Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelley1985 View Post
Just note, I didn’t give this guy any info. Not my name or anything. All he has was my cell number from when I text him from the craigslist ad. I just called T-Mobile to verify how I had $625 credit on my account and they said it was not a credit; it was a payment with a check!

I told them the whole story and they couldn’t believe it and were very concerned. They are notating everything I have told them and they have removed the payment that was made. T-Mobile verified that no one has accessed my account and they seem to think that the only way he could have made a payment to the account was through the automated system because all it asks for is the cell number that you want to make a payment for.

Pretty sure he paid my account with a stolen check then wanted me to order the phone from T-Mobile with my $625 positive account balance then pay him 300 through western union, then a few days later I would get stuck with the check bouncing or reported stolen then I get stuck with the cost of phone from T-Mobile and 300 sent to the scammer!

I have a 4page conversation with the guy I saved from my phone converted to a pdf if anyone wants to read! Pretty funny but not going to SCAM ME! I was totally messing with the guy in the text messages trying to get him to blow!
Glad you contacted TMO and that they noted everything. I see he even threatened to have your line disconnected. Also see that Craig's List has removed the posting. I hope this scammer gets caught....but there will be another to take his place unfortunately.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #22
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

This is just one example.. there are hundreds of agents who work with T-Mobile reps to shell out phones in some fishy way. Of course T-Mobile reps get their cut.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 03-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #23
JimJitsu

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

i got scammed by the same thing. only thing that was different was that my real friend that i see told me he has a friend that can do this. dont trust him. try googling something like this and you will see many people have fallen for this. he sends a credits a bounced check into your account. you see the money there but after 2-3 days its gone.
Closed Thread