Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
jdoom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Storm vs Curve

Please Login to Remove!

My company is making me switch from ATT to Verizon and have been very happy with my 8300. It is easy to use and extremely functional and I think after 2 years it is coming upon the end of it's life cycle.

I use email, internet, and BBM mostly.

The Storm looks nifty but for a business user is it the best choice? I would appreciate any advice people could provide.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
clubchucker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

You're going to get a lot of different responses on your question. Best way I can say it is "to each his own". Biggest thing I'd suggest is going and seeing how you like the touch screen keyboard. Believe me...it isn't like having a real keyboard. Since you said you do a lot of emailing and BBM, that would be a huge concern if I were you. If you use the internet a lot (as you stated) you'll love the screen on the Storm for sure-it's excellent.

Now myself, one of the things I hate the most about my Storm is the keyboard. I miss having a real one. Some can adjust to the Storms and some can't.

Just my personal opinion of course, but for the "business user" I'd recommend the Curve over the Storm but that's just me. I wouldn't get another one (or any touch screen for that matter) but that's due to how I use it.

In a perfect world, and if you can put off your company for another month or two...the ideal situation would be for you to wait until May and get the new Niagra coming to Verizon.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
ocgreenmachine
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubchucker View Post
You're going to get a lot of different responses on your question. Best way I can say it is "to each his own". Biggest thing I'd suggest is going and seeing how you like the touch screen keyboard. Believe me...it isn't like having a real keyboard. Since you said you do a lot of emailing and BBM, that would be a huge concern if I were you. If you use the internet a lot (as you stated) you'll love the screen on the Storm for sure-it's excellent.

Now myself, one of the things I hate the most about my Storm is the keyboard. I miss having a real one. Some can adjust to the Storms and some can't.

Just my personal opinion of course, but for the "business user" I'd recommend the Curve over the Storm but that's just me. I wouldn't get another one (or any touch screen for that matter) but that's due to how I use it.

In a perfect world, and if you can put off your company for another month or two...the ideal situation would be for you to wait until May and get the new Niagra coming to Verizon.
WELL STATED! I agree totally. It "is to each his own" and you definitely need to play with one to see how you like the surepress screen keyboard. I am of the complete opposite opinion about the storm keyboard. I used to have the 8830 world edition and I actually type faster now on my storm in landscape mode. Also, if you're not the problem solving type or DIY savvy, you might want to stay with the curve. The Storm is new and does have some bugs out of the box. Most of these quirks are fixed with a quick OS update and these forums are a great resource to easily tackle any issues you are having. I can say that I love my storm and I wouldn't go back to my 8830 (it is in a drawer at home).

Last edited by ocgreenmachine; 03-26-2009 at 12:17 PM..
Old 03-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

I agree, get the 8330.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
jdoom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

thanks everyone
Old 03-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
imwjl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I just set up somebody who needs a lot of hand holding with a Curve and I have Storm. I don't think I could live with the small screen after having Storm, or the cheap feeling keyboard and build after having Treo. I can type fast with Storm but editing a mistake can be a real pain when the edit cursor doesn't respond fast.

I get the impression that a firmware update will make it a better product having put (setup) the first ones on a server with the original OS released with the product.

I would probably just choose neither if the Palm OS Treo wasn't an end of life or if Verizon wasn't the best network.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Wirelessly posted

To each his own I agree but to a point the curve does the job better if you are going to do a lot of typeing and don't need a media tool then go with the curve I feel hands down one of the best BB made. As far as doing serious work and not just a phone to play around with. Communcation wise email sms aol msn and what ever way you do it the curve won't let you down .when I had my 9530 I was really disappointed and I am using my 8300 all the time I even have the ATT bold. Which I don't use because the battery life sucks. I am trying to debrand it as we speak . 8300 all the way
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
datboi305
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

i had the 8320 before the storm and i would assume the 8330 is the same thing for the most part so that being said i would say the storm needs more work done to OS before its a perfect. the 83xx OS is more stable.....both are good devices but i would rather get the newer bb personally but if u want a stable bb get the 83xx even though its old

sure joo kan haz ma twitter
Closed Thread