Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
clafarge

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Audio Books for the Tour

Please Login to Remove!

I tried Audible (they do not support the Tour and say it was the responsibility of RIM to design the Tour to work with their software) and it fails to find audio books on the device (apparently an know bug). I have tried downloading WMP files and syncing them to the BB, but run into all sorts of digital rights management issues (as far as I can see, DRM only serves to prevent users from using media they legally own). Does anyone have any suggestions for how to listen to audio books on the BB Tour???
Thanks,
Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Bing0

Model: 9630

Burn a disk containing the audio tracks for the books to an audio disk. After you have created that disk you will then be able to rip it as a list of mp3 tracks.

Then you can download a free application to convert these mp3 tracks to audio book tracks. The app that I found was called: "MP3 to iPod Audio Book Converter."

That should resolve all of your DRM issues. Good Luck
Old 11-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
SplinterCell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint

Do as Bing0 suggested the only thing I would add is...use PodTrapper; I have listened to the whole Mitch Rapp series By: Vince Flynn this way. That's 10 Novels so it's tried & true; however, you could just use BB Media Player, but how would you pick-up where you left off, etc...

Best of luck,
Chris
Old 11-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
clafarge

Thanks for the input. Defeating the DRM for a legal use of media seems to take way too much brain damage...but I finally was able to burn and rip one.

I am confused re SpinterCells suggestion...podtrapper downloads as a *.jad file which neither Vista nor the BB know what to do with. Is there an installable version...or do I have the wrong product. You are absolutely correct about using media player...works but... Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
SplinterCell

From your BlackBerry go to ota.versatilemonkey.com/podtrapper their is a 7 day trial I believe? Give it a try for your audio books; I swear by it!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
gpc

Carrier: CellSouth
Default Audible for Tour

Recently upgraded to Tour and long time audible member. I simply used the BB (Bold) 9000 when it asked for phone and it has worked faster and better than my curve ever worked. The 9000 seems to work fine for the 9630.

I download my books by placing my cards in computer and loading them and generally will load 4 to 8 books at a time so I don't have to pull card very often. Never have been happy with the speed of downloading directly from audible so I have not tried this method to see if tour is faster downloading. Would think daily subscriptions would be no problem, just don't use them at present.

I am using 4.3 from Audible by the way and using 4.7 from BB.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #7
hard10

Model: 9650
Carrier: Alltel / VZW

Downloaded the Bold app to my 9630 with minor problems. Biggest problem occurred while trying to listen via the Bluetooth headset. In order to get it to work, I had to start the audible program and then turn on the headset. Solved the problem altogether this afternoon when I lost the BRAND new S9-HS headset at the Charlotte airport!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 AM   #8
SplinterCell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard10 View Post
Downloaded the Bold app to my 9630 with minor problems. Biggest problem occurred while trying to listen via the Bluetooth headset. In order to get it to work, I had to start the audible program and then turn on the headset. Solved the problem altogether this afternoon when I lost the BRAND new S9-HS headset at the Charlotte airport!
I use the S9-HD's all the time without any issues accept battery life seems short from time to time?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
clafarge

Default Thank you

...for all your advice. I have kinda got it working. DRM is a disaster and I hope more publishers will refuse to use it.
Closed Thread