Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
dlautman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default leather holster complaint

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using the OEM holster for 7520 forever, but yesterday I got a leather holster. I like it, except for one thing: when my phone rings, I inadvertently either hang up on the person (with escape key) or auto-answer (with scrollwheel).

I know there are a lot of leather enthusiasts here--do you have this problem?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Funny this issue is posted today... I just had a user complain this morning that he's been losing calls whenever he pulls his BB 7520 from his aftermarket case. The 7520 (Nextel), being a fat BB fits snugly in the a/m case/holster.

Basically, when a phone call comes in, BB gives you the option to "Answer" or "Ignore" the call. Since the "Ignore" option is at the bottom, it gets highlighted when the trackwheel scrolls down to it when the device is pulled out. Once the "Ignore" option is highlighted, the phone stops ringing or is silenced, however, you can still answer the call if you're able to scroll up to the "Answer" option and click on it. . . try it out . . . you might not need to give up your leather case. In case you do, let me know, and I'll gladly take them for you. . . .

Last edited by crisambo; 11-08-2005 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Old 11-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

No, I grab the part of the phone above it. I have not had this happen a single time.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I use to have that problem but I too have become quite adept at grabbing the phone at the very top and being careful not to drop it.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
Cheri9724
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

I have a 7290 and have the same issue with the leather holster. I reverted back to the plastic holster....just wish it looked nicer.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #6
dlautman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo
Funny this issue is posted today... I just had a user complain this morning that he's been losing calls whenever he pulls his BB 7520 from his aftermarket case. The 7520 (Nextel), being a fat BB fits snugly in the a/m case/holster.

Basically, when a phone call comes in, BB gives you the option to "Answer" or "Ignore" the call. Since the "Ignore" option is at the bottom, it gets highlighted when the trackwheel scrolls down to it when the device is pulled out. Once the "Ignore" option is highlighted, the phone stops ringing or is silenced, however, you can still answer the call if you're able to scroll up to the "Answer" option and click on it. . . try it out . . . you might not need to give up your leather case. In case you do, let me know, and I'll gladly take them for you. . . .
Crisambo, I understand why it's happening, I just wish there was an easier way to pull the bb out. I'm just going to have to adapt like KonTiki and Stone said above.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri9724
I have a 7290 and have the same issue with the leather holster. I reverted back to the plastic holster....just wish it looked nicer.
I didn't like the OEM holster at all. It constantly seemed stuck when a call came in. I got tired of fumbling with it and got the leather holster. I've never had any problems with hanging up calls. Just grab the top on each side and lift it straight out. No problem. I've only dropped it once. It hit the concrete on a sidwalk in the mall in DC from about three feet. Couple of nice scratches on the case, but still worked fine.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlautman
Crisambo, I understand why it's happening, I just wish there was an easier way to pull the bb out. I'm just going to have to adapt like KonTiki and Stone said above.
If you still have the "Answer" option, all you need to do is click on it, and you're connected to your phone call...

as far as grabbing it out of the holster, I've used the 7520 for a short time and pulling by the antenna wasn't too bad at all... just don't know how much stress that can withstand before it breaks. . . am personally using a 7290 unil the 8700c arrives.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:09 PM   #9
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff
I didn't like the OEM holster at all. It constantly seemed stuck when a call came in. I got tired of fumbling with it and got the leather holster. I've never had any problems with hanging up calls. Just grab the top on each side and lift it straight out. No problem. I've only dropped it once. It hit the concrete on a sidwalk in the mall in DC from about three feet. Couple of nice scratches on the case, but still worked fine.
I use a technique that makes "drawing" my BB from the OEM plastic holster easy and flawless . . . by pressing on the battery cover notch with my middlefinger while pulling the BB up. . . most of my users start out by pulling the BB from both sides, which I know is stiff and awkward. . . but with practice, you think that these guys are out West ready for a gunfight at the OK Corral...
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 PM   #10
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

been using the leather holster for over a year now and I havent had one issue like this I think its an operator error you are getting.
Closed Thread