Old 12-24-2005, 01:07 PM   #61
mediabb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Cool

Please Login to Remove!

Good Afternoon Beta Testers,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We're still working on some new development curves and ideas. We've made a note of all the items that you guys have recorded thus far in regards to The Shark Modem. We The Shark Team strive to make customer satisfaction #1. Therefore, we are working diligently day and night to make this application a success now and with versions soon to come.

----------------------

Eddie8 Question:

Q: Does this app use your cell minutes or your browser application? This works really good.Cool app

A: To the best of our knowledge and also to agree with FiftiesDean it should only use data.

Note: Beta testers please test this with your carriers plan to ensure for accuracy. Having a second opinion when coming from a doctor always works out best... Doesn't it? We would love your feedback from at least 1-2 person from each carrier. (We know each carrier has different charges that apply)

Feedback was great yesterday. Thus we're still in need of more testers with Instant Messenger native clients (AOL, YAHOO, MSN, and ICQ..etc) Also with other 3rd party Instant Messenger connectors (Trillian.. etc)

Thanks

The Shark Team
Old 12-26-2005, 01:56 AM   #62
gary599
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

I posted 12/21 at 1027am

OMG it works on my desk top.. Going to try this out in the car later on.

I reported that, this program worked and gave me the internet. And yes I did disconnect my home internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediabb
Dozement,

You're correct! You've been a great support to us thus far!! You're in the first 20 to give feedback, and you will receive your discount as we promised.

Beta Testers,

Please remember to disconnect any active connection (DSL, CABLE MODEM..etc) before attempting to utilize The Shark Modem Application.

Thanks!!

The Shark Modem Team
"Attacking development from a new angle"

Old 12-26-2005, 12:51 PM   #63
Eddie8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 317eec66

I haven't used this app for two days and went to try it today and I can't get it to work.Any trouble shooting section for this? I double checked all my settings and I can't get the icons to come up on the bottom of my pc.
help.............................................. ...................................

Thanks
Old 12-26-2005, 01:48 PM   #64
mediabb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie8
I haven't used this app for two days and went to try it today and I can't get it to work.Any trouble shooting section for this? I double checked all my settings and I can't get the icons to come up on the bottom of my pc.
help.............................................. ...................................

Thanks

Dear Eddie8,

To get your Proxy icon that normally appears in the bottom right back corner .. you can double click the proxy exe file that came with the install files . Please ensure that the Shark Application is started on the device first.

Thanks!

The Shark Team

Old 12-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #65
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but what is the advantage of Shark Modem over just setting up a modem profile and using the BB as a tethered modem? Why is extra software necessary? Am I totally missing the point? Is this just for older BB's that don't have tethering capability?
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250

Last edited by kurichan; 12-26-2005 at 02:00 PM..
Old 12-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #66
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

I have asked and gotten no answers to this and I wont test until I do, will using this application cause Varizon to charge me the extra $15 for tethering or worst charge me for kbs of use since I do not have the tethering plan added to my account? I am willing ot try it and report on it but not before I have answers. If not I have already gotten my BB to tether via the VZAccesss Manager and have that as a standby in the event I am pressed to tether at all.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-26-2005, 03:24 PM   #67
mediabb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Lightbulb

Hello Kuricha,

Take a look at the previously listed thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...768#post148768

Supported BlackBerry Models
Model 7100: Success (Rogers, T-Mobile)
Model 7290: Success (Rogers, AT&T, Cingular, T-Mobile)
Model 7250: Success (Verizon Business Users Only)
Model 8700: Success (Rogers, Cingular)
Model 7100i: Unconfirmed
Model 7105: Unconfirmed
Model 7130: Unconfirmed
All Older Models: They Have No Modem

Hope this answers your question. Also there’s has been several users that still continue to have issues with teethering of their modem. At this point users may decide to use our application which is easy to install , configure and use. Also we are including in the next version some pretty cool features that’s not included in the regular teething method.

Thanks

The Shark Team

Old 12-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #68
KonTiki

Quote:
Hello Kuricha,

Take a look at the previously listed thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...768#post148768

Supported BlackBerry Models
Model 7100: Success (Rogers, T-Mobile)
Model 7290: Success (Rogers, AT&T, Cingular, T-Mobile)
Model 7250: Success (Verizon Business Users Only)
Model 8700: Success (Rogers, Cingular)
Model 7100i: Unconfirmed
Model 7105: Unconfirmed
Model 7130: Unconfirmed
All Older Models: They Have No Modem

Hope this answers your question. Also there’s has been several users that still continue to have issues with teethering of their modem. At this point users may decide to use our application which is easy to install , configure and use. Also we are including in the next version some pretty cool features that’s not included in the regular teething method.

Thanks

The Shark Team

I have tried to contact you via e-mail, via PM and just a few minutes ago (three posts up from this one) seeking answeers to this question to no avail. I am more than happy to test but need to know an answer, can you please answer this :

I have asked and gotten no answers to this and I wont test until I do, will using this application cause Varizon to charge me the extra $15 for tethering or worst charge me for kbs of use since I do not have the tethering plan added to my account? I am willing ot try it and report on it but not before I have answers. If not I have already gotten my BB to tether via the VZAccesss Manager and have that as a standby in the event I am pressed to tether at all.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-26-2005, 04:21 PM   #69
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Quote:
Also we are including in the next version some pretty cool features that’s not included in the regular teething method.
Thanks for the quick reply!

When's the next version and what features are you considering? IMHO, it might be a good idea to privately poll users to see what features they actually want and need instead of putting time into "cool" features...
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 12-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #70
gary599
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have AIM and Yahoo, and trillian pro

AIM program did not connect
Yahoo program connected
Trillian I could get yahoo to connect but nothing else.

I need to spend more time on it.

I have several screen names for AOL, Yahoo. I also have MSN
Old 12-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #71
jrwoodall
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: cincinnati bell
Default still looking for CBW testers?

mediabb - I have a 7290 with Cincinnati Bell; willing to test.
Email sent as well.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:23 PM   #72
Andrel

Model: 8300
Carrier: Roger

Email sent.

7250 on Bell Mobility.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #73
Eddie8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 317eec66

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

This app works good. The only problem is that it loads web sites so slowwwwwwwwwwww. Is there any settings for this? Average speed is about 3 minutes. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #74
FiftiesDean

Model: 7630

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
if no one can answer the question, you probably already figured out. Unless you can convince them you have an unlimited plan and you are veiwing that many sites on your bb, you will probably be charged kbs. You can also try calling them, as they are providing the service.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #75
mediabb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thumbs up

Good Morning Beta Testers,

We'd like to take the time to answer a few questions that have been posted lately. We've been working day and night to respond to your feedback/comments/questions. With the feedback this has helped us to improve the application thus adding features that is much needed.

We've sent the application to 100 users and still haven't heard from everyone. The only way we can improve the application is by......... you guessed it! If you respond with feedback
--------------------------------------

In regards to additional carrier charges... Our Application is built assuming there should be no additional charges. At this time we are uncertain as to each carriers restrictions. Some carriers have charges while others don't. Any feedback from any carrier users would be great for the community to know. Also to test .. one could look at their live online bill to see if charges are being applied. Don't know if all carriers offer this.
----------------------------------------------

In regards to speed of the application and combination with carrier networks. Below is our response.

Java-based BlackBerry now supports operation on 3 different types of wireless networks: GPRS, CDMA (1X), and iDEN. The bandwidth on any given network can fluctuate from less than 5 kilobits/second to as high as 50 kbps. This variance in bandwidth would generally be acceptable if it were not for network latency. First round trip latency usually takes 5 seconds or more (depending on network traffic)

Also you can disable "Show pictures" in Internet Explorer this will help as well.

Note: We've almost completed another version where speed seems to have increased. We will update you guys shortly with that info.
-------------------------------
IM Messengers

Some carriers have block access from certain native clients. Yahoo IM seems to work thus far. Need more feedback.

Thanks

The Shark Team

Old 12-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #76
kc2hje

Model: 7520

I would like to try this as well i have a 7520 from nextel and i could be able to use this for work can i still get in for the beta testing???
sorry that this is my first post i have just been searching
Old 12-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #77
sledge

Model: 7250

Email sent. I'll be trying it on my EV-DO enabled 7250 (Verizon) and posting the results here. My goal is to get it to work without the tether feature on my account.

Last edited by sledge; 12-28-2005 at 01:15 PM..
Old 12-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #78
pules

Carrier: Sprint
Default please add me

Sent e-mail

Cingular 7290
Old 12-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #79
KonTiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge
Email sent. I'll be trying it on my EV-DO enabled 7250 (Verizon) and posting the results here. My goal is to get it to work without the tether feature on my account.
Please let me know if charges acrue, I have the application and want to test it but have not been successful in getting an answer to this. I called verizon and they themselves are not clear, I guess this is a first for them and I am already paying enough to them on a monthly basis with 4 phones with a 1000 minutes shared and an unlimited data plan to add any additional expenses.

Your input would be greatly appreciated since I do want to test this app.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #80
cohiba smoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZ

issues tonite on 7520.
opened the bbforums page fine(1-2 minutes to load), but wouldnt open any of the sub pages(aftermarket)
tried gmail with no luck. closed browser but the app wouldnt release the request. The connect tab for the modem software still said requesting headers. had to shut down the shark to get rid of.
tried yahoo mess. opened fine,but then shut down. restarted and again after about 45 seconds ym logged me off.
Closed Thread