Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
k40jeep
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation Os....

Please Login to Remove!

So I have vzw and had the latest software but well being me I wanted the most up to date. So first I tried loading on telus...yea I had it on a white screen with it saying reset in black. Bad things. So next I just installed the alltel software...i now have a constant startup spinning glass....i guess i'll have to be vzw's ***** and use there software unless someone knows another that'll work that is newer then vzws....
Old 07-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

The spinning hourglass is normal after an upgrade. Normally goes away after 15-30 minutes. Did you clear everything from the handheld before trying to update (did you have 505/507 error before installing the OS)? I always have better results when completely erasing everything before hand.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
k40jeep
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have a friend that is a tech for the corporate stores ( i work for a authorized retailer) and I called him even though its his day off. We are good friends, anyways he said I fried the boards and that the 7130e from vzw is prgrammed for the boards to fry if the wrong os is put on it.....ooops. So being the good hookup he is he "replaced" it due to um well I just woke up this morning and it was shit! LOL!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by k40jeep
...the 7130e from vzw is prgrammed for the boards to fry if the wrong os is put on it...
I'm skeptical about that ... it seems unlikely that RIM would build into the device, even at Verizon's request, code that would cause physical damage to the circuit board. Aside from the inclusion of carrier specific themes, the OS releases for each hardware model seem to be pretty generic.

There are also users out there that have successfully loaded non-Verizon releases onto the 7130e:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...42&postcount=2
Old 07-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
k40jeep
Thumbs Must Hurt

huh....so does any of the software work with it? The telus (austrailia) seems to have the newest...idk it just went into lock down mode and i pulled the battery and everything. After the hour glass stopped spinning it when to a all white screen and in small black letters said fatal error......i got my buddy to "help" me but i don't know if i should take THAT chance again...
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #6
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by k40jeep
huh....so does any of the software work with it? The telus (austrailia) seems to have the newest...idk it just went into lock down mode and i pulled the battery and everything. After the hour glass stopped spinning it when to a all white screen and in small black letters said fatal error......i got my buddy to "help" me but i don't know if i should take THAT chance again...
In my experience, any OS build designed for a specific hardware model should work regardless of the carrier. I've played several OS versions on my BlackBerry and seen some odd error messages along the way but nothing that a full wipe and reload of the OS couldn't fix.

If your BlackBerry is still under warranty then I wouldn't worry too much about messing up the software (as long as you can live without it for a day or two while waiting for a replacement device from RIM).
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #7
k40jeep
Thumbs Must Hurt

THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Why would my blackberry do that? It would do nothing after the hour glass stopped spinning but say fatal error......thats IT! It doesn't add up.....seems no one else has had this problem. I loaded TWO different softwares onto it and both did this.....
Closed Thread