Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
mk1151
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Performing Screen Capture?

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know if you can get a screen capture on the 7100t?

I know on the PPC you have a "VNC - like" tool that puts the PPC screen on my laptop and I can "print screen" it - does something like this exist for Blackberry?

Thx!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
Snyder81
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I would like to find a screen capture utility as well for writing user instructions, particularly as version 4.0 moves away from the Desktop Manager software to doing everything on the handheld. Anyone know of one?
Old 02-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #3
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

Your best bet would be to install the 7100 simulator from RIM's site and grab screen captures that way. That's how I do it for our org here.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
mk1151
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrye
Your best bet would be to install the 7100 simulator from RIM's site and grab screen captures that way. That's how I do it for our org here.
Unfortunately I need screen shots of a custom application, unless I can load that into the simulator.... can I?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Yes. Just copy the cod files into the simulator directory with all the other simulator cod files (not sure which one it is, but it might be the /java subdir off the simulator main dir). It will automatically pull your custom app onto the simulator
Old 02-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #6
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Just as bfrye said:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.0\simulator\Java
Old 02-04-2005, 09:52 AM   #7
mk1151
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Just as bfrye said:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.0\simulator\Java
Okay, I typically do not use this, but my JDE username must be "ID-10T".

I am just not getting this.

I copied the cod files into the directory above, and the simulator did not load them. I went into the options -> applications on the sim and they are not listed...

Also, my JDE did not seem to come with the 7100t image, I am getting the 7290. Now, first I will volunteer that I did not RTFM, nor did I search the board, primarily because this is a low priority issue for me, but it seems that jibi and frye seem to know the answers, so I am hoping that one of you will be gracious enough to lend me a quick hand.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Okay, I got the 7100t simulator working, but the custom application still won't load... I don't see any obvious place to add the .cod files to a load script, so any advise is welcomed!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #8
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

There is no "load script" per se. Copy them into the directory with all the other .cod files and it should load up automaticallly. I will test this monday at work again if you are still having problems with it.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #9
mk1151
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrye
There is no "load script" per se. Copy them into the directory with all the other .cod files and it should load up automaticallly. I will test this monday at work again if you are still having problems with it.
I was able to get it working. I had to copy the alx and cod files into the simulator root directory, not the java directory. Application loaded right up, and I got the O2 theme loaded onto the sim using a themes.alx file...

Thanks again to all who helped... I just wish I could populate data into my application on the sim...
Closed Thread