BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
littlebigman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BouyguesTelecom
Question [8520] Answering machine without dataplan?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello

I have a 8520 and no dataplan (only voice + SMS). My provider forces unanswered calls to be forwarded to voice mail after only 20s. I found this too short, so asked them to turn it off.

Now, when I get a call I can't/don't want to take (eg. blocked numbers, busy in a meeting, etc.), I can kill it by hitting the End/Power key, but then, users will hear a busy signal instead, so 1) they know I killed their call, and 2) I can't screen them by listening to my VM later.

I tried Send key > Menu > Options > Call Forwarding > Forward Unanswered Calls, then activated the three options by typing the right command to forward calls, but I get the following error message: "Forwarding number NUMBER_TO_VM not set for If Busy: Please check the number and try again".

And when I tried the "**61*NUMBER_TO_VM#" followed by the Send key, I got: "Supplementary service error: Status error".

It looks like my provider really doesn't want users to configure their voice mail themselves.

So... I'm looking for an application that I can install in the Blackberry and will forward calls to a local answering machine when I hit the End key. Again, I have no data plan, so this application must work without one.

Does someone know of such an application and could recommend one?

Thank you.
Closed Thread