Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
lifeguard23

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default Storm NOOB questions

Please Login to Remove!

A few things I can't seem to figure out. Excuse the noobness of my questions:

1) If I have a number that calls me and I want to add it to an EXISTING contact, how do I do it. WHne I press the menu button and choose "add to contact" it makes it a brand new contact. I have to copy the number, open up the existing contact I want to add it to, and then paste it there.

2) When I get a get an SMS txt, how do I call back that number right away. On other phones I've had (non-BB), I simply press the send button while that text is active and it dials it. Even when I press the menu button when an SMS is open, I don't get a "call this number" item.

3) I think it was a temporary glitch because it was acting a little weird when this happened, but I was typing out a message and somehow the white box (the one that activates when you hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds) was on the entire time I was typing. It made typing SO much quicker because I could type the message like normal, and if I made a mistake I simply swiped my finger back the it acted just like a cursor (I didn't have to hold my finger down for 3 seconds to activate it). Was this a glitch or is there a way to permanently turn on the edit mode when typing.

Otherwise love the phone
Old 01-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
trella1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
I think it was a temporary glitch because it was acting a little weird when this happened, but I was typing out a message and somehow the white box (the one that activates when you hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds) was on the entire time I was typing. It made typing SO much quicker because I could type the message like normal, and if I made a mistake I simply swiped my finger back the it acted just like a cursor (I didn't have to hold my finger down for 3 seconds to activate it). Was this a glitch or is there a way to permanently turn on the edit mode when typing.
I think that was a glitch. However, I just changed my Hover Period setting in the Screen/Keyboard option to 100 and I like it WAY better for editing texts/emails.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard23 View Post

2) When I get a get an SMS txt, how do I call back that number right away. On other phones I've had (non-BB), I simply press the send button while that text is active and it dials it. Even when I press the menu button when an SMS is open, I don't get a "call this number" item.
Place the cursor on the same line as the phone number and then press menu. You should then be able to call back the sender.
Closed Thread