BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
xwire
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Checking Yahoo Mail from BB Web Browser

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, I was wondering about a problem my boss reported to me today while he checks his Yahoo Email through the BB Web browser. He gets his corporate email fine and can reply to it through our BES. While checking his yahoo mail from the web browser he states there is no reply button there to reply to emails. I havent looked at it physically since he is out of town, but has anyone run into problems like this before or is he not looking in the right place for the reply button.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

From the Web you have to use the menu button on the web page. If its being pushed to the BB through BIS then you would have the send button.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
xwire

Thats what I thought that the button should be there somewhere, perhaps he is not looking in the right spot. Thanks for you help.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
VoIPNUT

Model: 8700c
Default Why in the world would he check it through the Browser?

As opposed to just setting up the yahoo to be pushed and recieved to the devices web client option?

I'm on my work's BES and I used my device to send and receive email through my yahoo account.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
xwire

VoIPNUT, I didnt know you could do that, or I never had any reason to, can you elaborate a little on how to do this?
Old 03-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Of course you would have to have a Yahoo plus account for that, which is a monthly charge of 19.99 if I am not mistaken.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #7
Katrina Niolet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Also, just FYI, some BES admins disable BIS availability on their users devices. While most still allow a user to register a BIS account, the more security paranoid do not.

Also (not sure) I think Yahoo! Plus is $19.99/year

Katrina Niolet
[email address]
Old 04-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
jontalotta
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina Niolet
Also, just FYI, some BES admins disable BIS availability on their users devices. While most still allow a user to register a BIS account, the more security paranoid do not.

Also (not sure) I think Yahoo! Plus is $19.99/year

Katrina Niolet
[email address]

Be careful before signing up for Yahoo! Plus right now. There is a change taking place on April 22, 2006. Not sure exactly what is happening, but this is quoted from Yahoo! Plus Help:
What will happen to my Yahoo! Mail account?

What will happen to my Yahoo! Mail account? Your Yahoo! Mail Plus account features (such as 2 GB of storage and SpamGuard Plus) will end on April 22, 2006. Your Yahoo! Mail account will be downgraded to a "non-premium" version of Yahoo! Mail, which has 1 GB of storage. You will not lose any data, and you will still be able to access your email. However, if you have more than 1 GB of data, you will not be able to send or receive any new email until you delete messages in your mailbox.

Click HERE for the actual webpage.

JT
Old 04-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

JT,

It appears to me that that page is referring to someone not subscribing to Plus anymore. Right on the page is a link to sign up.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:46 AM   #10
CuShMaN

Model: 7290
Carrier: CINGULAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwire
Thats what I thought that the button should be there somewhere, perhaps he is not looking in the right spot. Thanks for you help.
xwire, it appears that the blackberry browser is lacking in lots of functionality that it should have.. when concerning yahoo's and other pages built in mobile html view point.

take a look at his blackberry app menu and see if has access to the cingular browser.. it's slightly more functionality..

and..

when viewing yahoo mail through it, he will be able to see the reply buttons that should be there.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:57 AM   #11
jontalotta
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
JT,

It appears to me that that page is referring to someone not subscribing to Plus anymore. Right on the page is a link to sign up.
I saw that, too. But the webpage also says that premium service will be downgraded. I am confused. I haven't found anything else about this. Anyone know? If not, suppose we all will see what happens on April 23....

JT
Closed Thread