BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #21
jzarowitz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

i have no opinion on the current discussion... ive found RIM cases that allow for charging and that dont allow for charging... i dont usually charge while in the case tho, so it doesnt bother me that it may not work here...

on a slightly similar note, the official att offered skins for this phone are pretty neat. i played with them yesterday at my local store. they offer a smoky gray hard, but flexible plastic skin that goes around the back only. the material is like that of a blow up figure, beach ball kinda plastic, but much more rigid... and thicker. nice stuff.

the other skin was not so much my fav, but reminds me of the crap that seidio makes... but this one was actually functional. its a two piece hard but smooth rubber plastic case that completely encompasses the 9700. snaps together somewhere, and has a built in belt clip.

neither permit use of the charging cradle though, and the smokey plastic skin disallows use of the OEM case because the flap wont reach around the extra material to fasten.
Closed Thread