Old 11-29-2004, 03:55 PM   #1
Nader E. K.

Please Login to Remove!

Old 01-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
db
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: rogers
Default URL access with WAP browser --- but not with HTML browser?

This question relates to a new 7290 blackberry with software v3.8.0.139 (platform 1.8.0.99)

There are two browser icons on this BlackBerry --- the WAP browser and the HTML browser.

I have a specific site that I need to get to --- then login --- and get to my email that is stored on that server. It is an internal email system --- and I can not just have the email “forwarded” to a second ISP that I have.
Any mail I read or send also has to be “initiated and stored” on that server.

When I use the HTML browser --- I can get to first level at the site --- and it then displays two blank fields; one for my “userid” and one for my “password.” I enter that data --- but when it tries to connect through further --- I get the following message on my blackberry:

“Unable to connect using the current security settings. Please contact your service provider.”

When I use the WAP browser --- I am able to connect through to both levels on the site. Once I reach the first level at the site with the WAP browser I have to select “edit” the userid --- a new window opens up --- I enter my userid --- then I “accept” --- then a similar process is repeated for the password --- followed by “submit.” When I do this I am able to get through --- to read and respond to my email – on that host server.

Why can I do it on the WAP browser --- but not on the HTML browser?

The HTML browser works fine on other sites that I have tried.

It would appear that the security issue is possibly on the blackberry --- and not on the host server at the desired URL.

I have tried selecting each of the different browser emulation possibilities from the “options” within the HTML browser --- but no difference in results.

I referenced the built in “help” on the BlackBerry --- “browser” and “about TLS” --- and wonder if that might be a contributing factor. When I go to “Options” from the main icon screen --- I do not currently have a “TLS” element to bring up and possibly change.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas --- relative to resolving this situation?

Thanks for your help.

David
Old 01-22-2005, 04:39 PM   #3
BlackBerryGuide
Thumbs Must Hurt

You'll need to load TLS to your device...

I'll assume you have Desktop Manager and the Firmware installed on the PC... I'm working off memory here, so there may be some things missing :( but it should get you started:

1) Open Desktop Manager (& connect the BB)
2) Double-click Application Loader
3) Place a checkmark beside TLS
4) click next

Now once you got TLS installed you'll have to go to options --> TLS and configure the options.
Closed Thread