BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Digicam
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Storm was working great. Them updated to 5 and...

Please Login to Remove!

Issues now occuring after upgrading toOS 5:

1. When hooked up to charger and goes into Bedside Mode, phone locks up.
2. Various applications were deleted such as the MySpace etc. I reinstalled. Says it is reinstalled but shows up nowhere.
3. Battery is draining at a higher rate.
4. Phone has locked up a number of times for no apparent reason. Had No lockups under previous OS.
5. Various applications that do show up, will not run or show up oddly on screen (Half screen etc.)
6. When trying to enter a registration code for a program like BerryBuzz etc, the phone drops into the numeric keypad. But when a letter is required as part of the reg. code, the keypad will not go to Alpha pad . Locks in numeric. Thus the registration is no possible.
7. Keypad is now acting weitd. wrong letters appearing when proper keys are pressed.

I am about to go back to the old OS 4. I hope this isn't a preview of the Storm 2!

Last edited by Digicam; 10-26-2009 at 01:56 PM..
Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

OS 5 official via verizon wireless upgrade or OS 5 beta?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Digicam

Unhappy Verizon Official last night.

No this is the Ofical Release as of last night (Sunday) through the DM which showed it as the newest upgrade.

Since I wrote the note, I have also had issues with the screen dimming too soon regardless of setting and not at a level I set. Only think I can think of doing it trying the upgrade again, but right now I am not too pleases. None of my Apps like BerryBuzz, Berry Weather etc can be used since I can't enter the Activation codes, as they include letters. The pad goes to numeric and won't switch to Alpha.

Have had the Storm a year and been VERY pleased....until now.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Sorry, yes, I wasnt aware it had been released at that point.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Did you wipe your phone before installing or update on top of the old OS?
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
Digicam

Default No did not wipe phone

No I did not wipe the phone before installation. I just followed the instructions and let it do its install. I have never wiped the phone in all of the upgrades I have done. I have never had this much trouble in any way.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
ctmed5408

Model: 9530
PIN: 3091CC64

You shouldn't have had to wipe anything. There was a post on here with a link in it that brought you right to a download. Once you downloaded it, you just followed the instructions and installed it through the DM. I did it this morning and my phones been running great. No issues as of yet.
Pin# 3091CC64
Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #8
Digicam

Unhappy Update to original Post

In order to keep all up to date: I am plodding along and have resolved some issues. Below is a list of issues I still have. Any help would be great.

Issues still occuring after upgrading to OS 5:

1. When hooked up to wall charger and it goes into Bedside Mode, phone locks up cannot eit that mode and a battery pull must be done to free it up.

2. Various applications were deleted such as MySpace etc. I reinstalled. Says it is reinstalled but shows up nowhere. Have gone to DM and looked and it does not appear. I re-installed, it says it installed it, but again does not show up. Whats with that?

3. Battery draining at a higher rate seems to be do to the issue described in #8.

4. Phone has locked up a number of times for no apparent reason. Had No lockups under previous OS.

8. The backlight that was originally set to 30% now needs to be set to 100% to be comparable. As well the screen dims quickly and not in relation to the number of seconds I tell it to. I have see this issue elsewhere on this site as well.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
lostman72
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digicam View Post
In order to keep all up to date: I am plodding along and have resolved some issues. Below is a list of issues I still have. Any help would be great.

Issues still occuring after upgrading to OS 5:

1. When hooked up to wall charger and it goes into Bedside Mode, phone locks up cannot eit that mode and a battery pull must be done to free it up.

2. Various applications were deleted such as MySpace etc. I reinstalled. Says it is reinstalled but shows up nowhere. Have gone to DM and looked and it does not appear. I re-installed, it says it installed it, but again does not show up. Whats with that?

3. Battery draining at a higher rate seems to be do to the issue described in #8.

8. The backlight that was originally set to 30% now needs to be set to 100% to be comparable. As well the screen dims quickly and not in relation to the number of seconds I tell it to. I have see this issue elsewhere on this site as well.
The screen dimming is a bug in the os. Yes some apps like face book and myspace get deleted. I had to reinstall those two apps. I have been running the software for about a week and have installed several times on other storms and have not had any lockup problems at all? Your phone should still have warrenty I would exchange it at Verizon.

Or try a clean and delete all and reinstall it if you can?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Ragrots
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

I was having the same issues... did a battery pull and everything is working fine...