Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
just4747
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

SO..lol, for the fifth or so time..is this kind of app for changing the color temp possible to make and use?? Maybe someone who programs mobile apps can chime in..
Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #22
roscopcoltrane
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

Every time I start to feel like I'm a gadget nerd who obsesses over insane details, I read something like this thread and feel 100 times better about myself. Holy smokes people, put the phone down and go play outside or something.

/threadjack, sorry.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #23
conazo

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopcoltrane View Post
Every time I start to feel like I'm a gadget nerd who obsesses over insane details, I read something like this thread and feel 100 times better about myself. Holy smokes people, put the phone down and go play outside or something.

/threadjack, sorry.
LOL! LMAO! The Storm is very addicting Buddy.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #24
just4747

Dude, don't give me that shit. There's a hundred threads about the very same complaint on Crackberry and other forums. Crackberry even has a sub-forum DEDICATED to rants and raves about the Storm that has new posts every 5 seconds, so don't even act like the problems with this device isn't a hassle. It's not that hard to believe that people complain when they have one Storm with an awesome, color-perfect screen, but have to replace it for some reason and get a replacement one with obviously washed out, less rich colors. Really, just visit: Storm Rants & Raves Forum - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Besides, this thread was meant as a request for an app that can deal with this "issue," not really a complaint one. It just turned into one since people keep talking about it.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
conazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4747 View Post
Dude, don't give me that shit. There's a hundred threads about the very same complaint on Crackberry and other forums. Crackberry even has a sub-forum DEDICATED to rants and raves about the Storm that has new posts every 5 seconds, so don't even act like the problems with this device isn't a hassle. It's not that hard to believe that people complain when they have one Storm with an awesome, color-perfect screen, but have to replace it for some reason and get a replacement one with obviously washed out, less rich colors. Really, just visit: Storm Rants & Raves Forum - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Besides, this thread was meant as a request for an app that can deal with this "issue," not really a complaint one. It just turned into one since people keep talking about it.
LOL!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #26
just4747

Quote:
Originally Posted by conazo View Post
LOL!
Gee thanks for laughing at me. I was replying to rscop's post, not yours. No real reason to also be a dick to me.
All I did was request an app to be made or the feasibility of it being made at all.

Last edited by just4747; 01-16-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Old 01-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #27
conazo

Smile

Quote:
Gee thanks for laughing at me. I was replying to rscop's post, not yours. No real reason to also be a dick to me.
All I did was request an app to be made or the feasibility of it being made at all.
Jesus buddy you take things to personal no need for all that, and your cursing. im not been a **** with you bro, i just thought you take things to personal and you need to relax buddy is just about a phone not the end of the world. LOL!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #28
Masterteee89
Thumbs Must Hurt

Here this may be a better way to tell.. Go to Options, Than Screen/Keyboard and take the pic. Cause im confused on the color of the two... ive had both but i dont know which one your all talking about looks the best.. i think mine looks great imo.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #29
just4747

I was gonna say the same thing, but like I said, you can't tell the difference in screen shots. Either that, or you actually have the same version as mine b/c in person, they are totally different, I have personally seen it more than once...

EDIT: Well you can see the difference a little in that your black is darker, but in person its WAY darker and mine is WAY more washed out, trust me. Also, I don't know if the brightness being set differently on ours matters or not for screen shots..I 99% doubt it though.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #30
roscopcoltrane

Quote:

Legit. The request for an app was not my target. I was fortunate enough to get a flawless Storm from the get go so it's tough to relate. Even with a device that has no apparent issues, I troll these threads daily and end up thinking mine has problems too. Now excuse me while I go pull my shades, there are strange black helicopters flying over my house...
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #31
just4747

It's cool. So does anyone think this kind of app or configuration change is possible ever by us users? I have no experience in the limitations of mobile apps so I have no clue.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #32
hudres

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Talking Only 1 Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
Click on the options screen .. Look at the white at an angle ... Most people like the yellowish tinted screen over the blueish one. The blue one seems to not look as good from an angle.
Sorry to disappoint, but there is only one screen. The color you see when viewed at an angle is due to the anti-reflection coating on the screen. Two different coating recipes. Simple optical physics. You can see the same effect if you have anti-reflection coating on your eyeglasses (or a high quality camera lens) and view it at an angle as JSNT has done. There is no way to change this as it is a physical property not an electronic function. 73
Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #33
just4747

According to some seemingly intelligent guys on Crackberry, that's not the case. They say (and it seems like) it is in fact the way the screen was configured from factory or the actual type of LCD screen used. And I don't know where you got the angle thing from..we're talking about looking right at it. Go ahead and take one of each kind in person and sit 'em next to each other. All that matters is one looks better than the other (from all angles). Clearly the Mexican-made ones were made going the cheaper route for some reason or something because the colors are almost cheesy and it almost makes it look like a bootleg phone.