BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 12-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
rclewen

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Alternative to BB7100T?

Please Login to Remove!

I am absolutely fed up with my 7100t. I've been using it for the past 14 months or so, but in the last two months, the OS has had to be reloaded 5 times. The phone will be operating normally when I will suddenly see a JVM error 102 and the phone will be in a reset loop until the OS is reloaded. BB and Tmobile support are useless. Their only remedy is to reload the OS. Its not har to do, and I've gotten quite good at it, but if the phone crashes when I am traveling or in the car, I'm stuck until I can get to a spot where I can get my PC out to do the reload. It happened again today and that was the last straw.

So... I am looking for alternatives to the 7100t. If I stick with BB hardware, the logical choice is the 8700c, but that would require a change of carrier. I have no problems with T-Mobile service (except for the BB support), so that options isn't as attractive. So that has me thinking about wither going back to a seperate phone and PDA, or using non-BB hardware. I love the e-mail push and sync with our corporate Exchange server and I don't think that is available outside of the BB world, so what are my options for BB capabilities on non-BB hardware in the US, preferrably with T-Mobile?

...ron
Old 12-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
canesfins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: BTC

I am in the same boat, except I thought the 7100T was poorly made. I broke mine (the LCD) in 11 months. I am going to purchase the Siemens SK65 on line and see how that works out, if it works well then I might look into the Nokia 9300.