greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Wife
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

You don't need a case Greg. By the time the case for your Pearl arrives you'll already have ported back to Nextel and the 7520.
I might just surprise you on this one, who knows.

I commit to nothing and make no promisses!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #22
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Hey - I bought three today and I hate Suretype. If I like it (and Greg continues to like it) it must be something special

We'll know tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #23
pcm2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash24
I just got back from a tmobile store and it's $249 to upgrade (two years). What do you guys think? it's not that bad right?
My store (and the Web site) also throws in a $50 rebate, bringing it down to $199. The lame part? When you buy it, they charge sales tax on the full price ($350).
Old 09-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #24
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcm2
My store (and the Web site) also throws in a $50 rebate, bringing it down to $199. The lame part? When you buy it, they charge sales tax on the full price ($350).
i'm sure you meant to type "$249" as the "full price". if you were in fact charged tax on $349 you have a substantial complaint against t-mo, but before you get excited i think you should check your receipt.

also, could you provide just one example of an occasion when you were not charged tax calculated from the pre-MIR price?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #25
diegosalinas
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

what do you think of the keypad?

the two stores i went to and played with a live phone...man, the keys were really bad. very soft and i could even pull a big gap between the middle keys.

also, on both, as BG mentioned, there is lag of a few seconds on stuff like going to write an email/sms, checking calendar, and other very routine stuff

i was very disappointed at my first impression
Old 09-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #26
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penk
i'm sure you meant to type "$249" as the "full price". if you were in fact charged tax on $349 you have a substantial complaint against t-mo, but before you get excited i think you should check your receipt.

also, could you provide just one example of an occasion when you were not charged tax calculated from the pre-MIR price?
There are two states where stores charge the full retail price even though that product or item is sold at a lower price.. like a special sale. Those states are Nevada and California. If you are in that state, expect to get your tax computation at a full price.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #27
SAVAGE WAYZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmccartin
The case I found is a T-Mobile brand. Designed for the T-Mobile SDA. SDA pouch. Holds it horizonally, which I'm not sure I'm kicked up about yet. But the magnet works, something I never thought would happen. Very pleased overall.
Is there alot of space in the case? The rep who helped me suggested the T-Mobile Branded Razr case, but it was too tight...Im actually using the SDA case that came with the phone until one comes out
Old 09-13-2006, 01:31 AM   #28
Synncere

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
I might just surprise you on this one, who knows.

I commit to nothing and make no promisses!

I say I'll see you back at HoFo complaing about the 8100 and saying you prefer the reliability of the infamous 7520.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:15 AM   #29
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmccartin
The case I found is a T-Mobile brand. Designed for the T-Mobile SDA. SDA pouch. Holds it horizonally, which I'm not sure I'm kicked up about yet. But the magnet works, something I never thought would happen. Very pleased overall.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...5/ed00fe19.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...6/ed00fe0c.jpg

not bad..

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 09-13-2006, 03:40 AM   #30
rYno
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

that case is pretty gay imo... sorry...
I'll wait for something more modern and slim, not LV or coachy
Old 09-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #31
lasmn

Model: 8800
Default Yeah well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
The device is small but feels good in the hand. So far so good except one thing!

NO CASE OR CLIP COMES WITH THE UNIT! WORST, my TMO store had none!

WTF!
Um... guess what? My RAZR was $1,200 when I got it. It didn't come with a case or clip either. Can you guess why? I doesn't NEED one. It fits in a shirt pocket. Want to protect it? Buy a screen protector and shut the front door!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #32
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasmn
Um... guess what? My RAZR was $1,200 when I got it. It didn't come with a case or clip either. Can you guess why? I doesn't NEED one. It fits in a shirt pocket. Want to protect it? Buy a screen protector and shut the front door!
Sorry bub, few stick their phones in their pocket compared to wearing with a case. That makes you "special"

The shirt I wear, Norman Golf Wear, have no pockets. As far as sticking them in my jean pockets, I do not think so.

Men use a case!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:48 AM   #33
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synncere
I say I'll see you back at HoFo complaing about the 8100 and saying you prefer the reliability of the infamous 7520.
My company has kinda had it with Nextel. We are on the 3rd day of not being able to get our voice mail. Get system error when we try to retrieve. I have got to look else where as Nextel has no answer to my problem.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 AM   #34
penk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasmn
Um... guess what? My RAZR was $1,200 when I got it. It didn't come with a case or clip either. Can you guess why? I doesn't NEED one.
hell, paying that price they should have given you a case!

but maybe you shunned the case to avoid looking like this:

Old 09-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #35
ejmccartin

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rYno
that case is pretty gay imo... sorry...
I'll wait for something more modern and slim, not LV or coachy
had to go with what was available. it's not really my "style" (as if I have one) but I need a holster or the phone is useless to me and this one actually does what a BB holster is made to do.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 AM   #36
blkberryboy

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Personally I'd prefer a case or clip. As of now my biggest concern for the Pearl is how bad the track ball will collect lint and dirt in my pocket. I am sure we can all remember having to clean our mouse ball in the days before owning an opticle mouse. In the coming weeks we will kear all kinds of issues with the Pearl. I know who's posts to trus and the post to disregard. but if anyone develops issues with the track ball please post them.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:09 AM   #37
BBAdmin

Model: .
Carrier: .

Quote:
As of now my biggest concern for the Pearl is how bad the track ball will collect lint and dirt in my pocket.
Someone mentioned this in another thread the last week and I thought the same. Apparently though unlike the traditional mouse ball that had small rollers on the othr side to detect movement, the Pearl works on small magnets, which means build of of crap shouldn't affect anything!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #38
blkberryboy

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
Someone mentioned this in another thread the last week and I thought the same. Apparently though unlike the traditional mouse ball that had small rollers on the othr side to detect movement, the Pearl works on small magnets, which means build of of crap shouldn't affect anything!
Good to know, I must have missed that info being posted. I will def. keep an eye out for the results.

I like the Pearl but I prefer the non-suretype qwerty BB's. However if this Pearls continues to get good reviews, I may consider a switch.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #39
penk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
Apparently though unlike the traditional mouse ball that had small rollers on the othr side to detect movement, the Pearl works on small magnets, which means build of of crap shouldn't affect anything!
except for all of our blue collar machineshop bb users! all those metal shavings will build up quick.

come to think of it, RIM really dropped the (track)ball on those users' needs, if this ringer volume is true. it's noisy in those shops and to rely on the vibrating alert is mandatory.

RIM sure blew this one. worst demographic marketing ever.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #40
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Was the 8100 marketed to blue collar machine shop users? I can't see the Pearl web site really being targeted to that segment...
Closed Thread