Old 07-17-2006, 10:05 PM   #21
pemabuk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottE22
I'm kind of giving up on continuing to call - I'm not sure if that's the right move, but it appears that they know of the issue. The tech I spoke to at RIM this morning told me that it is a known issue and not my device or T-Mobile's service. He agreed to leave my ticket open, but suggested that the best course of action is to sit tight, deal with it, and wait for them to resolve the issue.

What I don't get is how it worked like a champ all weekend long but goes out again first thing on Monday morning. I start back to work next Monday and rely heavily on my 'Berry when out of the building (I'm a school admin). Not being able to count on it for timely email delivery is mildly stressful...

OTOH - I think of how spoiled I have become... "WHAT?!? My e-mails aren't getting to me until 20 minutes after the sender hits 'Send'?? What an outrage!" I guess when you get used to technology there's no going back...

I second all you've said above. I think I am going to stop calling. It really gets old after awhile, and like you said, it seems they are aware of the problem. I just hope that it gets resolved soon.

The tech at rim said he deleted my account, and I had to set it up again over the web. It didn't really do anything to alleviate the problem. He did mention that they were aware of the delays, and did some work on it over the weekend. I mentioned that it didn't seem to make all that much of a difference.

My main problems are during east coast business hours, frankly. In the evenings, and before 8 or 8:30 am, everything is instant. I don't know what is going on, but I don't really have the time to call these guys every day.

RIM is leaving my ticket open for the rest of the week....but I am really loathe to call, hold, and go through the same steps over and over.

I just hope this all works itself out.

On another note, my wife and sister are both TMO users in New York City, and they are having the same problem many of us are talking about here. So it is definitely affecting other users.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #22
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemabuk
RIM is leaving my ticket open for the rest of the week....but I am really loathe to call, hold, and go through the same steps over and over.

I just hope this all works itself out.
Delete service books.
Remove and re-insert battery.
Re-send service books.
Wait 1 hour to receive them.
Lather.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Glad for more confirmation that we're not the only ones with issues! It hasn't been so bad today... It was perfect last night (after East Coast hours) and slowed down again this morning, but I just received a couple emails mere minutes after they were sent.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #23
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

It seems to be great in the morning then around 10am everything begins to back up. I also have the 20 minute wait for emails. RIM must backup during busy hours. Its frustrating though because I can see exactly when my wife sends the email and compare it to when I receive it. Usually its 20 minutes. I hope they resolve the problem soon.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #24
VickyPaz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin cajun
It seems to be great in the morning then around 10am everything begins to back up. I also have the 20 minute wait for emails. RIM must backup during busy hours. Its frustrating though because I can see exactly when my wife sends the email and compare it to when I receive it. Usually its 20 minutes. I hope they resolve the problem soon.
I have 8700g with TM and I notice that my email generally works fine during the day when I'm at work (and have access to my computer email) but then around 3-5pmish for some reason emails get delayed for a good hour or so. Doesn't seem to happen everyday but it has happened.

I called RIM and they have this recording that tells you if there's any reported outages (and it said none yesterday when I called) but something was definately up.

'I am stuck on Blackberry and my Blackberry's stuck on me'
Old 07-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #25
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

I don't know why I continue to post this every day - perhaps for the good of others who are having the same issue...

Here we are on Wednesday having the same issues in Colorado. Agree with VickyPaz that things seem to be worst between 3 and 5pm EDT...

*sigh*
Old 07-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #26
BTLew81
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mob

Just talked to TMo....known issue with RIM...24-48 hours until it is rectified.

Greaaat....and it's my first day with the BB...lol
Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #27
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLew81
Just talked to TMo....known issue with RIM...24-48 hours until it is rectified.

Greaaat....and it's my first day with the BB...lol
Hang in there. I LOVE my BB. This is just a hiccup (albeit a pretty major one) and once it's rectified you will be very pleased.

I sure hope the timeframe they gave you is accurate! As you can tell from the forums, this issue has been ongoing since at least July 6th or 7th.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:12 PM   #28
pemabuk
Thumbs Must Hurt

I too hope this is rectified soon. Today my performance was much better than the past few days and weeks. Still a small delay, but nothing like the 20-40 minute delays that were going on last week! I would say that during business hours (east coast) today my delays were about 4-5 minutes. And maybe 20 out of 40 came within 1 minute.

How was the performance out in CO?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #29
Konicaman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: at&t

The timing of this problem was bad for us. We justed switched from Nextel to Cingular. For two years with Nextel, my email was rock solid and FAST and as soon as we switch, email problems start.

I had to aplogogize to my Cingular rep today for beating Cingular down thinking it was their fault.

It will get fixed in time. I am sure Rim is doing everything in their power to correct this issue. Last thing they need now is bad publicity concerning their strong point over competition.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #30
bbuser2323

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

Well, it's been like this for a few weeks now with no fix, and the hardest part about this is that RIM won't even acknowledge that there is a problem. They just open a ticket and leave you hanging!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #31
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konicaman
It will get fixed in time. I am sure Rim is doing everything in their power to correct this issue. Last thing they need now is bad publicity concerning their strong point over competition.
I know a few news media contacts who are experiencing the same delay problems (both use BES and BIS.... no delays with BES). I'm sure they would just love to write an article in the Wall Street Journal tech section.... talk about bad press!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #32
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemabuk
I too hope this is rectified soon. Today my performance was much better than the past few days and weeks. Still a small delay, but nothing like the 20-40 minute delays that were going on last week! I would say that during business hours (east coast) today my delays were about 4-5 minutes. And maybe 20 out of 40 came within 1 minute.

How was the performance out in CO?
I would say about the same as you. An improvement, but nothing near what I was accustomed to on VZW with BIS 1.8. At this point, I'll take what I can get, though!!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #33
pemabuk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottE22
I would say about the same as you. An improvement, but nothing near what I was accustomed to on VZW with BIS 1.8. At this point, I'll take what I can get, though!!
Cool man. I know this thread is getting old, but it is good to see some progress.

Hopefully we will all be back up to speed soon.

Today's performance wasn't optimal, but like you said, I'll take what I can get!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #34
pemabuk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
I know a few news media contacts who are experiencing the same delay problems (both use BES and BIS.... no delays with BES). I'm sure they would just love to write an article in the Wall Street Journal tech section.... talk about bad press!
Get Mossberg on it!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #35
VickyPaz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMobile

I've personally seen a considerable difference for the better over the last day or so. However, I am hesitant to even write that as it could change. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed )

'I am stuck on Blackberry and my Blackberry's stuck on me'
Old 07-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #36
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyPaz
I've personally seen a considerable difference for the better over the last day or so. However, I am hesitant to even write that as it could change. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed )
I'm right there with ya... Also hesitant to say anything though - don't want to jinx anything...

It's sort of like a baseball team talking about a "perfect game" in the 8th inning...
Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #37
pemabuk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Did anyone else have a problem with email send/receive last night. There was a definite problem in NYC on T-mobile. I was out all night, so never called it in, but was with 3 TMO users and 2 Cingular users. Those of us on TMO were having HUGE 3-5 hour email delays. Cingular was having no problem.

This was between 6 pm to 4 am NY time.

Anyone else see anything similar on TMO? Seems to be resolved by now.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:09 PM   #38
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Didn't notice, but since that was between 4pm and 2am for me on a Friday night, it's unlikely I would have noticed anyway...

There are others complaining of slow issues again today... When does it end??
Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 PM   #39
berry-bum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700G

Chiming in from Atlanta, I experience sporadic delays at all hours of the day and night. For instance, last night at 3:04 am I sent a 32kb attachment to myself. It took over an hour to reach me. Another thing to keep in mind about this problem, the messages I receive aren't always in chronological order. I have had the maddening experience of being on the wrong end of a conversation with a client because the first message came after the last one they sent.

8700G- v4.2.1.101
Old 08-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #40
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

service stalled in CT pulled battery and after BB re registered all worked.
not good.
Closed Thread