BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #161
roscopcoltrane
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Day 2 for me. Zero issues. Everything I expected before the initial reports came out. Very responsive. Arrived with .75

Took a minute to get used having come from 8703>8830 but whatever, that's half the fun.

Plus...this thing is dead sexy. With the screen off, just sitting there all black and shiny. Or maybe with the digital clock. I cant take my eyes off it. Good curb appeal.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #162
coallaw

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile
Unhappy Storm - Returned

Had it one day and returned it. Maybe?? I could get used to the keyboard - but I can type on my 8700 blazingly fast - and don't even have to look at it. On the Storm it is impossible to do that using the full keyboard - as your thumbs cover up the keys you are using. I could type faster on the suretype keyboard - but that seemed like a step back to my old 8100. Anyway - I really do think the Storm is a very poor second to the Ipod. I tried out an Ipod and really loved it - but AT&T has lousy to no reception at my house - so I am back to the 8700. Am looking forward to the 8900 - as I think I will love it. One very interesting fact for you all out there THE STORM WITH 3G ON VERIZON is not any faster at all then nmy 8700 with TMobile Edge. I think there are a lot of other things going on in comparing 3G and Edge beside simple bandwith. Anyway - those are my thoughts. If you do get a Storm be sure you can take it back (Verizon took mine back and cancelled my new service with no problem at all).
Old 12-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #163
bbmike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: Telus

I use the Storm as my personal (play) device. Use an 8830 as my work device (provided by employer).
I just got my Storm a few days ago. I like it very much. Have used HTC Diamond and iPhone as well. I'm a bit of a phone whore. So anyhow, I am happy with the Storm and find the quality up to standard with most other RIM products. I've been hearing a lot about this .83 OS version improvement over the .76. Not sure I will try until it becomes officially available through Telus.
The touch keyboard does take time to adjust to. Then again, the scroll ball also did compared to the track wheel. We just have to retrain our brains. Having said this, an actual QWERTY device is hard to beat compared to a touchscreen version.
Enjoy your Storm. I know I will. Looking forward to the holidays.

Last edited by bbmike; 12-21-2008 at 11:07 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #164
2thlaser

PIN: N/A

I love mine. Had it for over 2 weeks now, and still getting used to BB vs. Palm, but it beats out Palm hands down....way cool device!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #165
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: I have one, but do you want it :)

First day with mine. I can't put the thing down. It's so damn good looking. I already have multiple videos and music filling my memory card. I find typing extremely easy and it will take some time to get used to the browser.

I'm looking forward to using it for a long time to come!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #166
ck_storm

Model: Storm
Carrier: Vodafone
Default My First stinct with BB Storm

Yuppyyyyyyyyy i got my firt BB which is Storm yesterday...

its good experience using with its unique touch screen....

i need to explore a lot about this phone....there are so many features....

till now i am just installing all the applications available and i found one con as on BB browser we cant actually open all the sites even if we type for yahoo the home page edition will be older format and all the sections will not be visible ....

i will update more after exploring the features.

CK..
Old 12-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #167
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

The best thing about the Storm is that I can remove the battery cover!

This is the first bb that I have owned since my first 6750, where I could get the battery cover off without calling in the Fire Department!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #168
theduskes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 22b385ea

Quote:
Originally Posted by japostol View Post
I have yet to see the holster and curious what it looks like. Anyone have any pics?
you can use an 8830 holster with clip...works well
Old 12-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #169
theduskes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 22b385ea

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanErik View Post
For those of us frustrated by having to press the menu button, and then send, after creating a text messege...... The shortcut is just to hit the menu button twice.

WOOHOO!
works with BB messenger too.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #170
JonB27

BB messenger you can just hit the enter key
Old 12-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #171
KG89

Default Not bad at all

I got my storm over a week now , when i first got it I was like what the hell is this , everything was so slow , to lock and unlock the phone it took a while to lunch a app same thing but after the update and playing with it couple hours everything was perfect. I like almost everything about the storm weight, screen, typing etc. The only problem is the browser its ok but its far away from the iphone. Another thing that I like about the storm that you can do pretty much anything you want with it, you can customize it to your own needs , use it as a modem :D vz navigation is good overall I like my BB and can't live without it.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #172
chynamese

Default problems

Is anyone else having trouble with the device not being able to detect if the earphones are plugged in? Also it sometimes only gives me sound in one ear.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #173
roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynamese View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the device not being able to detect if the earphones are plugged in? Also it sometimes only gives me sound in one ear.
Sounds like your headphone jack is defective and not making proper contact with the headphone plug. Clean the plug with isopropyl alcohol and make sure the plug is pushed all the way in. If the problem persists return it!

Last edited by roofus; 12-26-2008 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #174
roofus

Thumbs up Eyeglass wearers

One of the advantages of the Storm is for wearers of eyeglasses. With my Curve I almost always had to put my glasses on to type, read emails etc. With the larger screen and virtual keyboards of the Storm I can do all those tasks even if my eyeglasses are not handy.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #175
regener8ed

I'm still in the honeymoon stage with mine - definitely worth waiting for.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #176
Kamakanani0

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

Just got my storm actually using it right now and I have to say I love this phone the sure press does take some getting use to but for me just took an hour and its easy as a regular keypad awesome. Not baggy at all browser fast faster than my curve I last had. Love this phone
Old 01-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #177
hsanghavi

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone

I got the stom today too and find it a bit uneasy and sticky after using a simple Windows based Touch Screen PDA.

The Screen Clicking was a little surprise but seems to be a lot beneficial

The Keyboard on screen of Suretype is a bit wierd and you take a longtime to type the things instead of the old solid keys in the previous Blackberries.

I have not yet got hand on the Blackberry enterprise Email & internet service. It looks a bit tough

I have to admit it is the best Business phone that one can have. It is not for the players and day to day basic working. It replaces your laptop if all you do is check your emails using a laptop.

Battery life better than windows phone is one day with BT around 8 to 10 hours and without BT around 2 days.

Overall a good experience.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #178
Joee-K

Carrier: Vodaphone

This is a big thread so i wont drag on for you poor guys having to troll through a hugh thread

Anyway im 'techno' mad. If theres anything i like the technology side i will probably buy it to skint myself but then i have it...

Anyways i had the Iphone 1st gen then the iphone 3g 2nd gen. I absolutly adored that phone but i fell out with o2. So i bought a Google G1 on t-mobile but it was unlocked. I had this phone for like what 3 weeks and got straight rid. Hated that phone.

A could of my friends have the Storm and i loved the stylish look, and as i work in a busy ran office i thought it would look (suite) me well. Anyway, first day i had this phone i just loved what blackberry have done with it. Iv never had a blackberry before nor have thought about having one. Damn guys, it sucks how people complain about features missing on this phone.

A couple of benefits i love on the BB compared to my old iphone.
Its has hotmail so i dont actually have to pay for the hotmail plus like i would for the iphone. Also how different the whole OS is. And how it dosnt feel to me like they have copied other manufactorers.

Damn im hooked on Blackberry's now. And i think ill be here for a long time to come.

~Joe.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #179
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

the storm is a great phone but for its first try blackberry does have some major issues the touch screen needs to be tweeked a little more the OS still has some major lag. but does the storm do its job as a blackberry ? yes it does . does it fit everyones demnad ? no it does not. if you are a major user of a blackberry the storm might not be for you because it will not do the same job as a bold or curve or the 8800. i feel these models will do the job better in the pro world . as a entertainment tool the storm is great. its a nice toy .
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #180
jman3

Default Blackberry Storm Feedback after 2 Months

I have had my storm for about 2 months now and I am very dissapointed. The reception is terrible. I can not make calls from my home unless I am pressed up against a window or door. I have had other blackberries in the past and the reception has been far superior. I constantly have a fade in and fade out phone signal even 5 miles from my house which is in a bit of a valley. Even if I move my head 3 to 4 inches down while in the car I have fade problems. I am ready to trade it in for a conventional blackberry like the world edition or curve.

This is a pure consumer product and not a great business tool. Rapid texting is difficult with the touch pad versus the raised buttons. To answer a phone call it is much easier to press the answer button than press the touch screen which does not work typically on the first push. I have had issues with videos and saving them on the Storm.

If you are used to the functionality of older blackberry's and you use it for work I do not recommend the storm. If you are a consumer user and you are living in a area that has a great signal then the storm may be for you.

I personally am ready to trade it in.
Closed Thread