Old 12-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
cablelayer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default ENOUGH with the "Storm Going Back" Threads

Please Login to Remove!

Enough with wating threads. Yes, I am doing it right now.....EVERYONE who doslikes the Storm starts a NEW thread. Pick one and complain there. THE PHONE IS NEW. Give it time.
Mods, If I did something wrong, Please lock it. It's just I am tired of seeing new threads about "How I don't like this or that". Sorry everyone. Enought is Enough.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
SpeedFreak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Well when you get a device and even very basic functions that both Verizon and RIM claim to work cause you nothing but grief and waste a ridiculous amount of your time to get working what do you expect?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
pnd4pnd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

i wanted to like the storm SO much. its just not ready for prime time (not even close) - and from what i have seen it may never be until they launch the next version. there are so many threads complaining about it cause it doesn't work well compared to other blackberry products when they were released.

everyone here saying they love their storms is kidding themselves. if you want to put up with all the bugs waiting for software that works, go for it. i need a business tool that works for me now, not a early toy version. people have a right to post their feelings and make sure other people know what they are getting into before they plunk down their money.

maybe then RIM might move faster to try and fix this mess. i think their stock is gonna take a HUGE hit when their next qtr's numbers come out. there are going to be a very large number of storms returned.

it was a shoddy product released way too early. and i'm a blackberry fanboy!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Yawn.

Unhappy with your Storm?
Trade in the device and move on. Nothing personal but I agree with the OP.... this is getting a little silly... some 3-4 weeks after the release.

Maybe this needs to be moved to rants/raves?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
koki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: BIG RED

first let me say i too thought most people were just being to picky about the phone, sure it had bugs and lagged a bit but in fact functions really well, then i started to meet other people who had the storm as well and found that their storm straight sucked balls, the screen nowhere as easy to use as mine(my storm is a breeze to click, even on the very very edge) and the OS was the same but just a really buggy phone....so what im sayin is, it is a well thought out phone but maybe not well put together, but still you're kidding yourself if you think there is win mo phone that can sh!t on any blackberry(my opinion, i had a win mo phone for a year before enough was enough with that joke) i send and receive 15-20 thousand messages a month and use very little talk time, i have one phone for work and personal and thats a , im not saying it the best phone ever, but its better then the others that are currently out. people should talk about the pro/cons of this device why else have i forum about it..i mean we all know so well how informed c/s is about their products. as far as the storm goes, it can only get better from here
Old 12-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
*&))
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessR View Post
I don't see what so amazing you know before hand that you hated touch screen devices but you still bought one. You know the compromises that would come with running under this platform. But what ever I love it!

(I wasn't a fan per say of the touch screen but I know what I was getting.)
Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 AM   #7
thunderstorm

Model: 9000
PIN: Private
Carrier: Optus

I actually owned an iPhone which was great, but I'm happier with the Storm. And yes, it will improve as time goes by. If you're an unhappy camper, go back to the traditional BB phones which is what I would do, but in my case, the Storm is working to my satisfaction, so I'm keeping it!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #8
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

As a Mod, I kinda agree with the OP. There are lots of storm threads regarding problems, if you search first you'll most likely find one which covers your problem.
Instead, we are getting users who do not search, and just start a new thread the same as dozens of existing ones.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #9
Hoghead

Model: Tour

I have found in any type of computer, BB is a type, that any operating system will have bugs. Anything new on this magnetude will. It is frustrating, I agree with speedfreak, but things will improve as all the people that have them report bugs. The more eyes that are on it, the more things are found.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
jimmypowder

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstorm View Post
I actually owned an iPhone which was great, but I'm happier with the Storm. And yes, it will improve as time goes by. If you're an unhappy camper, go back to the traditional BB phones which is what I would do, but in my case, the Storm is working to my satisfaction, so I'm keeping it!!!
What makes the Storm better for you than the iphone?I cant find one feature
save quicker email notification(only yahoo email is push on iphone) that is better
Old 12-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

Storm on BES is hands down better then iPhone using ActiveSync. I have both so I can tell you from a enterprise perspective the iPhone is what Blackberry was in 2002 functionality wise. yeah it's a start and works but unless Apple pays for the full ActiveSync intergration it's the basics. The calendar is woefully inadequate compared to what BES 4.1.6 offers. Attachment handling on BB and the ability to download and edit is huge. Sure iPhone will have a version of DocstoGo at some point but Apple is not going to open up the file system to anything but iTunes unless you jailbreak.

Email wise Blackberry is so far ahead of iPhone its not even worth comparing. Sure DELIVERY is comparable though ActiveSync often randomly stops working and is known to eat through battery life like crazy etc. Blackberry has a wealth of email features over iPhone the list would be embarrasing to post.

I use my iPhone mostly as an iPod (which it is first) and to download useless apps for my kids to play with. Yeah it's got some neat stuff but when it comes to actually doing stuff - I'll use the Blackberry 99% of the time. I've had an iPhone since EDGE launch and it's had as many issues so it's comical to expect Storm to be perfect out of the gate. Let's see where Storm is 6 months - year from now. I have used the Storm as my primary device for almost a month and yes there are some drawbacks but for the most part once you get .75 on it and tweak some settings it's pretty solid. Still some quirks (which I listed this past week) but I'm still on it and I can activate any of the other devices I have in my drawer (Bold, 8320, 8830 etc).
Old 12-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #12
GraciesStorm

PIN: Please ask

I for one love my Storm.. maybe i am just ignorant of problems but nothing is perfect..
I hear the Bold had some glitches too.. but they are working it out.. If the phone truely has problems maybe it is a dud send it back.. that is what a friend of mine did..
Or if you are unhappy with it turn it back for a different phone.. I think people expect too much for a new product.. the Iphone had problems too.. i have friends that have them one had a bunch of problems and one didnt at all..
I agree with one other when he said move on.. if you are having a problem and want help with it that is one thing but to keep saying you hate it get rid of it for petes sake..
there are other great BB out there..