Old 04-19-2006, 09:12 AM   #21
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHummel
Your problem is the tmo.blackberry.net address is also your "main mailbox". All mail goes to the main box including yoru BB address and your PIN address, and now your gmail. I don't think there is really anything you can do except make a yahoo account and forward your work e-mail there and then they will both be completely seperated.
this is what i did:

i reset my work addy back to the default tmo.blackberry.net addy
then i added my gmail seperate
then i added my work seperate via pop3 access

the reason i am doing all this is, because without enabling these addresses, it does not allow me to select which email addy to use when composing an email.

i am hoping that this not affect my email settings on my desktop/laptop computers

now i am under the assumption my main tmo.blackberry.ney addy will get my emails right away and the others will not, because they are not being pushed, but pulled

am i correct in my assumption...if i am, there is a good chance that my email could be pulled off the server and not availble for download when i get to my desktop computer
Old 04-19-2006, 09:54 AM   #22
idealist
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 240F8BEC
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce
the browser is definately there, i had this same problem, all i did was played around with the device and found it.

Most likely it is inside a sub-menu, just hunt for it...if you still cant find it... go to your options/settings and you can see which applications are "hidden" there...

out of the box the browser app was not hidden for me however

Thanks, I had to re-register my HRT's and it showed up. Good looking Bounce!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #23
IanHummel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce
this is what i did:

i reset my work addy back to the default tmo.blackberry.net addy
then i added my gmail seperate
then i added my work seperate via pop3 access

the reason i am doing all this is, because without enabling these addresses, it does not allow me to select which email addy to use when composing an email.

i am hoping that this not affect my email settings on my desktop/laptop computers

now i am under the assumption my main tmo.blackberry.ney addy will get my emails right away and the others will not, because they are not being pushed, but pulled

am i correct in my assumption...if i am, there is a good chance that my email could be pulled off the server and not availble for download when i get to my desktop computer
Your correct for the most part. If you have each account set up in the BIS, then if you get a work e-mail and reply to it, it will have your work e-mail in the "sent from", and the same with your gmail address. This will also allow you to select which e-mail address you use when composing, you are correct. As far as what reconciles and what doesn't, I am set up on an exchange server at work and my work e-mail is set up in BIS accessing Outlook Web Access. So when I delete on BB, it deletes on comp. Yahoo is set up to work with BB so it reconciles in real time as well. If you are POP'ing your servers, the BB will poll each POP account every 15 minutes. As far as it pulling it off the server for good, I don't think it will do that. I think it will just send copies to your BB and leave the originals in your In Box. Can anyone else chime in here? The BB is a really smart device, but configuring it to the exact way you want it can be confusing at times, I should know, I was trying to figure out the best way to set my e-mail accounts up for weeks before I even got it. When I finally did get it, the BB pretty much did it all for me. Send some test e-mail's out using an account that has nothing to do with the Blackberry and see what happens. That's what I did and finally got it all configured correctly.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #24
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHummel
Your correct for the most part. If you have each account set up in the BIS, then if you get a work e-mail and reply to it, it will have your work e-mail in the "sent from", and the same with your gmail address. This will also allow you to select which e-mail address you use when composing, you are correct. As far as what reconciles and what doesn't, I am set up on an exchange server at work and my work e-mail is set up in BIS accessing Outlook Web Access. So when I delete on BB, it deletes on comp. Yahoo is set up to work with BB so it reconciles in real time as well. If you are POP'ing your servers, the BB will poll each POP account every 15 minutes. As far as it pulling it off the server for good, I don't think it will do that. I think it will just send copies to your BB and leave the originals in your In Box. Can anyone else chime in here? The BB is a really smart device, but configuring it to the exact way you want it can be confusing at times, I should know, I was trying to figure out the best way to set my e-mail accounts up for weeks before I even got it. When I finally did get it, the BB pretty much did it all for me. Send some test e-mail's out using an account that has nothing to do with the Blackberry and see what happens. That's what I did and finally got it all configured correctly.
Okay, for the most part here is my problem.

If i dont input the seperate accounts into my Tmobile setup screen online, then I cannot select which account will reply to the email that is sent to me...it does not automatically realize which acccount to send back from and only sends back from the main account I have registered as the "send from" address.

If i do put the seperate accounts into the setup screen, then I get duplicate emails of EVERYTHING, because I already have all accounts fwding to the BB

Now the point of even having the BB is that I can get my emails instantaneously which I really have grown accustomed to. I could easily turn off the pop fwding, but then it would completely disengage my push email, and that would be pointless for me.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #25
gunkeljrd

Model: 8700g

How do you consolidate all of the mailboxes into one for multiple email accounts? I checked the manual and couldn't find reference to it.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #26
aaronpaul
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkeljrd
How do you consolidate all of the mailboxes into one for multiple email accounts? I checked the manual and couldn't find reference to it.
There should be one mailbox that aggregates all of your messages together. The icon is probably slightly different than the others. Simply hide all of the other mailbox icons and you're all set.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #27
gunkeljrd

How do you hide the other mailboxes? I've looked and haven't seen where that option is.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #28
aaronpaul
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkeljrd
How do you hide the other mailboxes? I've looked and haven't seen where that option is.
Highlight the mailbox on the home screen.

Hold the Alt key.

Click the Trackwheel.

Select Hide from the drop down menu.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #29
gunkeljrd

Awesome. Thank you so much!
Closed Thread