Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
robbym
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: Virgin
Default The Big Plunge ... Goodbye T3?

Please Login to Remove!

So I'm finally going to do it!? After using a borrowed 7280 occassionally over the past few months and staying up on berry news through bbclubs and bbcool I am completely hooked. I used a 7250 tonight for a couple of hours and was very impressed by it. So much so that I've repacked and am planning to sell my T3, and several hundred dollars worth of accessories at a huge loss tommorrow to buy a 7250. I don't have access to BES and Bell doesn't offer a stack but I don't care. This is now my addiction acting out in a rampage of obsession. I am planning to download pocketday, newsberry, berry411, cryptmagic, chronomagic, eoffice and a few magmic games.

Have I missed anything? Has anyone else done this and regretted it?

Ah @#$% it, here goes nothing................
Old 03-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #2
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Robbym if your interested in eOffice I can help you out there... http://store.bizshopr.com/software.html

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 03-05-2005, 01:48 AM   #3
da_law
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Bell

Man, i felt exactly the same way. Until you actually start using that thing, you have no idea how much you will enjoy it. It cost me quite a bit, but I just love my BB 7250!
Old 03-05-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
Mog

I completely replaced my T3 and I will never miss it ever
Old 03-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
jdh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Actually, I just did the exact same thing myself a few days ago... I had a T3 with a Sony Ericsson T68i, and the phone died, so I had been looking to replace the phone, and was seroiusly upgrading my T3 at the same time and going to a Treo 650.

In fact, I have been a Palm OS device user for eight years now, going all the way back to the days of the original Pilot 1000 (and about a dozen other devices in between).

However, as a consultant who frequently spends a great deal of time on the go, the BB has been tempting me for years... but it just seemed too limiting as compared to a PDA.

In looking at it again, however, I had to ask myself a couple of questions... Sure, my T3 can do a lot of really cool and neat things, but how many of those really cool and neat things do I actually use it for on a regular basis, and how many of those really cool and neat things do I actually need to get my work done? (as opposed to the myriad of other "features" that really just spend more time distracting me... When you spend more time managing your calendar than following it, something is wrong.... )

So this past Saturday I went out to a local Rogers depot and grabbed myself a 7290... Now, in a mere four days of using it, I have no regrets and there has been no looking back.

Further, the Blackberry has come a really long way since the mobitex-based days. Just looking at the options, features, and capabilities of the 7290 pretty much made my decision for me. Sure, it can't do as much as a Palm or PocketPC device, but it does what I need it to do, and improves my efficiency in the process by keeping it simple.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:55 AM   #6
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Glad to hear that you're switching to BlackBerry; there are definitely a lot of improved efficiencies with the BlackBerry in many areas now!

Keep an eye on my constantly-updated BlackBerry FAQ in my signature below, including the "Why BlackBerry?" section.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Closed Thread