BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #101
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I received mine yesterday. I wasn't home when the FedEX person came by so I picked it up at the FedEx facility after work. I activated it over the phone and have had problems ever since. Only getting 1xev in lower-case letters. Called VZW and of course the rep wasn't much help. When I used Desktop manager last night I noticed that there was an update available. I didn't install it because I wanted to install it over-the-air. I just installed the update online using the website: BlackBerry - Engage an even more powerful BlackBerry Storm. A prompt said the update was completed successfully but it went to smooth. I'm a little disappointed because I'm having problems right out of the box but I'm also a BB Engineer so I'll try to work through this and hope I don't have to send it back and have to wait for another one. Stay tuned.....
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #102
therobbstory

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbulldog View Post
I received mine yesterday. I wasn't home when the FedEX person came by so I picked it up at the FedEx facility after work. I activated it over the phone and have had problems ever since. Only getting 1xev in lower-case letters. Called VZW and of course the rep wasn't much help. When I used Desktop manager last night I noticed that there was an update available. I didn't install it because I wanted to install it over-the-air. I just installed the update online using the website: BlackBerry - Engage an even more powerful BlackBerry Storm. A prompt said the update was completed successfully but it went to smooth. I'm a little disappointed because I'm having problems right out of the box but I'm also a BB Engineer so I'll try to work through this and hope I don't have to send it back and have to wait for another one. Stay tuned.....
Was this the FedEx facility at Florida and Eckington? I'm staring at it out of my office window right now. I wonder if I can intercept FedEx and have them just hold mine for me there once I receive a tracking number. Delivery men won't leave ANYTHING at my doorstep (u street) unless someone physically signs for it.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #103
cdw5510
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

Quote:

I dont understand your post. It didnt work out of the box correct? Do you think it was a provisioning problem with VZW? If you are a BB engineer why dont you take it to your tech team and ask them...

Also I spoke with a REP and they stated the phones all have to be ordered online or on the phone or in the store to get them. He said the stores wont stock till about early to mid january because of the demand for the phones...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #104
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw5510 View Post
I dont understand your post. It didnt work out of the box correct? Do you think it was a provisioning problem with VZW? If you are a BB engineer why dont you take it to your tech team and ask them...

Also I spoke with a REP and they stated the phones all have to be ordered online or on the phone or in the store to get them. He said the stores wont stock till about early to mid january because of the demand for the phones...
My Storm is not connecting to the wireless network properly. It is not receiving all of the service books. This is a personal device so VZW is my tech team. I have re-provisioned it several times. The VZW rep tried to resend the service books but it didn't work. After trying all of the usual troubleshooting steps he said he would put in a ticket. Guess I'm on my own for the moment. I'll reinstall the software to see if that helps.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #105
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Did you try the *228 and I think it's option 1 for updating your towers. Might help your data connection.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #106
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp1975 View Post
Did you try the *228 and I think it's option 1 for updating your towers. Might help your data connection.
Did that several times. I tried everything I could think of so I called VZW one last time before going to the local VZW store for assistance. I got a rep who knew what he was doing. He had me remove the battery and then used some tool to re-add my device to the network. When I re-inserted the battery, VIOLA!!! Everything started working as it should! Lesson learned. Get a second opinion when dealing with VZW support.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #107
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Did that several times. I tried everything I could think of so I called VZW one last time before going to the local VZW store for assistance. I got a rep who knew what he was doing. He had me remove the battery and then used some tool to re-add my device to the network. When I re-inserted the battery, VIOLA!!! Everything started working as it should! Lesson learned. Get a second opinion when dealing with VZW support.
Awesome!, glad it was finally resolved. With the rush to fill demand, they may have some devices that are not registered fully with the network.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #108
gshine666
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: to.

Ordered Saturday the 22nd around 1:30p. Never heard anything from Verizon, and Sunday I called the local store and found it had shipped Saturday. Got it tuesday morning.

Activated it, then I called Verizon to change my plan up. Last month my g/f had wanted a BB Pearl Flip and had got a tmobile account. We had nursed her plan along, knowing the storm was coming. I picked it up on her plan for $49 after rebate. Anyway when I called to activate it the rep was very nice, except for she did not seem aware of the $99 for 450 minutes, email,date and txt messaging plan, and kept steering me to a $149 plan. She finally found it though and I got the plan I wanted.

I"ve been typing about as fast as on my curve, with a few more mistakes. I may have had a headstart reading about everyone elses problems here, and I was able to bring up the cursor with little effort. I deleted VZ navigator right away. I was able to get the GPS to work with BB maps without any issues, but didn't really use it past my first location fix.

I did one final sync with my curve to my mac with missing sync, then was able to synch my storm to the mac with no problems.

Been plinking around with BB messenger and Yahoo IM. My typing is imporving.

I am happy so far. If something happens to change that I'll let y'all know.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #109
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Geez, sorry to see some of guys having these issues. I bought one in a store and then had it replaced at another location. I don't think I could handle waiting for it to ship.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #110
cdw5510
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyart View Post
Geez, sorry to see some of guys having these issues. I bought one in a store and then had it replaced at another location. I don't think I could handle waiting for it to ship.

What store and what date did you get it at the store. I want to buy one from a store in Philadelphia area? Anyone out there know where to get one?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #111
cdw5510
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Best Buy Ships Friday

I just saw on Best Buy Website that if ou order there it will ship Friday? How about that note from them...Pretty confident.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #112
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL

Well, Friday is the 5th... which is when some are rumored to be shipped by. So I wouldn't be surprised if they do ship from Best Buy on Friday.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #113
mulvisaur
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Default OP here...

i have been tracking the fedex truck all day! It was on the truck for delivery at 846 this morning and it is currently 334 - the suspense is killing me!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #114
lexaa75020

PIN: 3051FE13

so I just got off the phone with my vzw rep and he said that a tracking number hasnt even been made yet or some crap like that. I got the "your order is processing" email a week ago...

lol im so impatient
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #115
mikebeau
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

got mine today
Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #116
wky01

Model: 8130

I ordered mine with my business rep on 11/19 and talked to her at 8:30am EST on 11/21 for payment arrangements. Called and e-mailed her many times and kept getting the same story that it was ordered and she couldn't get any more info till it ships from the warehouse, not even an order number!! I finally called yesterday in the evening to see what I could find out, as I figured somebody had to know something. After speaking to 2 different CSR's I got a manager who could confirm that it was in fact ordered on the 21st, but could NOT yet provide an order or tracking number and that it would ship by Dec. 5th...WTF!?! Today I find 3 charges..1 for the Storm and 2 more both for $1 ea. My rep did say that due to the delay that I was supposed to get Free overnight shipping, but I'll believe that when I see it. I still have to wonder how this manager could see that it was ORDERed, but could not provide an ORDER number? LOL
Old 12-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #117
JL350ZSD

Model: 9500

I ordered mine on 11/25 on the Verizon website. Today I got my tracking info that it had shipped. Should have it tomorrow
Old 12-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #118
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL350ZSD View Post
I ordered mine on 11/25 on the Verizon website. Today I got my tracking info that it had shipped. Should have it tomorrow
Ditto....we're in the same boat!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #119
EBlanco
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9350

Got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Old 12-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #120
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: Ask

Mine came this morning....but i have to wait till I get back to Baltimore from Pheonix tonight...:(
Closed Thread