BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
portland1947

Model: 8700c
Default Gmail to Blackberry Forwarding

Please Login to Remove!

My Blackberry 8700c has suddenly stopped receiving email messages forwarded from my Gmail account. I've checked the appropriate settings both with my Gmail account and my Blackberry account. Everything seems to be in order. Yet still no forwards. Anyone encountered this problem before?

To fix the problem, I ultimayely had to erase the original forwarding link and establish a new one using precisely the same settings. I still don't know why the Blackberry stopped receiving forwarded emails from gmail, especially since there was no problem sending emails from the device.

Last edited by portland1947; 09-03-2006 at 10:44 PM..
Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
arul
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: maxis

i had the same problem yesterday as well and i had actually set up the unit to manage the gmail account (as opposed to mail forwarding). I tried resending my service books but it didnt help until this morning, when i started receiving emails again.
Perhaps it was a Gmail server issue?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

if a forwarding rule stops working i'd go w/ it bein a server issue over being a BIS issue (espceially since you could send email - you were obviously in network coverage w/ handheld working fine)
Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 AM   #4
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by portland1947
My Blackberry 8700c has suddenly stopped receiving email messages forwarded from my Gmail account. I've checked the appropriate settings both with my Gmail account and my Blackberry account. Everything seems to be in order. Yet still no forwards. Anyone encountered this problem before?

To fix the problem, I ultimayely had to erase the original forwarding link and establish a new one using precisely the same settings. I still don't know why the Blackberry stopped receiving forwarded emails from gmail, especially since there was no problem sending emails from the device.
There is a known issue with GMail POP access and BIS that once you've received 400 messages from GMail, it stops working. Now I ran into it myself, and fixed it, and then for some reason it won't break again. Perhaps it's the upgrade to BIS 2.1 that Cingular did shortly after releasing 2.0.

Here's the article from RIM on the problem:
Article Number: KB-04792
and an KB article from RIM on setting up GMail:
Article Number: KB-03701

And the link to the thread on the Cingular froum that led me to them:
Using Gmail with BIS - new info - RIM BlackBerry - Cingular Customer Forums

Hope that helps.

Closed Thread