Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
gluck75
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: t
Default Tethering on the 7130...

Please Login to Remove!

A couple of questions relating to "tethering" the 7130 from Verizon.

1) How would the 7130 connect to a laptop? Would the laptop need a bluetooth card?

2) I have read that tethering will cost an additional $15 per month. Question...if I want to use it for a month can I subscribe to this service and cancel when I am done. Obviously you can't cancel the voice or blackberry contract, but I would assume that the tethering option is one that you could turn on and off.

3) Finally, to view a web page, say cnn.com, how would the page load time on a laptop using a cable modem compare to a laptop tethered to a EVDO equipped blackberry...

Thanks in advance...
Old 11-27-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluck75
A couple of questions relating to "tethering" the 7130 from Verizon.

1) How would the 7130 connect to a laptop? Would the laptop need a bluetooth card?

2) I have read that tethering will cost an additional $15 per month. Question...if I want to use it for a month can I subscribe to this service and cancel when I am done. Obviously you can't cancel the voice or blackberry contract, but I would assume that the tethering option is one that you could turn on and off.

3) Finally, to view a web page, say cnn.com, how would the page load time on a laptop using a cable modem compare to a laptop tethered to a EVDO equipped blackberry...

Thanks in advance...
1. Tethering is only available via the USB cable. Bluetooth for sync, headset/car kits.

2. Not sure if you can add/delete EVDO service on a regular basis. I'm sure VZW will allow you to do it once.

3. Download speeds depend on many factors. I don't think comparing Cable/DSL to EVDO is a fair comparison.
Closed Thread