RBernier
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdacoreaz View Post
::UPDATE::

I got a new phone on the way, and FedEx put in the claim so no one loses but the guy who stole the phone

so i guess it all works out in the end, thanks again to everyone who helped out!
So, what fantasy world do you live in? "No one loses" - where do you think your replacement phone is coming from? Do you think it just materializes out of thin air? Either Verizon or Fed-X has to eat the cost of the replacement phone, because you didn't want to be inconvenienced by having to be home to receive the new phone. The whole story sounds very fishy to me. Sounds like this scenario was all planned out. And, we post our tale of woe in the forum so it adds a little credibility to the story.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #22
franknbeans
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vrz

Ron I am sure there is insurance on both Fedex and Verizon. . . and both companies are large enough they will not miss. 600 bucks.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
cscotty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
So I need some help sorting out my dilemma...
In a nut shell:
1. Call Verizon - Replacement phone to be shipped out 2-18-09
2. Phone arrives on 2-18-09 but no one is home, courier leaves a door tag
3. I sign door tag and leave it out front with a note indicating the package must be left in a secure location and not in front of the house
4. Package arrives at 1:15pm on 2-19-09 and is left in FRONT of the house
5. From 1:15pm to 2pm the package gets lifted from the front of the house
6. Verizon claims no responsibility and expects me to drop at least $300 on a new phone
7. FedEx says I'm SOL and they are NOT responsible for the negligence of their drivers...
8. Filed a police report...probably won't do any good

Moral of the story...door tags are evil...

I was told that there is basically no way someone can activate it on any other account than my own, but what if its unlocked using an unlock code?

How do I make sure I do everything I can to at least get a NEW replacement sent for free, or help authorities track this phone down?

What do I do...I've spent over 3 hours total on the phone with both VZW and FedEx to try and sort this matter out to no avail...any help, insight, or guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
....so basically a looser FedEx guy can read your door tag and if it says to leave the package, they can just consider it theirs?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #24
chubakaka

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

This is the reason why I have everything that I order to my work cuz I am always here
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
RBernier

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Ron I am sure there is insurance on both Fedex and Verizon. . . and both companies are large enough they will not miss. 600 bucks.
Bottom line - it is not a matter that no one looses and it definitely is not a matter that they are so large they wont miss $600. Everytime a large company gets ripped off, the $600.00 adds up and it isn't their bottom line that suffers. Those of us who buy the products suffer, because we all have to pay a little bit more to cover the losses.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #26
sjc

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Wow and this is why we are where we are as a society. What a pity. I really hope one day you have to pay insurance premiums and deal with people who want to take advantage of you because you "will not miss. 600 bucks."
Old 02-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #27
lambdacoreaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304AEE5F
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBernier View Post
So, what fantasy world do you live in? "No one loses" - where do you think your replacement phone is coming from? Do you think it just materializes out of thin air? Either Verizon or Fed-X has to eat the cost of the replacement phone, because you didn't want to be inconvenienced by having to be home to receive the new phone. The whole story sounds very fishy to me. Sounds like this scenario was all planned out. And, we post our tale of woe in the forum so it adds a little credibility to the story.
Lol so with your 8th post you decided to log on and flame me?
first off, i am a full time engineer and masters student. I do not have the time of day to scratch my ass let alone wait at home, during MID-DAY and wait for a phone...

and the last time I checked, if a company sends out an expensive package...they put a declared value on said package...when I called and inquired as to why this was not done, they basically said someone ****ed up, in so many words...

FYI - next time if you don't have something benificial to say, don't say anything at all...why the hell would i post this in a forum when I could just keep it to myself and make it seem just as credible...you don't make any sense...as if i needed you guys to believe my story...i was merely asking for help...

Quote:
Bottom line - it is not a matter that no one looses and it definitely is not a matter that they are so large they wont miss $600. Everytime a large company gets ripped off, the $600.00 adds up and it isn't their bottom line that suffers. Those of us who buy the products suffer, because we all have to pay a little bit more to cover the losses.
And your logic is obviously flawed...it's not the fact that no one LITERALLY loses in this case, its a matter of keeping a customer...if a company treated you like crap and refused to replace a phone you legitimately never recieved due to theft, would you consider paying for another phone or just switching to a carrier who cares about their customers...

it is technically their responsibility to ensure your satisfaction, as a customer, or else they lose that customer and maybe more customers or future customers because of it...take it as their investment of 600 bucks to keep a customer and build a good rapport with everyone said customer tells about their ordeal...

vzw replaces my phone, by all means, I'll tell my freinds and family about what happened and how well their customer service took care of me...i'm sure it'll leave a good impression...

think of it as an investment...

you're obviously as disgrunteled as shit about this aren't you?

7105t>8320>9530 whats a curve?

Last edited by lambdacoreaz; 02-26-2009 at 04:12 AM..
Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #28
MKPanache

PIN: 3052D5A9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
Why should they be responsible?
Because they have insurance. He ordered a product and didn't get it. Why should he be responsible?

Quote:
::UPDATE::

So after an hr phone call with FedEx and talks of a lawsuit, and another hour call with Verizon, I got a new phone on the way, and FedEx put in the claim so no one loses but the guy who stole the phone because now, all it can be used for is a paper weight...or at least in the US...Verizon apparently has this program where they can disable the phone internally upon initally turning it on...something like that

so i guess it all works out in the end, thanks again to everyone who helped out!
Good. I'm glad. And funny, though, when I ordered my husband's phone from Verizon, they told me that in no way could I sign a door tag and that even if I had wanted to, the driver would not leave the phone without a signature from someone inside the house. So, the fact that the driver claims to have been able to leave the phone with a tag signature really sounds a bit off to me. Incidentally, when my husband ordered my Storm, he was told the same thing.

Quote:
By signing the door tag, you are authorizing Fed-X to leave the package (not hand it to a person). That's the risk you take when you don't want to be inconvenienced by having a person available to accept a $600.00 phone.
True, but according to Verizon, FedEx will not accept a door tag signature for the Storm.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #29
Mintdub

Quote:
whats your problem man??? who cares.. why do you care.. **** verizon! they have plenty of our money from bills and phones.. shut the **** up. and stop hating on this guy because he actually got justice! seriously... why would he sccrew himself by haveing them send the Crash signal to the phone upon initializing it.... think about it.. and next time. keep your dumba$$ thoughts to yourself

Last edited by Mintdub; 02-26-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Old 02-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintdub View Post
whats your problem man??? who cares.. why do you care.. **** verizon! they have plenty of our money from bills and phones.. shut the **** up. and stop hating on this guy because he actually got justice! seriously... why would he sccrew himself by haveing them send the Crash signal to the phone upon initializing it.... think about it.. and next time. keep your dumba$$ thoughts to yourself
Excellent first post. Please re-check the definition of forum. At least his attack was not nearly as vicious as yours.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #31
Mintdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
Excellent first post. Please re-check the definition of forum. At least his attack was not nearly as vicious as yours.
That was a pretty good first post huh.. lol

Last edited by Mintdub; 02-26-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Old 02-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #32
Lord Chrispin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: EALECTOMY
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Omg Reading this initially made me wanna cringe lol... Im soy happy that everything worked out....... I feel for you my friend.