Old 07-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: yeah baby !
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Question is it MY 8700c or RIM ?

Please Login to Remove!

ok , so i haven't gotten 5 out of 6 emails all day long ! i called and called and spoke to tech support at 800-304-3044 or whatever the number is and i'm bored on hold for 60+ minutes then nothing gets fixed . anyone else experiencing these problems : no emails in or out all day long or is it my BB 8700c cingular ?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

its not just you... its a RIM problem. since migrating from BIS 1.8 to 2.0 i've had three tickets open in the past 3 weeks. when calling that cingular data support number you referenced you can request that they open a ticket with RIM.... if you're unhappy about delayed delivery or missed messages i highly suggest you do so.. the more people that complain, the more it inclined they will be to resolve the issue.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have been experiencing similar issues with my 8700g on T-Mobile. I have a 7130 with VZW from February until April (they were on 1.8) and never had an issue. I finally got my 8700g with TMo on July 3rd and have had to call twice in two weeks. When it's working, it rocks, but the delays are frustrating to say the least...
Old 07-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
phillyslickster
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: 242a22a7

Wirelessly posted (7105t: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I have an 8700g with T-Mobile and I haven't had any such issues.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:16 AM   #5
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: yeah baby !
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottE22
I have been experiencing similar issues with my 8700g on T-Mobile. I have a 7130 with VZW from February until April (they were on 1.8) and never had an issue. I finally got my 8700g with TMo on July 3rd and have had to call twice in two weeks. When it's working, it rocks, but the delays are frustrating to say the least...

yup , yup ..... thats exactly how i had my problems begin . i was doing excellent with BIS 1.8 then i foolishly upgraded to BIS 2.0 .... now i got emails missing , delays , or never ever showing up ! whats the point of an email specific machine if you get no emails ! i think the 6 times i've called and tickets i've opened up will prove there's an issue with this BIS 2.0 they've seemed to push on .
Old 07-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #6
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin654
yup , yup ..... thats exactly how i had my problems begin . i was doing excellent with BIS 1.8 then i foolishly upgraded to BIS 2.0 .... now i got emails missing , delays , or never ever showing up ! whats the point of an email specific machine if you get no emails ! i think the 6 times i've called and tickets i've opened up will prove there's an issue with this BIS 2.0 they've seemed to push on .

just keep calling is all i can suggest... make sure you are getting tickets opened with RIM. also.... you can send a nice long email to [email address] if you like... i did.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin654
anyone else experiencing these problems : no emails in or out all day long or is it my BB 8700c cingular ?
It is your BB cingular. If you do not receive emails all day long and can not send emails all day long, your blackberry may be out of coverage or experience some other problems.

Everyone else here complains about delays in receiving emails. This is different problem than yours the way you describe it.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

When posting issues about email delivery delays, it's just as important to report WHERE you're having the problem as who your provider is.

I'm in NYC on Cingular, and haven't been seeing any problem.

For example, I had a user call our Help Desk and leave a message that he was having 3-4 hour delays getting emails. I called Cingular corporate support who said it had been a very quiet day for them in the US, although they did see there were major network problems in Europe.

When the user finally got back to me, he had managed to "get the problem resolved", but the problem was major network issues - IN EUROPE! He had wasted four hours on calls to us and Cingular support because he didn't report - or actually the help desk didn't ask and should have - where he was.

Had that been reported on his initial call, he would have gotten that information hours earlier and been told to just wait until it was cleared, AND he would have been notified when it was cleared.

Old 07-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #9
frm1wxk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold

I recently (last week) got the 8700c w/ Cingular in Atlanta. Everything's been pretty good so far. I'm assuming that this move from BIS 1.8 to 2.0 was a non-issue since they're on 2.0 when I signed on?

In any event, so far so good... personal and school e-mail work gets over great (though with more delay than sending to my blackberry.net acct) and the desktop redirector for my office mail works "OK" as well.

Haven't tried traveling out of the area w/ it yet...but in Atlanta, Cingular's coverage is pretty decent (from the old Bellsouth days I guess).
Old 07-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ugh. It's been perfect all weekend. Now here we are on Monday morning and I'm down again... Not getting anything from my @tmo.bb.net account for at least 20 minutes....

It's unfortunate because now when I have no messages, instead of thinking I haven't received any email, I start to wonder if my service is down.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #11
lgreenberg

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

I was having issues this morning also, came back on around 9 AM EST.

Same nonsense that was happening last week.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
phillyslickster

I have T-Mobile and my service has been working fine. I've received tons of emails from work this morning. It could be something local to your area or maybe you just haven't received any emails yet.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
lgreenberg

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

There are issues take my word for it.

Just because some people are receiving messages and others are not does not mean there are no network issues.

Is there a full out, national, global outage? No. Have many people been experiencing service interuptions on and off for the last two weeks? Yes.

Last week when the network was having issues I had two 8700c's sitting next to each other. At one point one was working fine and the other not at all. Then later both weren't working.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
VickyPaz

Carrier: TMobile

FYI - Last week I called TM with a question and they ended up switching me over to RIM. RIM tech sent me an email and didn't receive for well over 20 minutes. In that time I was on hold for another RIM tech who answered my initial question but when I told her that I had only JUST received the test email the other RIM tech sent she said that RIM was experiencing delayed emails and they had received other calls regarding this...so it was their issue. Anyway, it went back up and running but my guess is that these issues will happen from time to time without any fault of our devices.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #15
phillyslickster

Yes, that's understandable but I was speaking about the person who said that he was not receiving mail via his T-Mobile BB device. There's been lots of complaints in the area about the Cingular BB outage that some have switched service to Verizon. I m on T-Mobile and also checked with data support at T-Mobile and there were no issues of an outage being reported. I'm only speaking on the the person that isn't receiving any email to his T-Mobile BB.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
ld-runner

I run BES so, i am not familiar with BIS, but can't you BIS users manually change the SRP address to a working one? If RIM was having sporadic networking issues, manually changing your SRP settings would correct that i think.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #17
pemabuk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520

I was posting about having the same delays on a different thread, I notice some of the same posters here.

I am on T-Mobile, like Scotte22, I was fine all weekend, and getting the same delays again today on my tmo.bb.net.

On hold with Tmo, to try to get back to rim again.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemabuk
I was posting about having the same delays on a different thread, I notice some of the same posters here.

I am on T-Mobile, like Scotte22, I was fine all weekend, and getting the same delays again today on my tmo.bb.net.

On hold with Tmo, to try to get back to rim again.
I'm kind of giving up on continuing to call - I'm not sure if that's the right move, but it appears that they know of the issue. The tech I spoke to at RIM this morning told me that it is a known issue and not my device or T-Mobile's service. He agreed to leave my ticket open, but suggested that the best course of action is to sit tight, deal with it, and wait for them to resolve the issue.

What I don't get is how it worked like a champ all weekend long but goes out again first thing on Monday morning. I start back to work next Monday and rely heavily on my 'Berry when out of the building (I'm a school admin). Not being able to count on it for timely email delivery is mildly stressful...

OTOH - I think of how spoiled I have become... "WHAT?!? My e-mails aren't getting to me until 20 minutes after the sender hits 'Send'?? What an outrage!" I guess when you get used to technology there's no going back...
Old 07-17-2006, 07:53 PM   #19
pertierr

Model: 8700

I've been having a similar problem which I guess may or may not be related.

I just got by 8700c from Cingular a week ago. I set my email server to forward all messages to my blackberry email, this way I don't have to deal with the 15minute polling interval(or polling at all). However the forwarded email messages stay on the original server which I check at the end of the day with my POP3 client.

It's aaaalmost perfect, but there are a few emails that it has failed to receive. There is nothing special about the emails(no attachments, etc). They just never made it to the blackberry.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #20
Texas_Traveler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

My emails are slow today.

Only seems to happen when I am out of town and need to depend on my BB for email!
Closed Thread