Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
thetruth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Color issue w/ replacement

Please Login to Remove!

On Saturday I got my replacement storm because the camera on my original didn't work. But once I activated my replacement, I noticed that the color quality on it is bad. The color seems pale compared to my original storm. Has anybody had this issue with a replacement storm? Will VZW give me another replacement for this issue? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

thetruth,

Open your battery door, remove the battery, and see if the lower right hand corner of the sticker says "Made in Mexico".

I am curious to know because, in addition to dust under the screen, I've heard complaints that Mexican made Storms have color issues. Both of mine were Canadian made and have vibrant color displays.

I think you have a valid complaint with Verizon if you can take the unit into the VZW store and show a noticeable contrast between the floor model and yours.

Verizon 9530

Last edited by XelhaBB; 03-02-2009 at 02:57 PM..
Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
thetruth
Thumbs Must Hurt

My replacement storm was indeed made in Mexico and my original storm was made in Canada. Although I'm kinda hesitant to replace my replacement because it clicks so good but the color issue is really bugging me.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

The clicking improvement is just do to the tightening of the screws...call vzw...tell them ur not happy with this device...if the next device doesn't click as good..come back to the forums and we'll help u on the rest.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

I concur Drummerboy.

But this confirms what I have heard about Mexican Storms.

thetruth, take that Storm back and get one with an acceptable color display. You are evidently locked into a contract and you should accept nothing less than what you deserve for paying your bills on time.

Verizon 9530
Old 03-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
thetruth
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just got off the phone with Verizon and I should get my replacement by Wednesday, hopefully it'll be a Canadian made Storm.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
Timmychunga
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

I've owned the storm since the day it came out and I am happy with everything other then the memory leaks and the fact that the screen is unresponsive at times. Is this a valid reason to go to verizon and ask for a replacement?

BTW: mine was made in Canada if that means anything.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
thetruth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Call Verizon and tell them your issue.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
wademac

This is probably a major noob question, but will ask anyway...

I am aware of the 30 day return period from when you sign your original contract which allows you to opt out if you are not satisfied....

As far as returning your Storm after this 30 day period for issues related to dust under the screen, as in this case a problem with the colors, or for any other of the issues that have been a problem for the Storm.....can you still return the phone for a replacement once you've passed the 30 day period or are you out of luck???

Oh and sorry for hijacking the original thread, but I am thinking I might have some of the issues mentioned here.....
Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
EBlanco
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9350

Quote:
Originally Posted by wademac View Post

I am aware of the 30 day return period from when you sign your original contract which allows you to opt out if you are not satisfied....

As far as returning your Storm after this 30 day period for issues related to dust under the screen, as in this case a problem with the colors, or for any other of the issues that have been a problem for the Storm.....can you still return the phone for a replacement once you've passed the 30 day period or are you out of luck???

Oh and sorry for hijacking the original thread, but I am thinking I might have some of the issues mentioned here.....

I have the same questions. I hope someoen can answer this.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
thetruth
Thumbs Must Hurt

I got my replacement storm today. The screen looks good but the clicking is bad. I have to use alot more force to register a click compare to my previous storm. Any way to fix this?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
PHLAK
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I noticed the same thing with my replacement.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...rightness.html

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
forecastdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wademac View Post

Yes you can get another replacement for up to a year as there is a manufacturer warranty of one year on all Verizon new phones against defects. I had numerous problems with a Motorola Razr (within the first 5 months) with the phone not ringing and sending all calls to voicemail and went through 3 Razrs before swapping for an LG 8700.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #14
wademac

Excellent! Thanks forcast!

I've had my Storm for about 5 weeks now. I would see many posts on the various forums complaining about their Storms, meanwhile mine seemed great and I just considered myself lucky. Over the last week and a half it seems like my Storm now has a lot of issues....lagging like crazy, screen not as responsive, and sometimes even answering the phone is difficult.

I'm still on OS .75, so I'm going to see how it goes and hope for a OS upgrade from Verizon. Otherwise I'll swap mine out. From the reviews of the leaked OS software, I'm hopeful that the next "official" OS release will solve my issues.
Closed Thread