Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Clarkii

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default Multiple Notes Mailboxes to BB

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I am new to the forum and couldn't fine a specific Notes/IBM section.
Please move to correct section if I missed it.

As well as being new to the forum I am also new to BB's, I have recently been given a BB Bold 9700. I have my Notes Personal MailIn DB and calendar which I can access.

I Supervise a support department where we have a Support Calendar and a Support MailIn db and would very much to see this on my BB as well. I can not forward emails from the support DB as this is just not practical and I want to keep them separate.

The short of it all, is there any way to have multiple Mailboxes and calendars ( in this case 2 of each) on the same BB?

Thanks for any help and advise in advance.

Clarkii
Old 02-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

I don't suppose you know what version of BES you are on?

Last edited by Jadey; 02-18-2010 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Clarkii

Hi, thanks for the reply.

We are running 4.1.3 at the moment and will be upgrading to 5 in the very near future.

We are also running Notes 6.5 at the moment if that has any effect on the answer.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
Clarkii

Are multiple mailboxes supported with BES at all ?

Thanks for any help
Old 02-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
PsPaPa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone
Cool I Donīt Think so and Yes! it can be done

Done it twice, One is still using it.

Thanks to port3101 (with some additions):

Here is how you setup 2 or more BES accounts (and so 2 or more Notes Accounts) on 1 blackberry. With Notes Accounts I mean Users with a Notes Mailfile. Not a Mail-in entry.

* Install a Desktop Manager with an Business Account. Only then you will be asked if you are using IBM or MS.
* Within Notes Create two Location documents for both the accounts
* (On both servers), create new blackberry accounts
* Select one of the Notes location documents en connect your BB. You should be asked for both your Passwords. BB and for the Notes ID used with the account
* Open Desktop Manager and open the first mail profile.
* Go to advanced options and email settings
* Rename the account from "Desktop" to "Company Name or Email domain"

* Repeat process for the 2nd account (Including switching Notes Location)

* Go ahead and wireless activate the first account
* Then try and activate the 2nd account. You will be prompted to wipe data. Say no
* Finish activation and you now have 2 bes accounts on 1 blackberry.

Make sure to not skip step "Rename the account". You must rename the accounts to something different or the first account will be overwritten because you cannot have two "desktop" profiles on a BlackBerry. I believe that the profile info is added to the mailbox and not the BlackBerry database, so you must use Desktop Manager.

I tried this with users from diffrent SQL dbīs. Yes it worked, nicely. But be carefull. Itīs easely to mistake the accounts when sending mail. It used colorsschemeīs and stuff like that to separate the account including your calender.

So Enjoy, but becare what you whish for.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
Clarkii

Hi, thanks for the information.

I want to use two differnet MailIn boxes not neccessarally two User Accounts.

I have a single account on Notes in Which I can access my personal MailIn box and Calender and our shared Support MailIn box and shared Calender. I work using both and would very much like to be able to do this from my BB without the need to forward emails from one to the other.

When I am at work on my PC I dont want to see the shared support emails in my personal mail box. I want both the mail boxes and Calenders separate as they are now and would like this functionality on my BB. Without it its only half or less as useful as it could be with the ability to see both mailIn boxes.

I am sure this isn't a unique scenario and would expect many managers who look after support type organizations which use shared support mailin boxes to have this sort of functionality where they are able to see their personal and the shared mailin boxes.

Last edited by Clarkii; 02-19-2010 at 05:59 AM..
Old 02-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
PsPaPa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking No INotes I assume ?

Because then you could use the BIS Account option. Which also allows you to combine calenders.

Key question Which view is your BES polling for users and can you munipulate that.

Just thinking:
Create a Persondocument (not a valid user with an ID) donīt allow him mail but his mailfile is your mail-in

Did you try to create the mail-in as an a Resource

Just leave it to your Notes Admin to F..k up your Domino system and itīs really done right
Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Why would he try and create the mail-in DB as a resource?!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Clarkii, do you know whether you are using MDS Integration Services?

I ask, because I use that to browse to my Domino ITsupport system. I use it via the web browser on BB as opposed to a "mail folder" on the BB

The issue here is more than just you want 2 mail profiles on your BB - you want one Mail User profile and one Mail-In DB.

Bottom line is that BES has no out-of-the-box capability to be able to "talk" to a mail-in DB. Even if the suggestion above for manually synching one set of mail does work, you also need an additional step of masquerading your mail-in DB as a user mailfile. Depending on the mail-in DB design, this may or may not be possible.

Is the mail-in DB ripped from a mailfile template, or is it something custom-built?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
bbnotes
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold

Thanks for this, I will give it a try.

I had heard rumors this was possible and knew it had to do with service books but was unable to find the info.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsPaPa View Post
Done it twice, One is still using it.

Thanks to port3101 (with some additions):

Here is how you setup 2 or more BES accounts (and so 2 or more Notes Accounts) on 1 blackberry. With Notes Accounts I mean Users with a Notes Mailfile. Not a Mail-in entry.

* Install a Desktop Manager with an Business Account. Only then you will be asked if you are using IBM or MS.
* Within Notes Create two Location documents for both the accounts
* (On both servers), create new blackberry accounts
* Select one of the Notes location documents en connect your BB. You should be asked for both your Passwords. BB and for the Notes ID used with the account
* Open Desktop Manager and open the first mail profile.
* Go to advanced options and email settings
* Rename the account from "Desktop" to "Company Name or Email domain"

* Repeat process for the 2nd account (Including switching Notes Location)

* Go ahead and wireless activate the first account
* Then try and activate the 2nd account. You will be prompted to wipe data. Say no
* Finish activation and you now have 2 bes accounts on 1 blackberry.

Make sure to not skip step "Rename the account". You must rename the accounts to something different or the first account will be overwritten because you cannot have two "desktop" profiles on a BlackBerry. I believe that the profile info is added to the mailbox and not the BlackBerry database, so you must use Desktop Manager.

I tried this with users from diffrent SQL dbīs. Yes it worked, nicely. But be carefull. Itīs easely to mistake the accounts when sending mail. It used colorsschemeīs and stuff like that to separate the account including your calender.

So Enjoy, but becare what you whish for.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #11
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

I read this thread with much interest. PsPaPa workaround method is technically feasible if and only if both Notes databases are NSF files created using the standard Lotus Notes mail templates (including iNotes).

If Clarkii's mail-in NSF file is not created based on the mail templates, it is not gonna work. Why? At the design level, BES is programmed to recognize NSF files created from these mail templates.

If you want to go into details, here it is:

(1) At the database level, it has to be a NSF file created based on Lotus emplates.
(2) At the form design level, the documents need to be created based on the Form design elements "Memo", "Notice" etc...
(3) At the view design level, the view elements need to be those mail file ones e.g Inbox... etc.

Hope this helps answer all queries.

Last edited by noname; 02-19-2010 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: Adding design level information.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:06 AM   #12
PsPaPa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
Why would he try and create the mail-in DB as a resource?!
Why a Resource? For a moment I though that would automactcly create a Mailfile for that resource and put it in the Peoples view of your NAB. By testing it. It seems to show up as an Mail-in db. So it's no use.

Would be NICE if RIM did something about this matter. More Notes mail db's syncing with one blackberry
Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 AM   #13
PsPaPa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
Bottom line is that BES has no out-of-the-box capability to be able to "talk" to a mail-in DB. Even if the suggestion above for manually synching one set of mail does work, you also need an additional step of masquerading your mail-in DB as a user mailfile. Depending on the mail-in DB design, this may or may not be possible.
Is our case we had One user with actually 2 Notes accounts and we were able to supply him with both on his BB. But if you want a Mail-in connected. If forsee the problem that your are probably not the only one who wants that specific Mail-in added to his BB. Faking it as an user will not fix that then. Then there are the policies which one will effect your BB ? In our case we could just sent him two equal pollicies for both users.
Closed Thread