Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
chickenlounge

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Empower BES Product

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know if the Empower BES Mailbox product actually separates your BES and BIS email? Or does it just create some sort of glorified search/filter in the Messages folder so that you don't see the BIS emails in the general "Messages" anymore?

If it's just a search/filter, I would think I'd be able to figure that out on my own without the Empower app.

Just curious how it actually works, and whether it's worth the $20.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
zulu1128

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

It works great, as long as you're not running OS 4.5. It still doesn't work there, and I'm starting to doubt if it ever will. Otherwise, it's a good buy.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130

It is kind of like a glorified search - on my wife's Pearl it shows only work emails, then you press back and all emails show, and then back again to exit. So it is doing some type of filtering.

My wife has it and is very happy with it.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
chickenlounge

Model: 8330

Yeah, I was afraid it was just a glorified search/filter and doesn't actually separate it out. I've already got a search setup where I press Alt+W and it shows me only my work emails. Guess I don't need Empower then.

Anybody know if RIM is planning on incorporating this functionality in future versions of the OS?

I'm running v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.72) right now. Assuming that means the OS version is 4.3. Not sure what "Platform" means in this case.

Thanks to everyone that replied. I appreciate it.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #5
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

From my view it works as it should. I have 6 email accounts on my BB Bold, 5 are personal and 1 is my work BES. I keep the personal accounts sorted into a folder and the BES folder setup as well. It allows me to quickly review my work mail, read and delete as necessary or I can read all of my mail as needed. I am not sure what else others want it to do.
Closed Thread