Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
khihannibal

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default i need help

Please Login to Remove!

i installed a os on my bb 8700c it was originally a cingular i want to use my wifes t-mobile card in and it keeps saying invalid sim is there a way i can fix this.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Did you get your 8700c unlocked from AT&T?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
raja_3012

It looks that your device is still locked to AT&T. Either you can call up AT&T and get the unlock code for the device or HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß
Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
sch911
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

The OS flash does not unlock the device. You'll need to get the unlock code for it to do what you want....

On Edit: Well you get the point. I was 10 sec too late!

Last edited by sch911; 01-07-2009 at 09:01 PM..
Old 01-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
khihannibal

Default hm

when i load it up u see the cingular screen were it says raising the bar then when it is done loading, in the backround it says that it is ATT. i would like to put my wifes t mobile sim in it but it keeps saying its invalid and i have already been thru so much with this thing already i just want to get it workin asap if anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

raja_3012 told you how to do it. The device must be unlocked to work on T-Mo. That is the only way to do it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #7
khihannibal

ya know it seems like everybody on these forums has an attitude with me for some reason, i came here for help and i have have already expressed how greatful i am for it i dont think i came off with any sarcasm or and attitude at all these bb's are new to me so i was kinda looking for a lil patience but if its to much for me to ask any question then i will just let it be and find my own answers
Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #8
raja_3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by khihannibal View Post
ya know it seems like everybody on these forums has an attitude with me for some reason, i came here for help and i have have already expressed how greatful i am for it i dont think i came off with any sarcasm or and attitude at all these bb's are new to me so i was kinda looking for a lil patience but if its to much for me to ask any question then i will just let it be and find my own answers
Come on man .. you must be kidding !!.. I am sure no body is showing any attitude to you. Why should anyone do that to you.. we all were novice's one day (I am still).. it is just we have some forums rules set by the Mods.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
khihannibal

Default my bad

this dam thing is a pain in the but this is the first time i have ever dealt with a bb plus i trying to get it straight before my wifes b-day on fri. so dont mind me im just like ugh ya know.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
raja_3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by khihannibal View Post
this dam thing is a pain in the but this is the first time i have ever dealt with a bb plus i trying to get it straight before my wifes b-day on fri. so dont mind me im just like ugh ya know.
Take it easy dude.. not every day is Sunday. I assure you once you get over all this you would love your BB.

Come to your point.. I am not aware if any 3rd party vendor would unlock your BB for free unless you have friends in that company. Give a shot with AT&T and see what they have to say.. i mean it does hurt or cost you anything requesting an unlock code.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #11
kevinwska
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

Its not the BB that's a pain in the butt you just need to have in unlocked, its how all phones work when switching carries. Phones are all set to only work with the carrier you originally buy them from. I don't know how ATT is about unlocking phones but some carries just give them to you, or you may have to pay for the code.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #12
ExGMan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Default AT&T Unlock Code

khihannibal - AT&T Tech Service just gave me the 16-digit unlock code for my 8700c. I have been a subscriber for 1.5 years, and pay a pretty hefty monthly charge. It took them about 3 minutes on hold to come up with the number, but then they just read it off to me. They could not tell me how to use it to unlock the 'phone, but then, I knew that the information was on this board. I believe AT&T looks at your history, and after 6 months of successful, on-time payments, they'll give you the code.

The only real purpose (since I'm locked into a 2-year agreement with AT&T) is if I were to take the 'phone out of the country on a trip, and wanted to use a cheap GSM SIM card in some other country. However, I'm thinking about making the switch to a BB Bold, so an unlocked 8700c is a lot easier to sell than a locked device.
Closed Thread