an upgrade or with the original version.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #146
GMK

Carrier: TMO
Default Rogers 4.2- -.51 - Browser Bug

Downloaded the .51 software last night. Twice today I lost Horizontal scroll in the BB Browser app. Pull the battery, back to normal for awhile, then no Horizontal motion. This appears to happen only in the Browser, other apps seem OK.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:15 AM   #147
pjmurphy

How to go back to the TMO version? I am in the same boat.. thanks!!

Quote:
For the annoying light bug to becomd evident you have to turn the signal indicator light ON and when a call comes in if you decline it the green light comes on and stays on...lame

I just downgraded to the TMO version.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #148
odnerd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

I get java errors when using the media player now. Doing anything.. Anyway to just reload this?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #149
MorningZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmurphy
How to go back to the TMO version?
On the very last post of page 1, NJBlackBerry posted a link to T-mobile's blackberry software download page, you can get the current T-Mobile version there
Old 09-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #150
pjmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ
On the very last post of page 1, NJBlackBerry posted a link to T-mobile's blackberry software download page, you can get the current T-Mobile version there
right, thanks. BUT, I did download this, ran the .exe - it them says to start the DesktopManager.. nothing happens once I do though? How do I get the desktop manager to force the TMO version onto my 8100? (sorry, first BB!)

thanks
Old 09-29-2006, 11:49 AM   #151
dademz1

How big is this file?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #152
bella92108
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES admin
Bella dear, I think you are confused a little... The bug wasn't that you couldn't place a call, it was that a call coming in would not activate the ringer if the track ball was accidentally rolled when the call came in.

Also if a call came in and a user hit the "answer" key, there was a lag before the connection was made.

Apparently BOTH of these issues were resolved with the update in question, although a few more bugs were introduced.

I don't recall reading anywhere in this thread that calls were unsuccessful in relation to an upgrade or with the original version.
Put it this way, the no longer being able to use the service indicator light is a big issue. I have upgraded "successfully" and there is still a 3-4 second lag when I speak answering the phone. ****** update.... hence why T-MO QC's it before releasing it. Why does Rogers even post it when they don't even have the device?

*edited for language*

Last edited by paulbblc; 09-29-2006 at 12:53 PM..
Old 09-29-2006, 12:46 PM   #153
bella92108
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmurphy
right, thanks. BUT, I did download this, ran the .exe - it them says to start the DesktopManager.. nothing happens once I do though? How do I get the desktop manager to force the TMO version onto my 8100? (sorry, first BB!)

thanks
I went back to the TMO version. to do so, go into control panel, add\remove programs and remove both Blackberry 8100 listings (don't remove the desktop manager)... then install that TMO version and then open the app loader, it will pop up showing that if you continue it'll be a downgrade... just accept and it'll work.

And as always, remember to back up.... juuuuust in case!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #154
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I don't use the signal light as it drives me nuts blinking in my room all night. I also only use the auto brightness. Unless there are other major bugs this one is a keeper for now.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #155
MorningZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Put it this way, the no longer being able to use the service indicator light is a big issue
perhaps to you

Quote:
I have upgraded "successfully" and there is still a 3-4 second lag when I speak answering the phone
And more than a few people have posted that it fixed their lag...

Quote:
Why does Rogers even post it when they don't even have the device?
So you don't even think that they have it internally? they just get their boxes from RIM and throw them up for sale?

I mean in the end, this whole topic isn't forcing you to download the update, you've spoken your peace and obviously don't like it.... not sure where all the anger/yelling-at-others/dragging-it-out is all about..
Old 09-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #156
PhoneHand

Model: 9500
Carrier: tmobile

Ok this is what i did.

Downloaded update
Went to delete the vendor xml file
plugged device in and opened desktop manager.
then clicked to intstall the software it asked for me to shut down desktop manager and i did.
installed new update on computer.
opened desktop manager plugged phone in and nothing...

i went back and the vendor.xml file is still thier...

any suggestions?

thanks

EDIT: YOU MUST DELETE THE VENDOR FILE AFTER YOU INSTAL THE UPDATE ON THE COMPUTER... IM GUESSING I HAD IT BACKWARD..

THANKS ;)

Last edited by PhoneHand; 09-29-2006 at 01:28 PM..
Old 09-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #157
dademz1

Does anybody know what is generally the default font for TMO, I am trying to figure this out, that is my only problem
Old 09-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #158
PhoneHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneHand
Ok this is what i did.

Downloaded update
Went to delete the vendor xml file
plugged device in and opened desktop manager.
then clicked to intstall the software it asked for me to shut down desktop manager and i did.
installed new update on computer.
opened desktop manager plugged phone in and nothing...

i went back and the vendor.xml file is still thier...

any suggestions?

thanks

EDIT: YOU MUST DELETE THE VENDOR FILE AFTER YOU INSTAL THE UPDATE ON THE COMPUTER... IM GUESSING I HAD IT BACKWARD..

THANKS ;)
Dont follow these directions it did not work...

any help is appreciated
Old 09-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #159
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

download update
install update onto the pc (at the end of install it will ask you if you'd like to open desktop software, click no)
delete vendor.xml file
plug BB into usb
open desktop software
it will prompt you that you have an update
install the update to your bb

should be set.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #160
PhoneHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc
download update
install update onto the pc (at the end of install it will ask you if you'd like to open desktop software, click no)
delete vendor.xml file
plug BB into usb
open desktop software
it will prompt you that you have an update
install the update to your bb

should be set.
i do this and when the update software deal comes up i select update and my desktop manager freezes.....

ill unistall and try again i guess
Closed Thread