Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Jvince

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default The Repeated AT&T Sucker Punch

Please Login to Remove!

First AT&T Wireless, my sorry wireless provider with horribly spotty service, sent me a bad 8310. They then replaced it another bad 8310. They then told me to save on shipping time by getting it replaced at my local Device Support Center where the 'helpful' rep erased all the info off my phone and gave it back to me as if it were a different one [the IMEI number was the same]. I complained and was told to email the CEO but he never responded as I'd just renewed my contract in getting the phone in the first place. I'm too cheap, at least right now, to break my contract and go with Verizon.

But if any of you are looking to get your first BB and trying to decide what provider to use, allow my experience to help lead the way - to a company that actually cares about their customers.

Happy hunting.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

What kinds of issues were you having? They could have been related to coverage
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Double-posting is not permitted.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/carr...r-punch-t.html
Old 05-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms
Carrier: AT&T

I've used AT&T device support center several times, and they have always been helpful and did the device replacement without a problem [not a BB]. Hopefully, you can get satisfaction for your defective 8310, good luck.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvince View Post
First AT&T Wireless, my sorry wireless provider with horribly spotty service, sent me a bad 8310. They then replaced it another bad 8310. They then told me to save on shipping time by getting it replaced at my local Device Support Center where the 'helpful' rep erased all the info off my phone and gave it back to me as if it were a different one [the IMEI number was the same]. I complained and was told to email the CEO but he never responded as I'd just renewed my contract in getting the phone in the first place. I'm too cheap, at least right now, to break my contract and go with Verizon.

But if any of you are looking to get your first BB and trying to decide what provider to use, allow my experience to help lead the way - to a company that actually cares about their customers.

Happy hunting.
Please go to a company store and ask to speak to the manager. Ask him for a name and number of a 3rd level manager. Call this person and explain the issue and what happened.

It will be resolved.
Closed Thread